Originally Posted by oldManTan
counterweighted parts of a nail
What do your counterweights weigh?
Old 10-05-14, 05:02 PM
Tam4511
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz

What? Are you serious? I have to ask because this is by far the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of, to the point its funny.

Before any of my posts get out of hand, and to stay on topic, I have never personally had any dealings with Lextech. But threads like this are informative for the community to avoid further member complications with a parts/labor source. And I can say with all the threads posted, Im glad I never went this route..
I can upload the emails if you want.
He said it was postal fraud because he already shipped them, but when I finally got the tracking number (a picture of the receipt ) it showed that he had shipped it after the fact. That's only a small part of the idiocracy I had to deal with. He had promised me a tracking number without me asking for one, then refused to give me one and said it's "not their job to provide a tracking number" "we are engineers, not postal workers". It was and still is an absolute nightmare. One of the engineers said he would send me a new motor to swap in to see if my motors that they rebuilt are bad. I've yet to hear back.
After the needles, motors and backlighting were fixed origionally their response to it not working intermittently was that my mother board might be bad and they can't test or do anything with mother boards...... Some engineers.

Last edited by Tam4511; 10-05-14 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-05-14, 06:50 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jznosht
No it's not...IMO a public call out prevents other people from getting the same treatment. keeping it behind the scenes lets the shoddy work continue(nothing personal towards lex tech, I've not done business with them)
Uh, yeah... You might want to re-read that, a bit closer this time.
Old 10-06-14, 11:04 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the constructive thing to tell everyone is that any custom work will possibly fail. My cluster which was repaired by Lextech never worked properly. My RPM needle no longer illuminates and my backlighting flashes like an EDM concert. I would consider it a bad gambling night and work with another vendor that provides quality service and professional communication. The best thing we can do as a community is educate the new users about the issue. I'll admit that I'm still completely frustrated to this day but it was a lesson learned.

Last edited by Tabaka; 10-06-14 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-06-14, 01:03 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I would be careful of offering to do anyone's cluster, even if you are good at it. probably the one lesson we can take away from the subject at hand. its easy to break them and even if you are doing it as a free service if you break someones cluster by accident they prob wont be happy *cough* oldmantan *cough*

now a write up with instructions that will let you break your own stuff is always encouraged.
ask my drives side 95 taillight that went to that big oven in the sky cause I had the heat turned up too high trying the red/clear lens mod
couldn't blame anyone but good 'ol me myself and I, which is why I went 97 tails, no oven required

Last edited by Ali SC3; 10-06-14 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-07-14, 10:34 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Banks' climate unit is shipping out today good as new.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 10-07-14, 10:46 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
TaninAuto from prior topics/posts on your reliable work being a vendor Congrats!
Old 10-07-14, 11:48 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
Haha Awesome!
Old 10-11-14, 03:40 PM
Tam4511
Driver

If I continue to have problems with my lextech "rebuilt" cluster, ill be in contact with you Tannin.
Old 10-12-14, 06:13 AM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tam4511
If I continue to have problems with my lextech "rebuilt" cluster, ill be in contact with you Tannin.
Well if you are waiting on your cluster to heal itself good luck. Whatever Lextech did I assure you it will only get worse. Send it to Tan in and get it done right. Got my climate control back and its perfect
Old 10-12-14, 04:57 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on Lextech their reviews haven't been very positive for a few years now...... good to know we have another Vendor Tanin Auto Electronix for the SC community.
Old 10-13-14, 10:21 PM
Tam4511
Driver

Originally Posted by Bankswood
Well if you are waiting on your cluster to heal itself good luck. Whatever Lextech did I assure you it will only get worse. Send it to Tan in and get it done right. Got my climate control back and its perfect
Well lextech is supposed to send me new motors to swap in myself and see if it fixes it. If that doesn't work or I can't find the problem myself I'll be sure to get in touch with Tannin.
Old 10-14-14, 05:57 AM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Sorry, wasn't trying to be a smart ***. Hope you can handle it on your own and avoid anymore cash outlay. Keep us informed
Old 10-29-14, 11:56 PM
zsmith94
Driver School Candidate

Default wow!

Originally Posted by Bankswood
I'm sure you guys thought you had heard it all but wait....Over a year ago I sent climate control for light repair. You know the drill, no communication and over a month's wait. Lights burnt out after 6 months. Sent it back for the amazing Lextech "lifetime warranty". Again no communication and another month wait. This time lights started to fail after one month. After 3 months every light was out. So I decided to have Tanin repair it this time. Well they just called me from Tanin to tell me that whoever worked on my unit before had FUBAR'd it. They said they had never seen anything like it. They sold me a replacement unit for $100 and because they felt bad about it they upgraded my order to led's at no additional charge.

Let's recap. I paid Lextech to fix my unit, which didn't last, I paid to have the unit mailed to Lextech for warranty repair which didn't last and finally Lextech screwed up my unit so bad it cost me an additional $100 to replace.

I just can't believe Mr Lextech has the stones to post on this forum let alone moderate.

Tell you what Mr. Lextech. I'm going to send you the Tannin invoice and let's see if you can do the honorable thing.

I'll keep the forum updated.
Thanks for sharing man i just bought a 300 and i was about to use lextech until i read this!
Old 10-30-14, 09:25 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Tam4511
Well lextech is supposed to send me new motors to swap in myself and see if it fixes it. If that doesn't work or I can't find the problem myself I'll be sure to get in touch with Tannin.
Any update? It's been two weeks, surely you received the replacements by now.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will the Lextech nightmare ever end!