SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

97-SC300 Photoshoot (2014)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-14, 01:04 AM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That things sweet

I like the tiny badge w/ the specs, beneath the SC300 one.
Old 07-08-14, 07:46 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

still the best looking stock body sc. dem brakes tho

how do you like the sucker punch shifter & ****?
Old 07-08-14, 10:12 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one fine looking silver lady. Normally I'm meh on those style wheels (just a preference), but I like.
Old 07-10-14, 05:39 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Thanks alot guys!

Originally Posted by chnk
my god what are the wheel and tire specs on the rear wheels? so damn meaty
Thanks,
18x10 front 285/30/18 (3mm spacers added for more flush look)
17x11.5 rear 315/35/17

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300
Car looks fantastic. Clean and simple... Btw I am on a single exhaust too and was wondering where did you acquire the secondary exhaust cover?
Thanks!
Originally Posted by blacksc
was that muffler delete custom?
Roman, my brother made the cover. Had my dad paint it at their shop. I'll post a couple of pics of how it was made when I dig them up. Basically it was a Styrofoam buck (about 1/4" smaller all around than the actual part), wrapped in fleece and fiberglassed over, removed the foam from the inside and added a layer of tiger hair bondo and some Evercoat glaze as the top layer.

Originally Posted by 1of120
Beautiful car. I'd have to say my favorite part of that car is the front lip. Any details on how to make it fit?
Originally Posted by TheSexus
What do you mean by lots of modification? It looks like a perfect fit, did you have to heat and bend it a lot?
Let's just say, it doesn't even come close to fitting out of the box. I got a mint condition lip but had to modify it alot to make it work. Took a little time because it was an on/off project, had the project lip laying around for a good while until I got the motivation to finish it up. I'll post some pics of the process when I get a moment.

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
still the best looking stock body sc. dem brakes tho

how do you like the sucker punch shifter & ****?
The shifter is awesome. Very short throws. The **** makes shifting noticeably easier than the OEM **** because it's so heavy.

Originally Posted by GSXMike
Clean looking car.

That shift **** is scary, you would not be grabbing that right now if you lived in phoenix AZ.
I am actually surprised that this **** doesn't get that hot in the summer after the car sits outside in the sun. I had a fully polished greddy **** on my R154 shifter and that thing got extremely hot. I think because this has a brushed finish and not a mirror finish, it helps to keep it cooler in the hot temps.
Old 07-19-14, 10:19 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So freakin awesome brother! One of my favorite SCs to date!

steve
Old 07-19-14, 01:02 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the best, looking great man!
Old 12-22-14, 05:15 PM
Jermmzz914
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautiful setup!....did you have to roll and pull the fenders all around to get those wheel specs to fit??
Old 12-22-14, 08:19 PM
Piraiba
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jermmzz914
beautiful setup!....did you have to roll and pull the fenders all around to get those wheel specs to fit??
The fenders are rolled with a slight pull, but we did that to fit a different, more aggressive, set of wheels that were on the car before these. To fit these, you probably just need a good roll.

I'm 97's brother.
Old 12-23-14, 01:22 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

how have i never seen this car in Chicago, it's so beautiful, probably tucked away for the winter right now am i right? that front lip though, what is it? it looks like a stock 92 but it rises up in the corners, looks great. do you plan on painting it to match the car or keep it black?
Old 12-23-14, 10:44 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
how have i never seen this car in Chicago, it's so beautiful, probably tucked away for the winter right now am i right? that front lip though, what is it? it looks like a stock 92 but it rises up in the corners, looks great. do you plan on painting it to match the car or keep it black?
It is a factory MKIV lip modded to fit SC...Dmitry listed it on the first page lol
Old 12-23-14, 09:48 PM
Jermmzz914
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Piraiba
The fenders are rolled with a slight pull, but we did that to fit a different, more aggressive, set of wheels that were on the car before these. To fit these, you probably just need a good roll.

I'm 97's brother.
yea i have 18x11 classics on my SC with a 295/30/18 tire and it clears stock fenders by a credit card's thickness. But meatier tires will be needed soon to hook....... how did they professionally pull the fenders without damaging the fenders??
Old 12-25-14, 04:58 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Definitely one of cl's top coupes. a class build bro
Old 01-01-15, 09:19 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Thanks guys. A while back, my classics developed cracks in the rear barrels (3 of the wheels). They got pretty bad and would not hold air. I ordered all new rear barrels and will be getting all the wheels refinished soon.

I am thinking of high-speed machine polishing the lips to a mirror finish and having them clear powdercoated for easy maintenance. Getting the rear barrels powdercoated in silver with clear.

Now, what color would you suggest to do the centers in? I really liked the matte black, but admittedly, it never looks 100% clean and matte finished have a tendency to stain and discolor over time from heavy brake dust unless you clean the wheels after every drive which is not an option.

I am thinking something between a silver and a dark grey finish on the centers (with clear on top for a glossy look).

What do you think?
Old 01-01-15, 09:57 AM
acacg
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

by far the cleanest SC here. Great Job!
Old 01-01-15, 10:14 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Thanks guys. A while back, my classics developed cracks in the rear barrels (3 of the wheels). They got pretty bad and would not hold air. I ordered all new rear barrels and will be getting all the wheels refinished soon.

I am thinking of high-speed machine polishing the lips to a mirror finish and having them clear powdercoated for easy maintenance. Getting the rear barrels powdercoated in silver with clear.

Now, what color would you suggest to do the centers in? I really liked the matte black, but admittedly, it never looks 100% clean and matte finished have a tendency to stain and discolor over time from heavy brake dust unless you clean the wheels after every drive which is not an option.

I am thinking something between a silver and a dark grey finish on the centers (with clear on top for a glossy look).

What do you think?
Man I think a full polish or chromed setup would pop with your color!

Quick Reply: 97-SC300 Photoshoot (2014)