SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

short shifter for mk3 and early soarer r154

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-14, 04:34 PM
blacksc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short shifter for mk3 and early soarer r154

would y'all be interested in a c's short shifter replica???

Suckerpunch, the company that did the v160 short shifter is looking to do the short shifter for the mkiii.

SPMS is trying to see the interest to be able to work on pricing and get something going for the mk3 r154!

if so please post
Old 02-10-14, 05:09 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

I'd be interested but I just recently bought a SupraSport V3 C's replica and I'm very happy with it. I guess it depends on how it compares with price, construction and availability. Is it possible to improve upon the design or make a couple of different angles available for personal preference?

In general I think the main issue is that the SupraSport V3 is currently the only new short shifter on the market for early W58's and R154's. You can re-use an SC W58 shifter and if you're lucky enough to pick up a real C's shifter then that's another option, however far-fetched.

I think more than one option on the market is a very, very good thing.

There is another issue, however, and that is most people not having access to the Soarer extension housings and internal arm any longer. So MKIII housings are extended to lengths that exceed the factory length of the Soarer housings, making a swan bend in the shifter irrelevant. I personally did not wish to go that route but many do with success. You CAN extend an MKIII housing to be identical to a Soarer housing but most people don't. You CAN still get the housings and matching arms... just not through any dealers outside Japan (meaning you import them the hard way), adding to why custom extensions happen a lot more.

Regardless, yes, I think this is a good opportunity for this company if they can keep their production batches small but not so small that people can't actually order the things off the shelf.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 02-10-14 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-10-14, 05:23 PM
blacksc
Pole Position

well its an ideal i can ask him
Old 02-10-14, 05:29 PM
blacksc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
I'd be interested but I just recently bought a SupraSport V3 C's replica and I'm very happy with it. I guess it depends on how it compares with price, construction and availability. Is it possible to improve upon the design or make a couple of different angles available for personal preference?

In general I think the main issue is that the SupraSport V3 is currently the only new short shifter on the market for early W58's and R154's. You can re-use an SC W58 shifter and if you're lucky enough to pick up a real C's shifter then that's another option, however far-fetched.

I think more than one option on the market is a very, very good thing.

There is another issue, however, and that is most people not having access to the Soarer extension housings and internal arm any longer. So MKIII housings are extended to lengths that exceed the factory length of the Soarer housings, making a swan bend in the shifter irrelevant. I personally did not wish to go that route but many do with success. You CAN extend an MKIII housing to be identical to a Soarer housing but most people don't. You CAN still get the housings and matching arms... just not through any dealers outside Japan (meaning you import them the hard way), adding to why custom extensions happen a lot more.

Regardless, yes, I think this is a good opportunity for this company if they can keep their production batches small but not so small that people can't actually order the things off the shelf.

hes gona start off by making the c's specs then from there he can try different angles
Old 02-13-14, 10:30 AM
blacksc
Pole Position

Anyone interest
Old 02-13-14, 03:29 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

If someone wants to make and sell stuff that is fine as long as its within the forum rules or not on the forum.
Gauging interest to set pricing or how many of a product you will make is 1 small step away from a group buy scenario and neither are allowed unless you are a vendor. PM me if you are a vendor.