Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Sc Halos

Old 07-29-14, 06:18 PM   #1
LexiiBabe
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default New Sc Halos

Anyone seen or have bought the new halos on ebay yet. Would like to see how it looks on our cars.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
LexiiBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 06:40 PM   #2
CatManD3W
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (9)

CatManD3W

Pure Rice....it makes the car look cheap IMO...

The only thing those lights are good for is the clear lenses..and maybe reuse some of the leds
1992 Lexus SC300 Original 5spd #586 4K9 |1 of 1601|
|2JZGTE|Aristo ECU|440's|TT Fuel Pump|BorgWarner S366 0.91A/R@14psi|Full 3" SS exhaust|LS400 BBK|Tial MV-R|Tial Q|W58|CompetitionClutch Stage 4|ARP Headstuds|3" IC & Piping|GSP Mono-RS Coilovers|18" 350z Touring Wheels|SC400 OEM Lip|6000k HID|

1999 Toyota Tacoma X-Cab

|5VZFE|5spd|4wd|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Bilstein Adjustable 5100's|Wheelers Custom AAL|Bilstein 5125's|Deckplate mod|Magnaflow exhaust|33X10.5X15 BFG A/T|OEM 15X7's
CatManD3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 06:52 PM   #3
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

message me if you want to know

Its not good. They suck more ***** than krillin on dragon ball z
bigwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 08:09 PM   #4
LexiiBabe
Rookie

Well I think these look better than the other ones. It remind me of the demon eyes on youtube. Would like to see it on a sc. And has anyone ever bought the demon eye headlight.

Last edited by LexiiBabe; 07-29-14 at 08:12 PM..
Old 07-29-14, 09:19 PM   #5
oldManTan
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiiBabe View Post
Well I think these look better than the other ones. It remind me of the demon eyes on youtube. Would like to see it on a sc. And has anyone ever bought the demon eye headlight.
make your own, more fun
4300k HIDs, IS300 Steering wheel,
Cobra R Reps 17x9 DZ102 225,45,
hopefully a 5 speed swap in the near future Build Here
Custom Headlights Build
oldManTan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 09:44 PM   #6
turbodremz
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (18)

Chris Carrasco A-wHyTe-RaBbYt
Send a message via Yahoo to turbodremz

demon eyes and halo's huh? going to toss some neon lights under it too? maybe a turbo whistler muffler mod? cause it all falls in the same category.

LS1 5.7, T-56 6-speed trans, BruteSpeed/EPP Blower Cam, Fast 102 LSXR intake manifold, 28lb/hr injectors flowing 31.5lbs, DGR Fabrication motor mounts, PSI Conversion LSx harness, F-body driveshaft, Tuned By Frost PCM with TSP cam tune, Mishimoto Supra Radiator/Shroud/Fans, QuickCar fused switch panel, Full custom Speedhut dash cluster/gauge setup, Hooker headers to 3.5" dual exhaust with X-pipe, Dynomax 3.5"x6" bullets, gutted and caged.BUILD THREAD and VIDEOS
turbodremz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 11:15 PM   #7
LexiiBabe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldManTan View Post
make your own, more fun
Man I wish I was good enough. I did the refurnishing projector DIY and messed up the headlights.
Wish I was good with my hands like you. I love your thread on Cleaning your Sc400. Makes me want to work on my car some much more.
Old 07-29-14, 11:21 PM   #8
LexiiBabe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodremz View Post
demon eyes and halo's huh? going to toss some neon lights under it too? maybe a turbo whistler muffler mod? cause it all falls in the same category.
HAHAh why so much hate on halos. Just one mod doesn't make me a ricer.
I work late and on my way home in the dark them challenger and bmw halos looks pretty neat in the dark. So I was just wondering how it'll look on our SC.

Here's a pic.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-29-14, 11:36 PM   #9
t2d2
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)

I actually just saw a craigslist ad tonight for a SC with Halo headlights. I'd never heard of them before this thread... I think it was an Eastern Washington listing, Kennewick/Tri-Cities. The picture wasn't great, but it clearly showed that they look a bit funky on the [red] car.
Old 07-30-14, 12:10 AM   #10
Jaytea
Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Justrieu

Haters gunna hate on halos.

Not SC - but, here's my 350. Quad projector headlights, both sets bi-xenon. DRL wires to Halos. Matte black housings to emphasize glow.

Here's a better shot straight on

If you want halos, GET EM
Jaytea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 04:55 PM   #11
empringham
Driver

halo is straight rice. apart from that, the ebay ones suck, the projectors do not hit the road at all, thus giving you worse light than your OEM ones. just clean them up alittle man.
empringham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 05:35 PM   #12
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiiBabe View Post
HAHAh why so much hate on halos. Just one mod doesn't make me a ricer.
I work late and on my way home in the dark them challenger and bmw halos looks pretty neat in the dark. So I was just wondering how it'll look on our SC.

Here's a pic.

Lexibabe,
As you can see they are quite unpopular here. I purchased my car with them and i got ROASTED when I posted pictures of the car .
That said, you live and you learn. I purchased a set of OEM lights and refinished them. The car looks much classier and they look more appropriate. Not only did they look cheap..... They WERE cheap. They are mostly made for right hand drive markets and the projectors tilt the wrong way, attempting to avoid the eyes of oncoming traffic but succeeding only in doing the exact opposite. They also provided horrible light and looked down at the road like they also had low self esteem.
It's your car, do what you want of course but I'd just do it if you wan't them, don't look for encouragement on CL because it likely won't happen

Studiogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 05:57 PM   #13
LexiiBabe
Rookie

Yea I know what you all mean the halos that are all around the net looks horrible but these are different from those ones that why I'm asking. Ill probaby just buy it for the lens or save up to buy some good ones here since mines is messed up.
Old 07-30-14, 06:28 PM   #14
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Halo's belong on and only look good on BMW's. Thats it. Keep a Lexus a Lexus, not trying to imiitate something else..

LSD / PPE / Tanabe / Carbing / BFI / Megan / TMS / Dazien / Volk
scENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 10:10 PM   #15
BeaksSC
Driver

If you get your oem ones cleaned up real well, it really makes a difference on the whole cars appearance imo. Try the wetsanding method, I did it with 2k paper and polishes it real well and it turned out great. I also think I solved the condensation issue with bath caulk. Idk if anyone has tried that but it just poored yesterday and went through the humidity of Florida and dried and had no condensation. We'll see if it lasts, just thought I'd share that since we were on headlights haha

If you really want to see pics of the halos on sc, use Google... There are plenty there, they really just don't look right on the sc. Some people do lense swaps with the clear lense and oem housing, personal choice if you want to go through that or not. Good luck with whatever you choose
BeaksSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 10:10 PM