SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New Sc Halos

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-14, 06:18 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Sc Halos

Anyone seen or have bought the new halos on ebay yet. Would like to see how it looks on our cars.
Old 07-29-14, 06:40 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Pure Rice....it makes the car look cheap IMO...

The only thing those lights are good for is the clear lenses..and maybe reuse some of the leds
Old 07-29-14, 06:52 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not good. They suck more ***** than krillin on dragon ball z
Old 07-29-14, 08:09 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Well I think these look better than the other ones. It remind me of the demon eyes on youtube. Would like to see it on a sc. And has anyone ever bought the demon eye headlight.

Last edited by LexiiBabe; 07-29-14 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-29-14, 09:19 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LexiiBabe
Well I think these look better than the other ones. It remind me of the demon eyes on youtube. Would like to see it on a sc. And has anyone ever bought the demon eye headlight.
make your own, more fun
Old 07-29-14, 09:44 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

demon eyes and halo's huh? going to toss some neon lights under it too? maybe a turbo whistler muffler mod? cause it all falls in the same category.
Old 07-29-14, 11:15 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Originally Posted by oldManTan
make your own, more fun
Man I wish I was good enough. I did the refurnishing projector DIY and messed up the headlights.
Wish I was good with my hands like you. I love your thread on Cleaning your Sc400. Makes me want to work on my car some much more.
Old 07-29-14, 11:21 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Originally Posted by turbodremz
demon eyes and halo's huh? going to toss some neon lights under it too? maybe a turbo whistler muffler mod? cause it all falls in the same category.
HAHAh why so much hate on halos. Just one mod doesn't make me a ricer.
I work late and on my way home in the dark them challenger and bmw halos looks pretty neat in the dark. So I was just wondering how it'll look on our SC.

Here's a pic.

Old 07-29-14, 11:36 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

I actually just saw a craigslist ad tonight for a SC with Halo headlights. I'd never heard of them before this thread... I think it was an Eastern Washington listing, Kennewick/Tri-Cities. The picture wasn't great, but it clearly showed that they look a bit funky on the [red] car.
Old 07-30-14, 12:10 AM
Jaytea
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haters gunna hate on halos.

Not SC - but, here's my 350. Quad projector headlights, both sets bi-xenon. DRL wires to Halos. Matte black housings to emphasize glow.

New Sc Halos-oi9q8yo.jpg

Here's a better shot straight on
New Sc Halos-rh6iz50.jpg

If you want halos, GET EM
Old 07-30-14, 04:55 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

halo is straight rice. apart from that, the ebay ones suck, the projectors do not hit the road at all, thus giving you worse light than your OEM ones. just clean them up alittle man.
Old 07-30-14, 05:35 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by LexiiBabe
HAHAh why so much hate on halos. Just one mod doesn't make me a ricer.
I work late and on my way home in the dark them challenger and bmw halos looks pretty neat in the dark. So I was just wondering how it'll look on our SC.

Here's a pic.

Lexibabe,
As you can see they are quite unpopular here. I purchased my car with them and i got ROASTED when I posted pictures of the car .
That said, you live and you learn. I purchased a set of OEM lights and refinished them. The car looks much classier and they look more appropriate. Not only did they look cheap..... They WERE cheap. They are mostly made for right hand drive markets and the projectors tilt the wrong way, attempting to avoid the eyes of oncoming traffic but succeeding only in doing the exact opposite. They also provided horrible light and looked down at the road like they also had low self esteem.
It's your car, do what you want of course but I'd just do it if you wan't them, don't look for encouragement on CL because it likely won't happen
Old 07-30-14, 05:57 PM
LexiiBabe
Driver

Yea I know what you all mean the halos that are all around the net looks horrible but these are different from those ones that why I'm asking. Ill probaby just buy it for the lens or save up to buy some good ones here since mines is messed up.
Old 07-30-14, 06:28 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Halo's belong on and only look good on BMW's. Thats it. Keep a Lexus a Lexus, not trying to imiitate something else..
Old 07-30-14, 10:10 PM
BeaksSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get your oem ones cleaned up real well, it really makes a difference on the whole cars appearance imo. Try the wetsanding method, I did it with 2k paper and polishes it real well and it turned out great. I also think I solved the condensation issue with bath caulk. Idk if anyone has tried that but it just poored yesterday and went through the humidity of Florida and dried and had no condensation. We'll see if it lasts, just thought I'd share that since we were on headlights haha

If you really want to see pics of the halos on sc, use Google... There are plenty there, they really just don't look right on the sc. Some people do lense swaps with the clear lense and oem housing, personal choice if you want to go through that or not. Good luck with whatever you choose

Quick Reply: New Sc Halos