SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Got the chance to buy this Gem stright from Japan- Few questions regarding Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-14, 03:02 PM
ArkLaTexSC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I didn't notice that he was from Canada. Lucky Canadians get everything ten years earlier. I'm an acquaintance with an RI so I'm pretty familiarized with the rules in the US.
Old 06-01-14, 06:12 PM
jennie
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get it, please don't cut it up like you did your previous SC.
Old 06-02-14, 06:52 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
hahah yea, well a 5 speed turbocharged soarer can do that to a man
Its even a hardtop which is rarer for us in the states!

Get it!
Old 06-07-14, 06:10 AM
Keiffith
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

certainly go ahead and get it. and dont feel bad for california folk, as they dug their own grave by electing those that have put the laws making it hard to import cars.

if the car can pass customs, my county doesnt do a true emissions test, so i could easily get one. the biggest thing with me is i hate RHD. ****s awkward.
Old 06-07-14, 01:04 PM
czar07
Lead Lap

dont need a single turbo for 350rwhp. Twins will make that with supporting mods
Old 06-07-14, 05:34 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Keiffith
certainly go ahead and get it. and dont feel bad for california folk, as they dug their own grave by electing those that have put the laws making it hard to import cars.

if the car can pass customs, my county doesnt do a true emissions test, so i could easily get one. the biggest thing with me is i hate RHD. ****s awkward.
Not entirely accurate. The people who head the California Air Resources Board are appointed and not at all elected officials. I have yet to see any mention of candidates for ARB positions on any general election ballot.

Car enthusiasts have tried to make their voices heard during these ARB meetings, namely regarding the repeal of the 30-year rolling exemption for seriously old classics, and the ARB officials in one particular meeting basically waited until all arguments had been made and ultimately pushed the view that these folks don't matter as much as a measly reduction in emissions statewide by keeping ancient special cars in the testing cycle.

It's not a fun racket that has been played on people here. It's just that most Californians are not gear heads who modify their cars much if at all, so we are in the minority.
Old 06-07-14, 08:16 PM
Keiffith
Rookie

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Not entirely accurate. The people who head the California Air Resources Board are appointed and not at all elected officials. I have yet to see any mention of candidates for ARB positions on any general election ballot.

Car enthusiasts have tried to make their voices heard during these ARB meetings, namely regarding the repeal of the 30-year rolling exemption for seriously old classics, and the ARB officials in one particular meeting basically waited until all arguments had been made and ultimately pushed the view that these folks don't matter as much as a measly reduction in emissions statewide by keeping ancient special cars in the testing cycle.

It's not a fun racket that has been played on people here. It's just that most Californians are not gear heads who modify their cars much if at all, so we are in the minority.
the exsistence of the CARB is due to elected officials.

with nearly illegal concealed carry laws, an "assault weapons ban", and the strict emissions laws are what to me, mark the state with a large red X. all of these laws where put into place by california elected officials.
Old 06-07-14, 10:59 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the exsistence of the CARB is due to elected officials.

with nearly illegal concealed carry laws, an "assault weapons ban", and the strict emissions laws are what to me, mark the state with a large red X. all of these laws where put into place by california elected officials.
No one wants to hear your anti cali political rant.

Old 06-08-14, 11:57 AM
Keiffith
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joey-E
No one wants to hear your anti cali political rant.

i certainly dont mean to get all political, but unfortunately thats the way it is.

Old 06-08-14, 01:32 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

i certainly dont mean to get all political, but unfortunately thats the way it is.

I don't like the way it is any more than you do-- and you don't even live here to have deal with it. I moved here for my job five years ago knowing full well about the ARB's stance with car enthusiasts and classics and believe me, that career has been well worth the move despite my complaints. That doesn't make the reasons for those complaints any less a pain in the rear.

The ARB and its members may have been the *result* of elected officials but to my knowledge the California voting public has no *direct* say with their votes as to what people are appointed such that it might be possible to have impartial parties in those critical positions of power rather than the extremely biased and non-technical parties that are currently residing. The faked studies of diesel particulate emissions a year or two ago were very telling-- and even when proven totally incorrect the ARB members STILL passed new regulations through on the basis of those incorrect and invalidated studies. The specific case, name of the discredited "professor" and other details are in the Googlesphere.

Beyond this I'm going to leave discussion about the ARB talk for another thread.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 06-08-14 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-08-14, 02:05 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lmao political rant and all the op wanted to know was some stuff for a single setup
Old 06-08-14, 02:17 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kez
Lmao political rant and all the op wanted to know was some stuff for a single setup
True, and the question remains un-answered despite the rants LOL....