SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The Story of the Purple Bullet w Complete Pic's (the quarter of a million miler)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-14, 09:07 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

That engine bay is sooooooo clean. Crazy at so many miles! WOW!

My water pump broke as soon as it was installed blasting my bay with hot coolant, that was the last day my bay looked like that. It's not bad but it seemed to corrode some surfaces. Still nice, but not like yours. Props man.

PS: Geek, Studio, Tony, Loudmouth..... all are fine Barbary.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 05-11-14 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-11-14, 08:41 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 482 Likes on 291 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Wow! She's really clean, and as Studiogeek suggested (black) interior would be an even nicer touch! I can imagine how much cleaner she looks in person! So freakin clean bro!

steve
Thanks Steve I really appreciate. Yeh In person you can hear it too. The K+N filter, magnaFlows, 3" pipes give it that deep Top EndV8 sweet sound
Like for all of us, It's a labor of luv
Barbary
Old 05-11-14, 08:59 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Thanks for sharing your story! Definitely a pretty SC you have there.

I bet that nice CA weather definitely helps in the longevity of the car and is a huge reason why it still stayed looking brand new without any corrosion or rust on a single nut or bolt. Here in the midwest, if you have a car that you daily drive and use during the LONG winter months, they definitely do not look like your car even after a few years.
97 SC Thanks Bro; No Rust really helps
I just found it necessary to share my story of how great these cars are, not me,it's the classic 2 dr rear wheel drive, front eng, sport car that's better built than any other car out there. Brand new Jags have this body style
Barbary
Old 05-12-14, 04:54 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am digging the new paint color. I wouldn't worry about what others say about the mind blowing gap, it is your car, and you know the streets way better than we do. I would continue to drive it, and enjoy it.....

Thanks for sharing.....and keep the progress coming.....
Old 05-12-14, 07:12 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very clean! I envy you guys that live in the land of no SALT. I agree with 97-SC300, I live in NW Pa. it will take me a bit to get my old girl that sharp. Then she'll never see snow again!
Old 05-12-14, 08:00 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
That engine bay is sooooooo clean. Crazy at so many miles! WOW!

My water pump broke as soon as it was installed blasting my bay with hot coolant, that was the last day my bay looked like that. It's not bad but it seemed to corrode some surfaces. Still nice, but not like yours. Props man.

PS: Geek, Studio, Tony, Loudmouth..... all are fine Barbary.
Hey Geek; sorry I missed ur post

The engine bay = just spray it down like at the car wash ( I've heard you shouldn't do that but I've had no problems) I do it about twice a yr, usually when I give the Bullet a wax. Spray it w something like Armor All ultra shine close the hood, take a nap & ur bay will look just like mine
I can tell u about the wax, not hard
UR Buddy Barbary
Attached Thumbnails The Story of the Purple Bullet w Complete Pic's (the quarter of a million miler)-pict0249.jpg  
Old 05-12-14, 08:17 PM
golf007
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking nice man !
Old 05-12-14, 08:53 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Barbary
Hey Geek; sorry I missed ur post

The engine bay = just spray it down like at the car wash ( I've heard you shouldn't do that but I've had no problems) I do it about twice a yr, usually when I give the Bullet a wax. Spray it w something like Armor All ultra shine close the hood, take a nap & ur bay will look just like mine
I can tell u about the wax, not hard
UR Buddy Barbary
Yeah, your weather just got here, I'm going to tackle the bay this week. I had to leave it like that all winter. NY was cold as heck this winter.

That last pic is nice!
T
Old 05-12-14, 11:31 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Wink

Originally Posted by Ramblerman
Very clean! I envy you guys that live in the land of no SALT. I agree with 97-SC300, I live in NW Pa. it will take me a bit to get my old girl that sharp. Then she'll never see snow again!
thanks Man; Do you know the Allman Bros : Ramblin Man? If you don't check it out
Good Luck on your Quest. Do some pic's when your ready
Barbary
Attached Thumbnails The Story of the Purple Bullet w Complete Pic's (the quarter of a million miler)-yosemite-snow-010.jpg  

Last edited by Barbary; 05-12-14 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Photo
Old 05-12-14, 11:43 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Wink

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I am digging the new paint color. I wouldn't worry about what others say about the mind blowing gap, it is your car, and you know the streets way better than we do. I would continue to drive it, and enjoy it.....

Thanks for sharing.....and keep the progress coming.....
1JZ: thanx 4 the wise words & encouragement
We all need wise words & encouragement
I do that everyday / drive it & enjoy it

Barbary
Attached Thumbnails The Story of the Purple Bullet w Complete Pic's (the quarter of a million miler)-yosemite-snow-008.jpg  

Last edited by Barbary; 05-12-14 at 11:55 PM. Reason: photo
Old 05-13-14, 02:57 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks good......An SC400 lip would look nice on the front bumper
Old 05-19-14, 07:14 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Cool

Originally Posted by Barbary
thanks Man; Do you know the Allman Bros : Ramblin Man? If you don't check it out
Good Luck on your Quest. Do some pic's when your ready
Barbary
Thanks, Grew up Listening to the Allman Bros (Duane was still alive then) driving my 68 AMC Javelin/ as in Rambler. 343ci 300hp AMX equipped 4spd. still got her & her bro Mark Donahue. LOL! I'm going to leave my 96 SC400 stock height as we have some of the best pothole filled roads in the U.S. Will do pics when she's done.
Old 05-19-14, 09:46 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Thumbs up

Thanks, Grew up Listening to the Allman Bros (Duane was still alive then) driving my 68 AMC Javelin/ as in Rambler. 343ci 300hp AMX equipped 4spd. still got her & her bro Mark Donahue. LOL! I'm going to leave my 96 SC400 stock height as we have some of the best pothole filled roads in the U.S. Will do pics when she's done.
I actually saw Duane, Dickey Betts, dual drummers & all in Sacra "tomato" before Eat a Peach
more & more in common! I had a 66 425 hp SS 396 Chevelle (Muscle) car!! zero smog leaded fuel

Last edited by Barbary; 05-19-14 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 05-20-14, 07:32 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

I have relatives in NorCal. When I get the SC done & some vacation time I want to do the cross country thing with her & run the coastal highway from San Diego to the last town on the Oregon border like I did in the 70's. MY girlfriend has people in LA. Probably won't drive quite as fast this time. Never got to see the boys LIVE, one of the concerts I missed.
Old 05-20-14, 08:07 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Never got to see the boys LIVE, one of the concerts I missed.
You can still catch Warren Haynes! That's a sick show!

Quick Reply: The Story of the Purple Bullet w Complete Pic's (the quarter of a million miler)