SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Some interior updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-14, 03:01 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

So not putting the sub in the stock position? Probably for the better, mine pioneer is mounted up there and it rattles things like crazy. I need a metric ton of dynamat to fix it I think. What are you doing with the sub cover and hole that will be there after? Just leave it I guess?
Old 09-17-14, 03:09 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelb20
How do you like the new climate control? I've been thinking about getting one myself, but was worried about the quality of the aftermarket unit. Also did you install it yourself, and if so was it easy?
I am very happy with the unit...no issues what so ever, very easy to install.

Originally Posted by Kris9884
So not putting the sub in the stock position? Probably for the better, mine pioneer is mounted up there and it rattles things like crazy. I need a metric ton of dynamat to fix it I think. What are you doing with the sub cover and hole that will be there after? Just leave it I guess?
I need the sub cover to remain there to cover the hole...the hole will be left open to let more air/bass from the trunk in.
Old 09-17-14, 06:18 PM
Phoenyx084
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really dig your updated climate controls.
Old 10-02-14, 04:52 AM
Chawk60
Pole Position

Very clean and aesthetically pleasing. Excellent!
Old 10-02-14, 08:19 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

FSU

Your system looks similar to what I just did in my sons car except I used a 900/5. If I where you I wouldn't do any rear speakers at all. My son *****ed and *****ed about it till I was done and he just has the fronts and the sub. Car sounds really good and he's glad now I did it that way. Car stages very good now. The new Alpine's have a pretty good processor built in them now and that's what I used to tune his car. I used two channels of the 900/5 for the front tweeters, two channels for the 4" in the doors and the fifth for the sub. Doing it that way I was able to get the car tuned well. It's not like mine, but he was on a budget.

Shane
Old 10-02-14, 05:53 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SSmith
FSU

Your system looks similar to what I just did in my sons car except I used a 900/5. If I where you I wouldn't do any rear speakers at all. My son *****ed and *****ed about it till I was done and he just has the fronts and the sub. Car sounds really good and he's glad now I did it that way. Car stages very good now. The new Alpine's have a pretty good processor built in them now and that's what I used to tune his car. I used two channels of the 900/5 for the front tweeters, two channels for the 4" in the doors and the fifth for the sub. Doing it that way I was able to get the car tuned well. It's not like mine, but he was on a budget.

Shane

Thanks for the info SS..but the rear speakers are already in...I did Dynamat that entire area so hopefully won't rattle when done...we just got back from a family vacation so decided not to put any money into it for a couple of months but the build will resume in December! lol

Have to place my new wheels (SSR Professor SP3) order in and get the car sent to paint for new color and have the body kit installed also then.
Old 10-02-14, 05:57 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

I just put 6.5" speakers in my rear deck, along with an upgraded sub, and it doesn't seem to suffer from any vibration, other than the deck/grill cover not being clipped in along the back edge and having some metal on metal noise noticeable at low volumes. I'll have to go back and try to get those metal clips inserted properly... Other than that, I definitely wouldn't worry about upgraded speakers overwhelming that area.
Old 10-02-14, 06:05 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by t2d2
I just put 6.5" speakers in my rear deck, along with an upgraded sub, and it doesn't seem to suffer from any vibration, other than the deck/grill cover not being clipped in along the back edge and having some metal on metal noise noticeable at low volumes. I'll have to go back and try to get those metal clips inserted properly... Other than that, I definitely wouldn't worry about upgraded speakers overwhelming that area.
Cool! Good to hear!
Old 10-03-14, 10:08 AM
Twirl
Pole Position

I love how you're a Miami fan, and everyone now refers to you as fsu (go noles!!!) ...lmao... how was the vacation?
Old 10-05-14, 07:04 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Love the interior thread man.
Old 10-06-14, 02:44 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Twirl
I love how you're a Miami fan, and everyone now refers to you as fsu (go noles!!!) ...lmao... how was the vacation?
Hawaii was great! Did not want to come back and go back to work! LOL

Let me know when you want to come by.

Juan
Old 10-16-14, 05:59 PM
Twirl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FSUsucks1
Hawaii was great! Did not want to come back and go back to work! LOL

Let me know when you want to come by.

Juan
Hey man, glad to hear you had fun. Yea car should be ready next week. Ill send you a pm to set something up.
Old 10-19-14, 09:19 AM
czar07
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice interior. I would suggest getting a black carpet..would really set it of
Old 10-19-14, 08:47 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by czar07
Nice interior. I would suggest getting a black carpet..would really set it of
I was going to initially go that route but I ended up loving the tan carpet during my redo and decided against the black carpet.
Old 05-30-15, 06:01 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

So I did some minor changes to the drivers side of the lower dash....I changed out the vent underneath the steering column from the original tan to a black vent, also changed the Trunk/Fuel Release Cover, and Trunk Release to BLACK ones. It adds fhose finishing touches to dash.

Also replaced rhe MOMO steering wheel with a Nardi one recently.

Last edited by FSUsucks1; 05-30-15 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Some interior updates