SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Will the Lextech nightmare ever end!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-14, 04:00 PM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will the Lextech nightmare ever end!

I'm sure you guys thought you had heard it all but wait....Over a year ago I sent climate control for light repair. You know the drill, no communication and over a month's wait. Lights burnt out after 6 months. Sent it back for the amazing Lextech "lifetime warranty". Again no communication and another month wait. This time lights started to fail after one month. After 3 months every light was out. So I decided to have Tanin repair it this time. Well they just called me from Tanin to tell me that whoever worked on my unit before had FUBAR'd it. They said they had never seen anything like it. They sold me a replacement unit for $100 and because they felt bad about it they upgraded my order to led's at no additional charge.

Let's recap. I paid Lextech to fix my unit, which didn't last, I paid to have the unit mailed to Lextech for warranty repair which didn't last and finally Lextech screwed up my unit so bad it cost me an additional $100 to replace.

I just can't believe Mr Lextech has the stones to post on this forum let alone moderate.

Tell you what Mr. Lextech. I'm going to send you the Tannin invoice and let's see if you can do the honorable thing.

I'll keep the forum updated.
Old 10-03-14, 04:33 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

No need to do that, I know you're furious about the situation but just cut your losses. Live and learn. Nothing good ever comes from retaliating to people who live without honor. It's just a waste of your time and effort.
Old 10-03-14, 06:14 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

I also think Tanin would rather not have their name drawn into such a dispute, with their opinion of the previously done work unknowingly reflecting on a competitor. Stuff like that is best dealt with behind the scenes.
Old 10-03-14, 06:19 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
No need to do that, I know you're furious about the situation but just cut your losses. Live and learn. Nothing good ever comes from retaliating to people who live without honor. It's just a waste of your time and effort.
^^^This.

If a company advertises one thing, yet sells another, just avoid them. Leave your feedback publicly noted in a professional manner, and take it as a lesson learned. This is one reason I never took the time or spent the money to pursue luxury perfection, and went the route of the uncomfortable self-built performance. If I want something done to my car that requires someone else to install, I find another solution so the only person I can blame is me.
Old 10-03-14, 06:20 PM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
King you are right. Probably should have cooled down before posting
Old 10-03-14, 06:24 PM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by t2d2
I also think Tanin would rather not have their name drawn into such a dispute, with their opinion of the previously done work unknowingly reflecting on a competitor. Stuff like that is best dealt with behind the scenes.
t2d2 to Tanin's credit they mentioned no names. They were just trying to explain the situation. Quite frankly they should send Lextech a Christmas card. Think about how much business Lextech has created for them.
Old 10-03-14, 08:15 PM
Tam4511
Driver

I recently dealt with Lextech's "renowned" customer service, over 3 months for a cluster rebuild. got it back and the motors work on and off. So i feel your pain. terrible ****ing company with a terrible ****ing owner. He threatened to "put me in jail" because I said I would file a Paypal dispute if i didn't have a tracking number by a certain date (I waited over a month for it)

After over 100 emails, not a single apology or really any sort of coherent explanation was given. I don't know if they are on something or just plain stupid but either way, should not be running a business .

I just wish i had researched them a little more in detail before i chose to send my unit to them.
Old 10-03-14, 08:35 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bankswood
King you are right. Probably should have cooled down before posting
Posting about your experience is not a problem at all. We all appreciate you sharing your experience with them. An unfair exchange for us to know who to avoid through your (and other people who've posted about this before) horrible experience with them. I just truly hope that the forums can do something about this so people wouldn't go through the same nightmare a lot of you guys went through.

Last edited by OG Dada; 10-04-14 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-03-14, 11:15 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

this is why i do everything myself, learn along the way and if you mess up, it's all on you. just did this last night. anyone needs their needles reworked, i can do floating needles like this for idk, watever price you want, pay for shipping lol and i'll do it for free.

i think it's a good thing you posted here, the forum needs to know and without your feedback, more people would be upset so good job.

here's my cluster, still gotta figure out how to do the climate control, haven't really looked at it that much
Old 10-04-14, 05:55 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
this is why i do everything myself, learn along the way and if you mess up, it's all on you. just did this last night. anyone needs their needles reworked, i can do floating needles like this for idk, watever price you want, pay for shipping lol and i'll do it for free.
Impressive work, but wouldn't all those wires adversely affect the weighting and calibration of the needles?

http://s969.photobucket.com/user/bea..._0253.jpg.html
Old 10-04-14, 10:22 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

yes they do, and that's why i need to counterweight and recalibrate them.
Old 10-04-14, 11:17 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tam4511
I recently dealt with Lextech's "renowned" customer service, over 3 months for a cluster rebuild. got it back and the motors work on and off. So i feel your pain. terrible ****ing company with a terrible ****ing owner. He threatened to "put me in jail" because I said I would file a Paypal dispute .............................

What? Are you serious? I have to ask because this is by far the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of, to the point its funny.

Before any of my posts get out of hand, and to stay on topic, I have never personally had any dealings with Lextech. But threads like this are informative for the community to avoid further member complications with a parts/labor source. And I can say with all the threads posted, Im glad I never went this route..
Old 10-04-14, 01:26 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

counterweighted parts of a nail
Old 10-05-14, 06:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I havent been on here in awhile. I still hate to log in from time to time, and still find out about all the nightmares and the trouble with their customer service. I, on the hand, have had nothing but good things to say about Lextech and Brian (keeper of the light) on here. If you remember correctly, some time ago, I won a set of full needles for my cluster. Maybe 6-9 months and one of them when out. Brian explained to me that if I keep the brightness on full setting, it causes a little bit of a power surge while the car is cranking. If I remember correctly. I sent them back. Had it back in the original box I sent, in a matter of a week or so. Maybe I got lucky, maybe I was closer to the business office, maybe cause I am a moderator, who knows??? I have always recommened their services to everyone I knew. I feel bad now, since it seems everyone has had issues in the past two years or so.
In the all the years of being on here, I had to file one complaint to someone who I sold my 1JZ stock twin turbos too, and he claimed they were damaged. He sent me pictures of the box. I asked him to send me back the twins and I would refund the money. He never would, only excuses. Finally, I found his email address, and that hit it on the hammer. I finally got my money back. All along, I thought he was not representing himself accordingly. I cut my loss and moved on. Lesson learned. I also never bought or sold parts to anyone who I knew ahead of time he communicated with. I wanted no part of his business or friendship.
Old 10-05-14, 04:58 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by t2d2
No it's not...IMO a public call out prevents other people from getting the same treatment. keeping it behind the scenes lets the shoddy work continue(nothing personal towards lex tech, I've not done business with them)

Quick Reply: Will the Lextech nightmare ever end!