SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Body kit problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 02:27 PM
kmartinez1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body kit problem

So I am kinda mad at people on ebay that I bought a body kit. They told me that the wide body kit was from extreme dimensions and when I got today i knew right away that they lied about the maker. The material and everything is not extreme dimensions. I have bought a lot of body kits from extreme dimensions and they always went on with no problem. Well I tried to put this body kit on and it is nowhere near fitting the car. I took it to a body shop to see what they said and They said that they do not want to mess with it. So I might have just lost 900 dollars for pieces of fiberglass....
Old 04-16-14, 03:16 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont want to sound cliche, but thats what you get for buying stuff on ebay. Its cheap for a reason.

..now that I got that outta my system, lol, you do have some sort of steps you can take to get your money back. Complain to paypal or however you paid, that the item was not as described. Just make sure you have the original item description page, and all necessary paperwork. Take lots of pictures of the fitment.

Maybe even try contacting the seller, sometimes they're actually good at refunding items for fear or receiving negative feedback.
Old 04-16-14, 03:20 PM
kmartinez1
Driver

Im already going through all that but i prob wont win through paypal. Im about to just cut my loss, toss it in the trash and save up and buy vertex ridge, altho i really dont have the money to do that right now. so much for getting my car going this summer. I know it was stupid for me to go through ebay but i just wanted to get my car driving this summer and like i said i have never had any problems with extreme dimensions. oh well
Old 04-16-14, 04:26 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Well you're not cutting any further losses since you've already spent the money. You're not spending any money by disputing them, so there's no sense in giving up. If you put a little effort into disputing it then you only have money you lost to gain.

Also I dont see WHY would wouldnt dispute it?? eBay and PayPal both have departments just for these typa disputes.
Old 04-16-14, 04:30 PM
kmartinez1
Driver

Im in the dispute right now and paypal is reviewing my claim
Old 04-16-14, 04:51 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

There's a number of threads here with people successfully disputing these types of claims. I even remember a thread or two of people contacting the company directly, as I suggested, and getting a full refund ... for $900 it doesn't hurt to try.
Old 04-16-14, 04:53 PM
kmartinez1
Driver

The company will not give me a number to call or wont answer my messages.. im trying my best to get my money back
Old 04-16-14, 05:01 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

I went through a similar disappointment with AIT Racing where the front bumper they sent was a total POS and would not do anything.

Always use a credit card!!!!!! If your Paypal is backed by a credit card you may be able to dispute via your credit card company.

Mine was Chase/Visa and I sent them the pictures, email exchanges with AIT and they ended up refunding the full amount. The bumper was never claimed by AIT so I think my body shop used it on another SC and cut the guy a deal to fit it.

These lower class body kit makers (and many of the more expensive ones) seem to be really challenged on making a front bumper that fits well. A few of the JDMs are real good (but real expensive) and the Shine kit seems one of the better choices (likely my next front end if I don't go back to the OEM bumper...).

You should be successful getting your money back to go towards a better product.
Old 04-16-14, 05:10 PM
kmartinez1
Driver

I just did a follow up with paypal and paypal told me i would hear something within 24-72 hours
Old 04-16-14, 05:10 PM
kmartinez1
Driver

hey duck how do you dispute with the credit card company?
Old 04-16-14, 05:23 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

You can do it online or by phone.

Locate the charge on your CC statement. If it is Paypal I am not certain how It appears but should not be a problem as the amount is unique.

Contact your CC company's Dispute group (typically it is a special function that you get routed to...). They take about a week or so and almost always side with their card holder unless the vendor has indisputable evidence (and in your case with pictures it should be a slam dunk). Ask for a full refund for the entire transaction.

If Paypal does not come through use your CC company or do both....
Old 04-16-14, 05:26 PM
kmartinez1
Driver

okay I will do the paypal first and if that is a no go then I will try my credit card company
Old 04-16-14, 05:55 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by kmartinez1
okay I will do the paypal first and if that is a no go then I will try my credit card company
If you have not already sent angry messages to the company, you could try telling them if they work with you, you will leave positive feedback about them for doing the right thing. I did that with a high output alternator company that is sometimes rough for others to deal with and it worked. I got a full refund where others just got a war from him. ebay companies survive or die based on feedback sometimes.
How long since the first message to them? some ebay companies don't "work" every day. The have other jobs, go away etc.
Old 04-16-14, 05:57 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't be a sucker man, get your money, fight it, and don't stop fighting it. Ebay is very good for buyers as long as your claim is within a reasonable amount of time, if you wait months before doing a claim you will lose, but if you do it right away you win every time. Teach these guys a lesson.
Old 04-16-14, 06:00 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Biddles
Don't be a sucker man, get your money, fight it, and don't stop fighting it. Ebay is very good for buyers as long as your claim is within a reasonable amount of time, if you wait months before doing a claim you will lose, but if you do it right away you win every time. Teach these guys a lesson.
+1
Fully try finesse first.
Then put the hammer to the scammer!

Quick Reply: Body kit problem