SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

back in game

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-14, 04:39 PM
njwong
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotcha yea the last owner put a cheap touch screen in there. I'll prob rip everything out and start fresh. Its a mess in there lol.

I'm getting my trans solenoids monday so hopefully that will fix the slipping problem its having so I can working steering and interior.

Originally Posted by t2d2
That's the stereo wiring. The metal "box" is the mount for the speaker amp. Do you have an aftermarket head unit? It looks like the original wiring has been cut and spliced, so the OEM amp is probably being bypassed. I took mine out, as that space makes for a nice little dip to store stuff in that you don't want rolling around.
Old 07-05-14, 07:19 PM
Redtallman
Rookie

or cd changer
Old 07-05-14, 11:17 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

The CD changer goes above that space. It's part of the same stereo wiring harness, though.
Old 07-06-14, 07:49 AM
njwong
Rookie

Thanks everybody!
Old 07-13-14, 11:17 AM
njwong
Rookie

Got a chance to mess with the new project today. Got it up on jack stands looks like i got a leak from the ps pump so gotta replace that. Before doing the solenoids on the the trans I decided to do a drain and fill to see if that will help. Man that stuff black as asphalt. Drove it around for a bit still jumps into gear when going from park to drive. Next i'll do the trans filter and solenoids.

Old 07-15-14, 01:52 PM
njwong
Rookie

ended up getting a used trans today! Also picked up a Lextreme Torque Converter from a fellow local member! Excited to get this in!
Old 07-15-14, 02:12 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by njwong
ended up getting a used trans today! Also picked up a Lextreme Torque Converter from a fellow local member! Excited to get this in!
You're welcome. I seriously wrestled with whether to jump on that T.C. deal. Glad to see it went to someone that'll enjoy it! My tranny is sound, but even that was tempting with such low mileage.
Old 07-15-14, 02:17 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

nice to see the car is in good hands!
Old 07-15-14, 04:01 PM
njwong
Rookie

thanks man. I was only going to get the trans but might as well swap out the old T.C. while the old trans gets pulled. Now I can work on the interior restoration now the car is running good!
You're welcome. I seriously wrestled with whether to jump on that T.C. deal. Glad to see it went to someone that'll enjoy it! My tranny is sound, but even that was tempting with such low mileage.
Old 07-15-14, 06:19 PM
jimbow
Rookie

I like it! I've been wanting one these cars for a long time. Even when I had my supra I still wanted an sc300. I bought one from a friends dad, the deal was too good to pass up.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Old 07-15-14, 06:56 PM
njwong
Rookie

Yea man been wanted an sc for a long time. After have my 5.7 Tundra a v8 is must. Been reading through Lextreme's built and getting excited on what I can with with this 1uzfe. Would love to do 1uzfe/2uzfe Frankenstein with a 150 shot. It would be a nice weekend car for me.

Originally Posted by jimbow
I like it! I've been wanting one these cars for a long time. Even when I had my supra I still wanted an sc300. I bought one from a friends dad, the deal was too good to pass up.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Old 07-22-14, 03:03 PM
njwong
Rookie

Finally got everything in! working trying perfect now! Steering wheel shakes a little bit over bumps so I gotta get back under change some bushings. New rack was a PITA to put in though!
Old 07-22-14, 06:04 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Finally got everything in! working trying perfect now! Steering wheel shakes a little bit over bumps so I gotta get back under change some bushings. New rack was a PITA to put in though!
After I did my rack & pinion, the front wheels were skipping and chattering like crazy on rough stuff. I think the old R&P was so worn, it was covering for the bad suspension... Replaced the struts, as well, and everything feels great now. The only other thing I changed suspension-wise was the outer tie rod ends at the same time as the struts.
Old 07-23-14, 01:13 PM
njwong
Rookie

Awesome, you did KYB's right?

After I did my rack & pinion, the front wheels were skipping and chattering like crazy on rough stuff. I think the old R&P was so worn, it was covering for the bad suspension... Replaced the struts, as well, and everything feels great now. The only other thing I changed suspension-wise was the outer tie rod ends at the same time as the struts.
Old 07-23-14, 02:35 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Awesome, you did KYB's right?
Correct. Stock springs seemed okay, so I stuck with them.

Quick Reply: back in game