SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Should I trade or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-14, 08:40 AM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Should I trade or not?

Hey guys it's been a while since I've really been active here. I got caught up with a few other projects and the sc just got sidetracked. So now I'm back with a question for all of you. One of the projects I've been working on is a 2002 wrx (big turbo, sti 6 speed, e85, brakes, and suspension). I'm not quite done with it, and wasn't planning to part with it, but I happened to see that Axmily's sc400 is up for sale again. After a few texts back and forth I got the seller to agree to a title swap for my subaru. What I want to know from you guys is: should I keep my subaru, finish it up and enjoy it or should I go ahead with the trade. One note: I have a 1uz supercharger kit laying in my garage that I would be putting on this sc400 if I did trade. What do you guys think?
Old 09-26-14, 11:15 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

That's a tough one considering they are totally different platforms and will have totally different outcomes. Tell us more about your suby, maybe some pictures?
Old 09-26-14, 11:37 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in for pictures
Old 09-26-14, 11:39 AM
Nojoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on what you want from the driving experience really.

Me, I would take the SC all day long. You can always make power, but class is a limited commodity.
Old 09-26-14, 12:20 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Both cars are similarly modified in most senses except the 400 has no forced induction or tuning.
I figure with an m112 on top (which I have sitting in my garage waiting for a 1uz to go on) it will put down about the same whp as the subaru.

Like what everyone said, two different animals; I get that. From a standpoint of which car is cleaner I would give that to the sc. It has really been run through. which car has more value? I think that goes to the Subaru: it's a more well known car and people buy them all the time. I just want to get some opinions on what other people think. Does this trade seem fair? Am I giving way too much on my end? Am I not offering enough?

anyways, heres a few pictures of both cars
Attached Thumbnails Should I trade or not?-image.jpg   Should I trade or not?-image-1-.jpg   Should I trade or not?-sc400-w58.jpg   Should I trade or not?-sc400-interior.jpg  
Old 09-26-14, 01:06 PM
Nojoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trading for value doesn't make sense as you have already brought to light.

If you want the SC, you have a reason right in front of your face. If you are on the fence, keep what you have, sleep on it a while, and if you still want the SC in a day or two, you know what to do.
Old 09-26-14, 01:33 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it pink or is that just the camera throwing off the color?

Ive always had a thing for the bugeye wrx, and you have a might clean one there.
Old 09-26-14, 03:03 PM
BeaksSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz

Ive always had a thing for the bugeye wrx, and you have a might clean one there.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ged-sc400.html

I think this is the sc. Right?
Old 09-26-14, 03:51 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Yes, that is the same car.
And yes I did find a very clean wrx to start with... I didn't want to spend most of my time just fixing the previous owner's mistakes.
I honestly really want both cars, but that simply isn't a possibility.
Since I'm on the fence I figured I's ask to see what others would do in the given situation.
Old 09-26-14, 04:04 PM
Mesican
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would you feel better driving? What do you get more excitement out of? The sc is cleannnnn! (I also like the fact that I show up to a meet and i'm the only sc around. Where as to there is 2 or more subbies.) I honestly almost traded for a wrx. Only because I love shooting guns, going camping, and venturing around in places sc300's that sit 3" off the ground do not like. Then I bought a truck and kept the sc.
Old 09-26-14, 06:45 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 480 Likes on 290 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nojoi
Depends on what you want from the driving experience really.

Me, I would take the SC all day long. You can always make power, but class is a limited commodity.
Right-On! Well put
Old 09-26-14, 09:18 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

I've seen that SC before. He's a local guy and it's insanely clean. I would keep the Subie though.
Old 09-26-14, 09:22 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by turbodremz

It's probably the camera. The paint is called DuPont Red according to his Craigslist ad.
Old 09-27-14, 09:20 AM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i would personally keep you SC and build it up man. Feels so much better to finish a long term project than it does to trade a project for a new one.
Old 09-27-14, 01:42 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

The suby will hold the value more so if you are worried about that then get it. But, if you're like any of us and own the car because you are a driver and like to enjoy the road then the SC. The SC has far more power potential and they are fairly common but I'd say very rare when modded. Tough choice man.

Quick Reply: Should I trade or not?