SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC's with no window tint.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-14, 11:31 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile SC's with no window tint.

So i just took off my back window tint on a 97 i got not too long ago since it was old and started to bubble. I must say it looks pretty good!!! I like it, i guess its something different for me since my previous SC had dark tint all around. I'm considering removing the rest of the tint now before i get new tint . How many of you are rolling with no tint on? Got any pics?
Old 01-19-14, 12:15 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Its just too hot to be rolling here in Bama w/o no tint... My dash and seats would cook. LOL
Old 01-19-14, 12:33 PM
mnewxcv
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

not mine, but ive always loved this sc.
Attached Thumbnails SC's with no window tint.-07s.jpg  
Old 01-19-14, 12:42 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Most cars actually look better with no tint or a very light tint imo. Steam the rest off ^_^

U could always do a 40% ceramic... Very light and way more effective in keeping the heat out over the standard black out film

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 01-19-14 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-19-14, 01:09 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Here is mine with tint on the back and the "almost clear" reflective tint on the front passenger windows. (It is illegal in CA to have any after market tint that makes it "darker" on the front passenger windows albeit ignored and inconsistently enforced - CA laws suck in general and this one is up there.)

Even in Northern California the SCs get real hot if left in direct sun light for very long. Not really sure if there was inadequate insulation in the roof or what but these cars get hot inside so using nothing is not a good idea, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails SC's with no window tint.-sc300-157a.jpg  
Old 01-19-14, 01:10 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Its just too hot to be rolling here in Bama w/o no tint... My dash and seats would cook. LOL
Lol yeah same in TX think ill change my mind when it starts to get hotter

Originally Posted by mnewxcv
not mine, but ive always loved this sc.
Very nice pic thanks

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
Most cars actually look better with no tint or a very light tint imo. Steam the rest off ^_^

U could always do a 40% ceramic... Very light and way more effective in keeping the heat out over the standard black out film
Thanks man ill look into it! Your right i think they do look better and tinting is all preference.
Old 01-19-14, 01:22 PM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't do tint for two primary reasons. First, I don't wanna give cops the excuse. Second. Taking tint off properly is a major chore. My car had it and had it removed ( not by me) and the idiots stripped alot of the defrosting element on the rear glass.
Attached Thumbnails SC's with no window tint.-20140119_161600.jpg  
Old 01-19-14, 01:41 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have the "fish bowl" look, NY tint laws are like nothing so its not even worth it.
Old 01-19-14, 02:17 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 92 I removed the tint job someone did, looked so much better after i finished. My 96 though has factory tint, and I'm not going to touch it as it's perfect without a sign of wear. It's a very light tint, so sight is still very good.
Old 01-19-14, 02:44 PM
99rx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

My 92 had nothing on it when I got it. I decided, after putting a new interior in it, to go ahead and do 35% all around. Not dark at all and I can still see clearly at night with no issues. It also cuts down on peoples headlight reflections throughout the car. I noticed when I drove it without the tints, since the SC is so low, I found myself constantly being blinding from the side mirrors and rear view mirror reflection. Much more reduced now, even with the light tint.
Old 01-19-14, 07:53 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kbb
I don't do tint for two primary reasons. First, I don't wanna give cops the excuse. Second. Taking tint off properly is a major chore. My car had it and had it removed ( not by me) and the idiots stripped alot of the defrosting element on the rear glass.
Thats true, looks good

Originally Posted by 187
I also have the "fish bowl" look, NY tint laws are like nothing so its not even worth it.
I saw a video on tinting and they mentioned that NY was strict about it.

Originally Posted by Biddles
On my 92 I removed the tint job someone did, looked so much better after i finished. My 96 though has factory tint, and I'm not going to touch it as it's perfect without a sign of wear. It's a very light tint, so sight is still very good.
Originally Posted by 99rx
My 92 had nothing on it when I got it. I decided, after putting a new interior in it, to go ahead and do 35% all around. Not dark at all and I can still see clearly at night with no issues. It also cuts down on peoples headlight reflections throughout the car. I noticed when I drove it without the tints, since the SC is so low, I found myself constantly being blinding from the side mirrors and rear view mirror reflection. Much more reduced now, even with the light tint.
Yeah i think im going to go with just a light tint next time around nothing too dark. Clear or just factory tint looks so clean too tho .

Last edited by Joey-E; 01-19-14 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-19-14, 08:06 PM
StillLine
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Rollin' tint free

Although I've tossed the idea around, I've ultimately decided to forego tinting the windows on my SC. I'm running with no front tag here in IL where it's required, so stealth is good. I don't need the po po scoping my tint and then noticing no tag. Besides, I'm rollin' with the top and windows down 'bout 75% of the time.

StillLine

Last edited by StillLine; 01-19-14 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Add Photos
Old 01-19-14, 08:15 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I apologize but I can't seem to find the original pic, LOL. But here's mine without tint.
Attached Thumbnails SC's with no window tint.-image.jpg  
Old 01-20-14, 12:06 AM
Supradelux
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tint>fish bowl
Alwys get tint and go with darkest for the rears personal imo looks awesome!!! **** legality state laws muahhaha
Old 01-20-14, 07:47 AM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

If you have no tint out here in NM consider your interior toast in a couple years.

Quick Reply: SC's with no window tint.