SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Bad experience with Lextech...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-14, 07:44 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
I'm fairly sure it's still his company. He is the only poster in the Lextech Forum. You can't just sell someone years of knowledge.
The evidence suggests otherwise.

This isn't what I was looking for, but see posts #21 and #22 here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-cluster.html

I saw more definitive speculation elsewhere that there was a significant change. And while we're sleuthing, do we know for sure that the currently published address is the same as back when customer service was good?
Old 05-28-14, 08:09 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
The evidence suggests otherwise.

This isn't what I was looking for, but see posts #21 and #22 here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-cluster.html

I saw more definitive speculation elsewhere that there was a significant change. And while we're sleuthing, do we know for sure that the currently published address is the same as back when customer service was good?
I saw no evidence in those posts (maybe I missed something), however while you were quoting me I realized "fairly sure" was inaccurate on my part. It was just a guess and I acknowledged that by editing my post.
Old 05-28-14, 08:14 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

That's not what I was referring to by "the evidence"... I bolded a portion of your reply for a reason. You said you can't sell someone years of knowledge. I'm saying the evidence suggests that's exactly what happened, based on the huge dropoff in quality of work.
Old 05-28-14, 08:41 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
That's not what I was referring to by "the evidence"... I bolded a portion of your reply for a reason. You said you can't sell someone years of knowledge. I'm saying the evidence suggests that's exactly what happened, based on the huge dropoff in quality of work.
I saw/got the bolded text. Perhaps I need to re read those posts but they seemed speculative as well. Ultimately, I guess it really does not matter who owns it now. I hope whoever it is, pulls it together. The more Sc experts we have available and performing well, the better.
Old 06-01-14, 08:18 PM
Heroooo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Lextech has stolen my items and refuses contact me/also threaten their customers

DO NOT DEAL WITH LEXTECH LIGHTING SYSTEMS

Company in question: http://lextech.org/welcome.html

Hello Ladies and Gents.

In January, I sent in my climate control and cluster to be worked on due to warranty work because all of the needles, climate buttons were dying less than 1 year of Lextech's work.

Since January, this is what happened.

- Ever since I've sent in my unit, I have emailed them 27 times. They have emailed me back 7 times.

- They have confirmed on receiving my unit right after I shipped it.

- They have sent me actual pictures of my unit with the box so there is more than sufficient proof that my two items are in their possession.

- I have tried to appease them, giving them multiple times to get my units back to me.

- They have threatened me with a lawsuit due to defamation of character based on this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...questions.html

- I've given them multiple outs. Given them MONTHS to answer back.

- They emailed me about two months ago, telling me that they have shipped my items. But they lied. They lied to me because they told me my units were in the East Coast. I live in the damn WEST COAST. Their company is located in Signal Mountain, TN 37377. It doesnt make sense that they would purposefully ship my items East.

- I asked for a tracking and that's when communication stopped.

- I emailed them multiple times asking for tracking. No response.

- As of June, 6 months later, they still have my units.

- They have now stopped emailing me. No contact. Nothing.

I have officially filed a police report with my city as per law, and now moving to report them to BBB and call into their city, again as per policy. I just don't understand how these guys are still in business when they criminally steal people's products and refuse to talk to them, while threatening and bullying Clublexus members.

Contact me if you want their phone number to report to BBB and other business bureaus. BBB you can report online, but in this case, you actually have to call into the business' city and file.

I'm in the process of filing a small claims also now that my police report is finished. I'm just seeing if its worth the cost of it or whether I just want to stick it to them regardless.

If you do have cluster or climate control issues, go with Tanin Auto Electronix. I ordered from them and in less than a week, they have sent me a climate control and tach, fully LED and fully warrantied. I am extremely happy with Tanin Auto Electronix and highly recommend their services, not only due to their products, but their exceptional customer service.

DO NOT DEAL WITH LEXTECH LIGHTING SYSTEMS

Last edited by Heroooo; 06-01-14 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-01-14, 08:56 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

lol ,,another satisfied customer of Lextech
Old 06-01-14, 08:59 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...h-lextech.html
Old 06-01-14, 09:00 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...customers.html
Old 06-01-14, 09:42 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as I know, you can not be sued for defamation if what you're saying about them is true. You can only be sued for defamation if you purposely or for the purpose of hurting someones reputation make things up about them. So I wouldnt worry about that.
Old 06-02-14, 06:50 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
As far as I know, you can not be sued for defamation if what you're saying about them is true. You can only be sued for defamation if you purposely or for the purpose of hurting someones reputation make things up about them. So I wouldnt worry about that.
Yep, to win a defamation of character case they would need to show that what was said was not truthful, and prove that damages were incurred directly because of what was said. If there is any truth to the story, then they have no case.