SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC400 arrived !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-14, 11:41 PM
JPS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some news about the alarm: the technical support of Mongoose has sent to me a quick diagram explaining the function of each wire linked to the ECU.

3 wires are linked to doors: door trigger, door lock and door unlock.

Based on that, I've found that I always have -12V on door lock and unlock wires, when the door is opened or closed. However, the warning light on the dashboard is OK (not light when door is closed, light on when door is opened), so I think the door switch is OK.

Edit : after finding where the door trigger is soldered with a car's wire, it appears that it is this ones that change 0/+12V when the door is closed or opened.
So the car send the right info to the ECU.

Then either the ECU either the remote is dead...or if I'm really unlucky both of them...
I'll go to see Mongoose next week to give them the ECU and the remote and cross finger they can fix it for free

Last edited by JPS; 02-26-14 at 12:41 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-28-14, 07:02 PM
JPS
Rookie

While waiting for the alarm to be fixed, I've gathered some info about the power steering that is not working.

Before starting to do-it-myself, I have some questions to be sure of what to do.
For sure I have no power steering assist on the car right now,it is so hard to turn left or right in my garden... I have enough fluid in the reservoir and I can hear the pump when I turn the steering wheel.

So if I want to know if the pump is really working or not, the easiest way would be to remove the small hose that return fluid to the reservoir and to see if the pump is really working or not? If I can see fluid coming out, the system is working and the problem is somewhere else.

Is it better to do so when the engine is cold or hot?

On the steering pump itself, it seems there's something missing, but I can't find what it is based on what I've seen on internet. Does anyone know what is missing ?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails SC400 arrived !!-steering-pump-1.jpg  
Old 02-28-14, 10:27 PM
JPS
Rookie

Originally Posted by JPS
While waiting for the alarm to be fixed, I've gathered some info about the power steering that is not working.

Before starting to do-it-myself, I have some questions to be sure of what to do.
For sure I have no power steering assist on the car right now,it is so hard to turn left or right in my garden... I have enough fluid in the reservoir and I can hear the pump when I turn the steering wheel.

So if I want to know if the pump is really working or not, the easiest way would be to remove the small hose that return fluid to the reservoir and to see if the pump is really working or not? If I can see fluid coming out, the system is working and the problem is somewhere else.

Is it better to do so when the engine is cold or hot?

On the steering pump itself, it seems there's something missing, but I can't find what it is based on what I've seen on internet. Does anyone know what is missing ?

Thanks
OK it seems the power steering pump is working cause I can see the fluid going inside the reservoir and going out. But as I have a small leak (few drops on the floor per day), now I don't have enough fluid and the steering pump is noisy. I'll buy some ATF D3/D4 tomorrow.

After letting the engine runs for several minutes, I,ve checked the reservoir and there was a lot of bubbles inside it. Does it comes only because the fluid level is too low, because of the leak or because of something else ?
Old 03-04-14, 06:29 PM
JPS
Rookie

Just gone to Mongoose office close to Brisbane, they checked the alarm and after few minutes, everything was working.
I've fitted it again in the car this morning and now everything works. I can open/close doors with the remote and no more need to spend 5 to 10 minutes to bypass the alarm.

One problem less on the car !!
Old 03-04-14, 09:48 PM
TonyFrench
Rookie

Good !