SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

DDM Tuning order options

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-13, 03:40 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think u will need to get the mounting bracket either. U should be ok without them
Old 12-03-13, 03:58 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meh, they're only $2 so why not. I like my car to look as clean and stock as possible, rather than having wires and things zip-tied all over the engine bay.
Old 12-10-13, 03:01 PM
1320VR4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ordered the HIDs for my galfrand. I gotta restore her headlights, meh.

Does anyone have a cheap pair of headlights I can buy off of ya so I can spend some serious time restoring a pair to put on her car so she can still drive it in the intrum
Old 12-10-13, 03:12 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Buy some cheap ebay headlights and just swap over the clear lens
Old 12-10-13, 03:23 PM
1320VR4
Driver School Candidate

none of the ebay lights are really cheap enough lol

Where do we go to request parts wanted or parts for sale around here?
Old 12-10-13, 04:37 PM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1320VR4
none of the ebay lights are really cheap enough lol

Where do we go to request parts wanted or parts for sale around here?
There is a classified section for sc300/sc400 parts. Are you sure you can't just clean them its pretty simple/quick and the kits are cheap and available at most auto parts stores.
Old 12-10-13, 09:40 PM
1320VR4
Driver School Candidate

Ahh I found it, not used to the setup of this forum. Not used to having multiple cars on one generic manufactuerer enthusiast website.

anyhow they're bad and the pass one gets a ton of moisture inside so it has to be resealed. Would be best to polish the projector as well
Old 12-13-13, 12:59 PM
soarer93
Pole Position

I will say, do not bother with 35watt kits, get the 55watt, for your headlights - crisper, brighter, cleaner light at 55watt and on MY car, I got the flickering/dancing headlights every now and then - upgraded the ballasts to 55watt (same bulbs) and no issues - also to note the greenish tinge from the bulbs at 35watts is now gone using the 55watt ballasts.

DDM Tuning is slow.. but cant beat a great price.
Old 12-17-13, 12:45 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Seems like everyones got differing opinions on the 35 vs 55w ballasts. I'll just have to see for myself and write up a review.

Anyways, the kit came in today! Sooner than I expected, 15 days from the order date, and I even changed my order a few days after I originally ordered it.
Looks like DDM had them ship the HID's straight to my door from China, rather than to their facility first. When I ordered my Carbing STB a few years back it took 4 months from Japan, and MVP had them ship it to their store (in the southwest somewhere) before they sent it to me.

I'll install them tomorrow and post pics and write up a review
Old 12-22-13, 12:26 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Wellp, installed the HID's today and alas I should have listened to those saying to go with the 55W ballasts. I dont know who in their right mind would even consider the 35's, they dont light the road up at all. The only time I even noticed my lights was in window reflections, reflections off signs, or when I pull up behind someone at a light and see the reflection of my lights in their car. Ridiculous!
I wont post pics because as with every other pic of HID's you cant really see the colour or brightness, so its pointless. I will say though that the colour of the 4500k is a little bluer than I would have liked. But I'm hoping with the higher output of the 55w ballasts it will allow the HID's to burn hotter and brighter, and hopefully more of a pure white.

Also, the 'H1/H7 to 9006 Adaptor Cable' was also not needed. Not sure who said it was needed, or what kinda setup they have where they thought it was needed, but the kit itself was direct plug & play. No splicing or anything.

The hardest part of the whole install was finding a damn place to mount my ballasts. I looked through old 'where did you mount your ballasts' threads but they ended up being not much help. Wasn't till I tried different locations myself till I found good spots - which was surprisingly difficult. Ended up not using the mounts either.

Everyone says DDM is good with guarantees and whatnot, so on Monday we'll see if they're willing to replace my ballasts and take the refund adaptor cables if I send them back. Only $7 but they can just put that towards my upgraded ballasts. Here's to another $20 shipping charge though
Old 12-22-13, 09:46 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Wellp, installed the HID's today and alas I should have listened to those saying to go with the 55W ballasts. I dont know who in their right mind would even consider the 35's, they dont light the road up at all. The only time I even noticed my lights was in window reflections, reflections off signs, or when I pull up behind someone at a light and see the reflection of my lights in their car. Ridiculous!
I wont post pics because as with every other pic of HID's you cant really see the colour or brightness, so its pointless. I will say though that the colour of the 4500k is a little bluer than I would have liked. But I'm hoping with the higher output of the 55w ballasts it will allow the HID's to burn hotter and brighter, and hopefully more of a pure white.

Also, the 'H1/H7 to 9006 Adaptor Cable' was also not needed. Not sure who said it was needed, or what kinda setup they have where they thought it was needed, but the kit itself was direct plug & play. No splicing or anything.

The hardest part of the whole install was finding a damn place to mount my ballasts. I looked through old 'where did you mount your ballasts' threads but they ended up being not much help. Wasn't till I tried different locations myself till I found good spots - which was surprisingly difficult. Ended up not using the mounts either.

Everyone says DDM is good with guarantees and whatnot, so on Monday we'll see if they're willing to replace my ballasts and take the refund adaptor cables if I send them back. Only $7 but they can just put that towards my upgraded ballasts. Here's to another $20 shipping charge though
Oh, man. I got the 35W 4500 kit and i'm super happy with the light output. Its on par with my mom's Audi A6 OEM xenons. but its good to know that i can just order a 55W ballast if i ever want even brighter lights.

But, I would imagine a 55W ballast would drain a lot more power and the longevity of the bulbs would be much shorter then 35W. Am i correct in thinking this?
Old 12-23-13, 08:42 AM
1320VR4
Driver School Candidate

I ordered the 5000k 35W for my g/fs car for christmas. I have 35w 6000k Hi/Los in my 3000GT and they're excellent. Even considering the hair of bluish tint, I can see quite well, much better than the H4s I had in there before hand.

Are your headlights dirty / oxidized? My gfs headlights are pretty bad and the light output is pathetic on the normal bulbs. I just need to figure out when I can have time to redo the lights
Old 12-23-13, 10:24 AM
Lead Lap

Post some night shots 35W is usually more then enough for most people.
Old 12-23-13, 02:30 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 187
Post some night shots 35W is usually more then enough for most people.
This, you really shouldn't be having visibility issues with a 35w kit.
Old 12-24-13, 01:59 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Here's a number of shots for you guys. Maybe its just me..?
Attached Thumbnails DDM Tuning order options-photo-3.jpg   DDM Tuning order options-photo-2.jpg   DDM Tuning order options-photo-1-1-.jpg   DDM Tuning order options-img_4128.jpeg   DDM Tuning order options-photo-2-1-.jpg  

Quick Reply: DDM Tuning order options