SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

widebody opinions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-14, 11:24 PM
Abelo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default widebody opinions!!!

Hey guys so i would like some opinions and ideas i can handle criticism but mostly i just want ideas and info on how to accomplish it considering i am pretty novice on body work but i can for sure get it done that is not an issue for me,

so as it goes my rear tires stick out about 2 inches past my fender and the front is about half inch of poke, currently i am just going to do a roll and pull on the front fenders and the rear is what i am most concerned about, my options so far are::

-rocket bunny rear fender flares molded or riveted to my car (silvia/240sx flares)
-generic fender flares molded or riveted
-super aggressive pull and roll, which will most likely not fully cover the tires
-rear over fenders (50mm)

i think the rocket bunny rears would look sweet but would require some work and are expensive...
rear tires are a 19x11 +0 wrapped in 305/30's
so far im leaning towards overs or the rocket bunny, shoot away
Attached Thumbnails widebody opinions!!!-20140508_120924.jpg   widebody opinions!!!-img_20140508_120614.jpg   widebody opinions!!!-img_20140426_181904.jpg  
Old 05-09-14, 01:50 AM
Turbomati
Driver School Candidate

Generic ebay fender flares can look good:

but they need sideskirts, and a serious drop to work.
Old 05-11-14, 02:32 PM
Abelo
Driver

i like that idea and inexpensive for now also. bump any other input??
Old 05-11-14, 03:46 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

in my opinion you should forget about the 305's and drop down to a much smaller tire , that will help a lot of your problems and make it much easier to fit
Old 05-12-14, 11:20 PM
Abelo
Driver

So sell my tires and lose money on them just to buy a smaller set?

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
in my opinion you should forget about the 305's and drop down to a much smaller tire , that will help a lot of your problems and make it much easier to fit
Old 05-13-14, 09:59 PM
1SlowSC400
Rookie

It's a combination of the offset and the tires that make it near impossible to not have to do a ton of work. Smaller tires might be able to be worked into a super aggressive pull but that's a might considering how far everything sticks out. Other option would be same width set of rims but a different offset to fit everything without having to screw around modifying the body. Just my opinion though
Old 05-14-14, 12:38 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think OP got that offset and tire size because he was purposely going for a certain look. Now he's just asking for options for whats available to make his SC widebody.
I wouldnt want to resell wheels or tires after I've just bought them either. You're certainly going to lose money doing that. And being in Canada, likely having to have those wheels and tires shipped in, paying taxes, and duties, thats hundreds of dollars us Canadians arent going to make back when re-selling those items.

Anyways, I was never a fan of widebody kits on SC's as the sunken in fuel door just kills the look for me. But those eBay fender flares definitely dont look bad. They definitely give you that aggressive look I think you're going for
Old 05-14-14, 09:19 AM
1CleanSC
Driver

I'm thinking about just running the vertex front fenders. The rest will just be my 97+ stuff. I'm gonna possibly do a slight roll in the rear and that's it. At least for now. I'll be running Enkei RPF1s 18x9 +35 18x10 +38. I'll probably just run spacers up front after I add the Vertex Front Fenders since they add +25 mm of spacing!
Old 05-14-14, 09:41 AM
Br4den
Rookie

since you said you can get body work done might as well get the extreme dimensions wide body vertex replica kit, its only $938.
Old 05-14-14, 10:52 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Br4den
since you said you can get body work done might as well get the extreme dimensions wide body vertex replica kit, its only $938.

We actually offer a few options for the SC's.

Option 1:
Get the V-speed 25mm fronts and 50mm rears which work with the stock bumpers for less than 700 shipped...

http://extremedimensions.com/1992-20...s-2-Piece.html
http://extremedimensions.com/1992-20...s-2-Piece.html

Option 2: Ball outrageous and get the V-Speed Wide body kit for low 900s shipped.

http://extremedimensions.com/1992-20...-Body-Kit.html

^The smirk of winning lol.

PM me if you are interested in either , ill take care of ya.

Last edited by Extreme Dimensions; 05-14-14 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-14-14, 11:38 AM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I am still really impressed with how good the ED kit looks. was never a big fan until this kit tbh, but its awesome that they are providing aftermarket support to our cars.
Old 05-14-14, 12:56 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Abelo
So sell my tires and lose money on them just to buy a smaller set?
Yes , sell your tires and lose a few bucks as opposed to butchering your fenders and ruining the value of your whole car

(EDIT) hope im not coming across as rude, only saying this cause I did the same thing last year, butchered my fenders and now my re-sale value is pretty much shot

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 05-14-14 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-14-14, 01:03 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Agreed, any support for these old ghetto rockets by our vendors is positive. However, the amount of money that a body shop will charge to custom fit these fenders + paint is going to cost more than Donald Sterlings NBA fine.
Old 05-14-14, 03:24 PM
Abelo
Driver

I understand what your saying but I dont think you have looked at my engine bay. I have a semi tubular front end and I'm not intending on re selling the car it's become a full on track car in the future. But if it was a super clean sc then I would definetly not want to butcher the body

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Yes , sell your tires and lose a few bucks as opposed to butchering your fenders and ruining the value of your whole car

(EDIT) hope im not coming across as rude, only saying this cause I did the same thing last year, butchered my fenders and now my re-sale value is pretty much shot
Old 05-14-14, 03:26 PM
Abelo
Driver

You hit it right on the head!! Yeah I'm leaning towards fender flares also. Maybe next summer I will go wide body when I put my roll cage in

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
I think OP got that offset and tire size because he was purposely going for a certain look. Now he's just asking for options for whats available to make his SC widebody.
I wouldnt want to resell wheels or tires after I've just bought them either. You're certainly going to lose money doing that. And being in Canada, likely having to have those wheels and tires shipped in, paying taxes, and duties, thats hundreds of dollars us Canadians arent going to make back when re-selling those items.

Anyways, I was never a fan of widebody kits on SC's as the sunken in fuel door just kills the look for me. But those eBay fender flares definitely dont look bad. They definitely give you that aggressive look I think you're going for

Quick Reply: widebody opinions!!!