Front tire wear... bump steer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-14, 05:19 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front tire wear... bump steer?

Ok guys.. I need help!

I'm having some horrible front inner tire wear. I have to stich them from side to side at like 5-6000 kms! My car is dropped and I drove I a lot during summer (10000km or more) and it's stored during winter. So it does cost me a lot on tire. I'm doing to raise the front a littlllee bit but I don't want to raise it to much as it would be ulgy to me. I've got my car aligned and it does have around 1.5 degrees of camber in the front.

At the point I am, the only way I think I can help my car with my front tire wear is with less bump steer. For example, the rear as approximatively the same camber setup as front, but tire last longer!

I've seen other member way much more dropped than me on CL and I've search for CL member that installed aftermarket Tie Rods like megan racing or Battle Version.

Does it Worth it? I seem like I can "drop" the tie rod end turning point on the knuckle like only half an inch! Is that enough?

Here's a pic of my car. front 245-40-18 rear 275-35-18

Old 04-28-14, 06:12 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are your toe and caster angles? If you got just the camber increased, I'm not so sure it'll work with stock alignment specs. You'll have to adjust the toe and caster to work with the camber you have.

Try looking into the "Lance alignment specs" for the MKIV on SupraForums. I believe the specs call for maxed out camber on stock adjustments anyways.
I just installed 235/35/18 and 265/30/18 tires on mine, and lowered it more. I did the Lance alignment and the car drives/turns beautifully. Although I cant comment of the tire wear yet, as I've only had it done for 3 days, from the reviews on the Lance alignment its a good compromise between performance and tire life

..gorgeous looking car btw. Looks like the stance is spot on.
Old 04-29-14, 07:08 PM
biturbo632
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
What are your toe and caster angles? If you got just the camber increased, I'm not so sure it'll work with stock alignment specs. You'll have to adjust the toe and caster to work with the camber you have.

Try looking into the "Lance alignment specs" for the MKIV on SupraForums. I believe the specs call for maxed out camber on stock adjustments anyways.
I just installed 235/35/18 and 265/30/18 tires on mine, and lowered it more. I did the Lance alignment and the car drives/turns beautifully. Although I cant comment of the tire wear yet, as I've only had it done for 3 days, from the reviews on the Lance alignment its a good compromise between performance and tire life

..gorgeous looking car btw. Looks like the stance is spot on.
For the front Toe I'm at -0.05 on each sides and curiously I do not have any caster reading for the front on the vehicle geometry Report. I'm not an alignment expert..

I've search the Lance Alignment Specs and well.. I'm gonna check this! It says also, "Obviously, these settings are still compromised for street
use."

But thanks I didn't know this page!

Last edited by biturbo632; 04-29-14 at 07:14 PM.