SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone have these headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 01:46 AM
dmthomas9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have these headlights?

I have some ugly chrome headlights that are cracked on my 93 sc300. I'm having a hard time finding decent stock ones and these are the only aftermarket ones I can find that aren't chrome. Any one got these? Post a pic plus.

http://www.protuninglab.com/92lescsc...id=18283950120
Old 04-30-14, 05:36 AM
kmartinez1
Driver

I have these headlights just not the high beams. I like them and they look pretty cool
Old 04-30-14, 06:05 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dmthomas9
I have some ugly chrome headlights that are cracked on my 93 sc300. I'm having a hard time finding decent stock ones and these are the only aftermarket ones I can find that aren't chrome. Any one got these? Post a pic plus.

http://www.protuninglab.com/92lescsc...id=18283950120
If you like them, just buy and enjoy them. Aftermarket headlights and taillights usually get a really rough time on these boards. I had them and I got flogged daily until I replaced them.

On the other hand, most are made for foreign right hand drive markets so the projectors tilt the wrong way and blind oncoming traffic, have poor projectors, provide really poor light, require some hacking of the stock harness and look more modern but a bit cheapish.

In the daytime i really liked the updated look. At night I cursed them constantly as I could not see a thing.
They stared at the ground like an emo, "shoe gazer" band guitar player no matter how I adjusted them.
You could use a nationwide craigslist search, find some stocks than use the many DIY's on the site to restore them to like new condition. That's what I did and I am really happy now.

Good luck whatever you do. :thumb up:

PS: Gerrb is parting out a few cars right now in the classifieds, hit him up quickly.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 04-30-14 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-30-14, 04:54 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's not a huge market for them because most "import tuners" are cheapskates. The minute a legitimate option arrives no one pay's because it was over $500. They whine and wish someone would make a knockoff version of it. Thus is born the lights you see above. ..Reap what you sow, and such..

If you really wanted to make something special (Headlights, or anything else really) the tools and resources are now available to make it happen.
Old 04-30-14, 05:16 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Those headlights are just plain cheap looking.
Old 04-30-14, 06:29 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw these on a silver spruce sc in the city during the day and thought they looked excellent. But if Studiogeek says they look like crap at night I'd take his word on it...

Shouldn't be too hard to find headlights for cheap. Hit up a junk yard, as long as they aren't cracked you can restore them with Plasti-X and a drill gun...
Old 04-30-14, 10:08 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

those lights are so cheap, they melt from the sun lol
Old 04-30-14, 10:10 PM
kmartinez1
Driver

Originally Posted by mikef
those lights are so cheap, they melt from the sun lol
Mine has not melted from the sun yet and I have had mine for 5 months
Old 05-01-14, 12:39 AM
dmthomas9
Driver School Candidate

Only reason I need new ones is cause someone backed into my car at work a while ago and it's all messed up. I hate hit n runs. I thought about pulling the stock ones off my other sc but I'm trying to keep the value up to sell it.
Old 05-01-14, 09:55 AM
GloriousSC
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought the whole set and just used the clear lenses on the stock headlights. About all they are good for IMO.
Old 05-01-14, 10:49 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GloriousSC
I bought the whole set and just used the clear lenses on the stock headlights. About all they are good for IMO.
.....Couldnt of said it better....
Old 05-01-14, 12:14 PM
SCereal
Lead Lap

Anytime I see headlights like those they always have all those extra spots and all I can think of are the sentinels from The Matrix and not in a flattering way.

For the price, I'm sure you could source a set of headlights unmolested. Just stalk the classifieds and hit up the SC classifieds on facebook.
Old 05-02-14, 10:58 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

They do look a little cheap and overdone to me. Like a ricer look.

I bought a right headlight from eBay for about $85 shipped like six months ago. I wanted to try taking it apart before I messed up my own lights. Just had to clean it (20 some odd years of dirt and roadside crap), but they fit perfectly.

That's the other issue with the aftermarket headlights. On my Civic they never fit right and made the whole car look crappy. I sold them for half what I paid for them, and now they're someone else's problem.

I would say a pair of OEM lights might run around $200 or so, if you're lucky. And you're getting the lights actually engineered for the car, no LEDs and better looking, IMHO.
Old 05-04-14, 04:20 AM
breadsc400
Rookie

I have those lights on my red sc, you can find them on ebay for way cheaper like $100-150 from some vendors, there all the same. Mine are actually aimed too high and it constantly looks like i have my high beams on at night, get flashed alot by oncoming cars. And also the liner on the inside does start to peel off, whether its from the sun or the lights themselves I dont know. I also pulled the wires out of the headlight that turn on the HALO and the 3 little LED's above, i think it looks WAY better at night with it like that.
Old 05-04-14, 08:36 AM
kmartinez1
Driver

I got mine for 200 dollars but I dont have high beams
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have these headlights?-photo-3-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone have these headlights?