finally

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-14, 09:30 AM
pur4orm
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default huh ?

Originally Posted by 1CleanSC
30-40k on a minimum 500 hp car build... My buddies E85 MKIV Supra makes 650 and I think he has less than 40K invested INCLUDING the car (which was an original TT 6 Speed car). With that being said.... Have fun haha
That 30-40 is covering more than performance. Paint, rims, interior, custom system, exterior, engine and performance. I also factored-in labor. Sometimes, creative cost and we all like different things.
Old 05-23-14, 09:33 AM
pur4orm
Driver

Default thanks

Originally Posted by Albatross
This. Never pay up front. EVER. Trust me, I worked quarter million dollar twin turbo viper builds... don't EVER pay all up front. A deposit is understandable but in reality for most things your car is the deposit. If you pay up front they have your car AND your money so you have no leverage. Very few shops would actually follow through as well as they would if they're trying to earn your dollar.

Be wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
Great advice
Old 05-23-14, 09:50 AM
pur4orm
Driver

Default whoa! There's a disconnect here.

I think a lot of people r misunderstanding me. This is where I figure it will cost me 30-40k. Engine swap-10k, custom paint-4-6k, custom system-7-10k, rims-4-7k, custom interior-3.5k, plus pipes, lights, etc...bells n whistles. Purple Label.
Old 05-23-14, 10:28 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pur4orm
I think a lot of people r misunderstanding me. This is where I figure it will cost me 30-40k. Engine swap-10k, custom paint-4-6k, custom system-7-10k, rims-4-7k, custom interior-3.5k, plus pipes, lights, etc...bells n whistles. Purple Label.
Understood completely. I mean I am finally falling in love with my sc after fixing all the stupid issues with it because of the previous owner, but I personally don't love it enough to spend more than what I've already spent. Don't take offense to this, but a $40k sc is only worth $10-$15k at most. I think what I and everyone else is stating, if you're gonna spend that much and still like the platform, why not buy a Supra, which has held its value pretty steady for a very long time? I bought my sc because I wanted to race a Supra on the track but couldn't afford a wreck should one happen. The SC provides that platform for me for much much cheaper than my Supra TT.
Old 05-23-14, 10:41 AM
pur4orm
Driver

Default I hear you.

Originally Posted by marshall2j
Understood completely. I mean I am finally falling in love with my sc after fixing all the stupid issues with it because of the previous owner, but I personally don't love it enough to spend more than what I've already spent. Don't take offense to this, but a $40k sc is only worth $10-$15k at most. I think what I and everyone else is stating, if you're gonna spend that much and still like the platform, why not buy a Supra, which has held its value pretty steady for a very long time? I bought my sc because I wanted to race a Supra on the track but couldn't afford a wreck should one happen. The SC provides that platform for me for much much cheaper than my Supra TT.
I'm not trying to I crease the value at all, she will NEVER be for sale. But I'm making my own 1 of 1, a stand-alone. I'm just having fun living life t I the fullest. I was never one to settle for what others want or like. I'm creative and the best part is, it puts a smile on my face. In the end we all wanna smile. I figure, Hot babe (my wife), Hot car, businesses are doing well.....why the he'll not, live today n die tomorrow.

Last edited by pur4orm; 05-23-14 at 10:42 AM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 05-23-14, 01:58 PM
dasleepa
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You should give Mikey at M&S a call in Deer Park before going to RPM. Some people I know had some bad experiences with RPM...
Old 05-23-14, 04:31 PM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

I vaguely recall a thread on here about somebody taking their SC to RPM... Try a search and see if you can find it. Not sure if it was a good or bad review, but yeah... Might be worth a look.

That's gonna be a CRAZY stereo system, by the way! haha.
Old 05-23-14, 05:55 PM
pur4orm
Driver

Originally Posted by TRD_Power
I vaguely recall a thread on here about somebody taking their SC to RPM... Try a search and see if you can find it. Not sure if it was a good or bad review, but yeah... Might be worth a look.

That's gonna be a CRAZY stereo system, by the way! haha.
Thanks for the info. I use to do car shows years ago. I'm not good under the hood but putting together a great system is my area, lol. Had a few nice ones.
Old 05-24-14, 12:56 AM
pur4orm
Driver

Originally Posted by dasleepa
You should give Mikey at M&S a call in Deer Park before going to RPM. Some people I know had some bad experiences with RPM...
Do u have a # for mikey or a cross street to his location?