SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1997 Lexus SC300 5spd Stainless Exhaust lowered 160k miles - $4195 (Morristown)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-14, 04:54 AM
soarrabun
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
You are into the rare ones huh?
97' 5 speed
2000 Sc
Iforce
NICE!
ha ha yeah I have a little thing for cars, i dont consider the v-8 iforce rare at all though, in a few years maybe as they didn't produce v-8 runners for many years.
I love the 5-speed 4x4 sr5 i have. since i bought my 97 sc300 5 spd, I havent been on 4runner.org much anymore !!
Old 09-26-14, 05:40 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by soarrabun
ha ha yeah I have a little thing for cars, i dont consider the v-8 iforce rare at all though, in a few years maybe as they didn't produce v-8 runners for many years.
I love the 5-speed 4x4 sr5 i have. since i bought my 97 sc300 5 spd, I havent been on 4runner.org much anymore !!
I just started noticing the iforce because I just came to know what it is. I am warming up to shopping for a Toyota SUV and read about them but have only seen a few. I was looking for a Landcruiser, 470 or Sequoia but found out there was a 4Runner V8 as well. We will need to be able to tow a boat and it seems we can get a lower mileage, newer vehicle vehicle if we find a 4Runner we like. I'm actually happy they are not too rare because it is more likely we will be able to afford a good one.

Thanks!
Old 09-26-14, 03:18 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

an LX470 or landcruiser 100 series can out tow the rest of the things mentioned except for maybe the tundra. the sequoia will prob not like towing as much as the landcruiser although it might be rated for it. the 4.7L v8 Iforce is one of my favorite engines and you can get those on all of the above, but if possible get the year range without vvti. they are more bulletproof as in they are non-inteference (not trying to start a debate but they are even though they are listed as inteference in some manuals). the vvti's are definitely interference and you would never want to skip the timing belt and always do the waterpump with the belt.

the v8 4runner is the only one of those that has a center limited slip differential (think vlsd on out cars except for 4x4), meaning no matter what you have power going to all 4 wheels and it is continuously varying the power split from front to back as needed, it never goes down to 2 wheels even when slipping. My dad has one and when you lay into it you seriously feel all 4 wheels working away and with the v8 its like no other truck I have driven. Its seriously fantastic.

The cruisers and sequioas and the v6 4runners that are full time 4x4 are all open center differentials, meaning when you loose traction its moving the power around so you go down to 1 or 2 wheels depending on the scenario cause of the open differential when slipping. obviously this is not as good as the 4runner system.
later model sequias and landcuisers like 04 or 05+ started to get the center limited slip stuff I think but it varies from model to model.

So 4runner v8 = most fun 4wd v8 of that year range and first ever toyots with a limited slip center diff making it a 4wd beast to say the least.
The lx470 is your best bet for towing things though most likely they tend to have a higher tow rating than the 4runners based off of size, even though its the same engine. Transmission is the open kind but seriously one of the most reliable ones as they have their own transfer case for the landcruisers it looks like it comes off a tank.

When I get around to picking up a tundra, I am going to be dropping one of those 4runner v8 transfer cases in there so I have a full time 4wd Tundra with center limited slip =)
Apparently toyota doesn't think people want those but I def want one. I am not a huge fan of having to stay in 2wd and taking the time to switch to 4wd after you have already slid off the road.

Sort of got off track there OP how's the new SC going we haven't seen any pics lol.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 09-26-14 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-26-14, 04:54 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Ali! You are a wealth of vehicle information man! That was incredibly helpful. You made me really want the IForce 4Runner. It's at the top of the list now. I prefer the size in the city as well. I will surely be hitting you up for info as I close in on a vehicle. Thank you so much for that. I'll post some stuff in car chat I guess and PM you about it. If you have time, please chime in. I have a thread about it in there now.

Thanks Again
SG
Old 09-28-14, 03:53 AM
sucessr1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Soon pics and build thread.. Thanks and I was lucky to get this rare 1
Old 09-28-14, 12:01 PM
sucessr1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thanks

Ty STUDIOGEEK for putting up this FYI in the 1st place or else I wouldn't have found her
Old 09-28-14, 01:44 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sucessr1
Ty STUDIOGEEK for putting up this FYI in the 1st place or else I wouldn't have found her
You are welcome Buddy! Glad it worked out for you! :thumb up:

Now hurry up and post some pics. Let's see the "before" pictures before you start repairing and modding.
Old 09-28-14, 10:48 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

While I am glad that this worked out for a user to get a car it's important that we point out since these threads are starting to show up more and more that when we say no offsite links we are asking very clearly not to direct traffic off of this site to another site where cars are being sold. That is because we don't know who is selling them and who isn't and it's unfair to users that follow the rules that don't post their cars anywhere but in the classifieds to try and post it here to redirect traffic so the rule was made to make an even playing field for everybody.

Since there's been a slight influx in these types of threads we're going to reiterate this please do not post any go here and look at this car type threads as we have no way to verify who is selling them and who is not. The main point was well-made in the original sticky thread that we do not allow redirects to other sites were things are being sold.

Again I would like to say that I'm glad that another member was able to find this and buy it and join our community but this will be the last one allowed. Any currently existing threads will also be closed that we have graciously allowed to be posted but unfortunately they're becoming too frequent. I will also add to the existing sticky to clarify this no attempt to direct traffic to anywhere vehicles are being sold off of club Lexus.

Thanks for helping keep our site the best community on the net.