Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

ultimate sc accessory!

Old 02-09-08, 09:41 PM   #31
Mattmannz
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

When I got my soarer it came with a towbar/trailer hitch. It also had factory mudflaps!

I removed both and the towbar sold very quickly on trademe (NZ Ebay).

Having since sold it I now see two Soarers around Wellington that both have towbars!

Haha. I have a Forerunner so use that for all my transporting.

Matt.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Mattmannz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 03:09 PM   #32
t2d2
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (3)

Looks like this thread is due for its second ~5-year bump. I don't suppose anyone has, or has found, pictures of what a tow hitch looks like on a SC when not in use, with the receiver removed? My one dilemma with the car is it replaced my utility car, so now I have two sports cars that can't hold much of anything. A small utility trailer would make the most sense for light usage occasionally, but only if it doesn't look ridiculous having the hitch there.

I found in another thread that the car can tow 1600 lbs. I'm thinking more like a couple hundred lbs.

Actually, I don't know my towing terminology... The receiver is the fixed part and the ball mount would be the removable part, I guess?

Last edited by t2d2; 08-14-14 at 03:26 PM..
t2d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 05:09 PM   #33
BeaksSC
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2d2 View Post
Looks like this thread is due for its second ~5-year bump. I don't suppose anyone has, or has found, pictures of what a tow hitch looks like on a SC when not in use, with the receiver removed? My one dilemma with the car is it replaced my utility car, so now I have two sports cars that can't hold much of anything. A small utility trailer would make the most sense for light usage occasionally, but only if it doesn't look ridiculous having the hitch there.

I found in another thread that the car can tow 1600 lbs. I'm thinking more like a couple hundred lbs.

Actually, I don't know my towing terminology... The receiver is the fixed part and the ball mount would be the removable part, I guess?
Idk about the hitch alone, but I've seen pictures in use. I say if you're going to actually use it, then power to ya.

Click the image to open in full size.

Zach's
--

Don't remember the user, but I think someone in that thread said 2 jet skis may be pushing it.

My app- Lockout: Drunk Message Blocker
Block drunk posts while you're out having a good time by using my app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibit.AppLocker
BeaksSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-14, 08:32 PM   #34
Joey-E
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimpy View Post
would you laugh at this?

Wow this members post was 10 years ago and people still rocking that look with the same kit and wheels 10 years later. You were ahead of time Grimpy. Lol
Old 08-14-14, 08:49 PM   #35
t2d2
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaksSC View Post
Idk about the hitch alone, but I've seen pictures in use. I say if you're going to actually use it, then power to ya.
Those are pretty much all I found picture-wise, too. I'm not worried about what it looks like with a trailer attached, as it'll be obvious at that point there's a hitch. I'm mostly curious what it'll look like the 99.99% of the time there's no trailer.

I suppose one option, if it looks too silly, is to leave the tie-down hooks off and just attach the hidden hitch when needed, which may only be a few times a year. That doesn't save a ton of time over swapping the whole thing out each time, though, and having the bolts out the bulk of the time may just gunk the holes up.
Old 08-14-14, 08:49 PM

Tags
attached, bike, bikes, dh, downhill, lexus, rack, racks, sirius, trunk