SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

20% Tint :)

Old 01-29-15, 04:57 PM
SC400Zulu
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
If you feel like you can see well, thats cool but you can't argue with science. If you decrease lumens and filter light methodically there is a threshold whereby some visible things become invisible from inside your car (person in dark clothing). With decreased lumens and dark, light filtration, you will miss some things that would have been visible with increased lumens and no filtration.
I'm not saying you can't see, i'm saying you cannot see nearly as well.
Ultimately it's your choice of course.
I am blessed to be highly intelligent, though even an idiot can understand the science behind lumens.

I never once said any of you gents where wrong. Y'all are all 100% correct.

All I'm saying guys, is that nobody came to me when my lights and Windows where stock and warned me about visibility. I say this because with what I've done thus far since owning her, has helped with my visibility.

Can it be better? Heck yeah. But for now, the slight improvement is worth sticking with. Especially after spending my hard earned money on the kits. Next down the line, will be 4300 for the lows, 5's for the fogs & some bright clear ones for the highs. You guys rock 😊

I have a interesting vinyl sticker over my small dig that reads, "SUCKS GAS BUT HAULS ***."

Lol
Old 01-29-15, 08:04 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad you are going with 4300K/5000K. Great move!
Enjoy!
Old 01-29-15, 08:59 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

In my experience, 6-8000k is great for city driving. I began having problems with 6-8000k when we moved here in Cali. After I experienced driving for 4 hours straight, as a normal driving, driving around in the freeways, I realized that it was very eye straining with the very bright bluish white light and the reflectors reflecting it back for that long time. I switched to 5000k, (since factory cars with HID use that) and it was perfect! Not eye straining at all, but still have that bright natural white color, and looks great in appearance too.

As for tint, I used to rock 5% tints also back when I lived in Philippines, Manila, the big city. I also needed the tints because of the crime rate back home. Nobody F's with heavily tinted cars just because they don't know what you have behind the tints and they don't see who you are. It was not a problem at all getting around. Takes a bit of practice and getting used to. I see where you're coming from wanting tint, besides, they don't call it ChIraq for no reason.

Last edited by OG Dada; 01-29-15 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-29-15, 09:47 PM
SC400Zulu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
In my experience, 6-8000k is great for city driving. I began having problems with 6-8000k when we moved here in Cali. After I experienced driving for 4 hours straight, as a normal driving, driving around in the freeways, I realized that it was very eye straining with the very bright bluish white light and the reflectors reflecting it back for that long time. I switched to 5000k, (since factory cars with HID use that) and it was perfect! Not eye straining at all, but still have that bright natural white color, and looks great in appearance too.

As for tint, I used to rock 5% tints also back when I lived in Philippines, Manila, the big city. I also needed the tints because of the crime rate back home. Nobody F's with heavily tinted cars just because they don't know what you have behind the tints and they don't see who you are. It was not a problem at all getting around. Takes a bit of practice and getting used to. I see where you're coming from wanting tint, besides, they don't call it ChIraq for no reason.
I use the brights some times in unlit parts. But for city driving with lots of street lamps, headlights and what not, is is ok. However, once I get the fogs done, it won't be much of an issue. And I'm an aggressive yet vigilant driver. I try my best to watch out for idiots.

Here's a pick I took earlier outside the brake shop at night. Windshield is plenty light enough imo.

2nd pick it's almost dark out.

Old 01-30-15, 06:02 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Your tint came out great! You got a really good price too!
Old 01-30-15, 06:54 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes, tint does look great!!!
I can't see anything out of my side windows at night, which sometimes hard to see with a very dark tint. . I almost ran a lady over in front of my driveway one night , she was walking her pretty big white dog, if it wasn't for the blond shiny hair or her
dog being so white, they would both be spreading on my hood in my garage
Be carefull at night!!
Old 01-30-15, 05:23 PM
SC400Zulu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
Yes, tint does look great!!!
I can't see anything out of my side windows at night, which sometimes hard to see with a very dark tint. . I almost ran a lady over in front of my driveway one night , she was walking her pretty big white dog, if it wasn't for the blond shiny hair or her
dog being so white, they would both be spreading on my hood in my garage
Be carefull at night!!
Lol.

luckily my visibility is decent at night with 20%. You can see my side mirror in the last pic and it was pretty dark outside. So I'm happy. THANKS GUYS 😁
Old 02-05-15, 08:30 AM
SC400Zulu
Pole Position

Gap trim is amazing. Had to leave my Windows up for 7days after install. Quick pic of the trim. Excellent job and the atmosphere inside the car is just that much better.

Old 02-05-15, 10:00 AM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was that windshield pic in day or night? if not take one at night so we can see how it looks.
Old 02-05-15, 11:06 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

idk what kind of tint i have in my car but i can't see anything out my back windshield at night. came with the car and it's absolutely awful, all i can see is other headlights, absolutely nothing else. if you have 20% and it looks like that, i must have like 1% cz it is absolutely awful. zulu can you PM me the place you went to? i'd like to get my tints redone. i already peeled my side windows off cz i just couldn't see absolutely anything.