SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Review of Lextech 32's and Needle

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-13, 08:12 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad this thread is here. I also had a bad dealing with lextech about a year ago. I had a cluster redone and a climate control. It took a really long time to get my stuff back. When I got it the gas needle was laying in the bottom of the cluster. If they fall off all the time then put it in a separate bag and let me install it upon arrival. The guy was really rude and customer service is definitely NOT a concern of his. He told me I should have read about all the problems on his "Forum" or FAQ's. Here is the thread he made about a part of my complaint when I told him I would write a review on here after he made me feel like an idiot.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...y-cluster.html

I guess that is one of the Pro's about being a Mod on a forum. You can act however you want.

I never wrote the review but I feel like a winner now.

Can we Sticky this??
Old 12-03-13, 09:31 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok. After reading this I don't feel so bad about putting in my 2 cents . I had a similar experience when I sent my climate control in for the bright white backlighting and LEDs . I'm satisfied with the product after I received it back and was very patient with the extra long waiting period but the customer service and rude comments telling me I was petty really got to me . What happened to customer is always first . I was told several times my unit was ready then it was shipped but it wasn't then it was lost but that had never happened before . But it was returned to LExtech miraculously ,again first time ever . Never got tracking number n offered to pay extra for UPS shipping or Priority so I would have tracking . I finnally had to contact another moderator after many PMs and emails went unanswered or short comments making me feel like I was the bad guy . In short I will never deal with the company again strictly for the customer service issue so I hope my CC doesn't screw up before I sell the car or trade it off . I am satisfied with the work but I decided to replace the LEDS in my cluster myself using 1 JZWRD thread. Very satisfied with super brights LEDs .
Old 12-04-13, 05:14 AM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SC & LS 40, do you mind sharing the name and contact info for the California company that did your lighting repairs.?
Old 12-04-13, 09:40 AM
SC & LS 40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bankswood
SC & LS 40, do you mind sharing the name and contact info for the California company that did your lighting repairs.?
PM in process
Old 12-04-13, 11:24 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

i too would like to knw. after reading all these complaints about customer service and clusters not holding up over time, I WILL NOT SEND MY CLUSTER TO LEXTECH. sounds like its very frustrating and not worth my time or money
Old 12-04-13, 12:51 PM
RX7 RAGE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC & LS 40
PM in process
Send me a PM too, thanks.
Old 12-04-13, 01:12 PM
SC & LS 40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
i too would like to knw. after reading all these complaints about customer service and clusters not holding up over time, I WILL NOT SEND MY CLUSTER TO LEXTECH. sounds like its very frustrating and not worth my time or money
Done, best of luck to you
Old 12-04-13, 01:14 PM
SC & LS 40
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RX7 RAGE
Send me a PM too, thanks.
Done, best of luck to you

And for the record, other than having them perform work on my autos, through a local repair shop, I have no interest in this repair shop.
Old 12-04-13, 01:41 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC & LS 40
PM in process
I would also like to know the name of this shop and any contact info.
Old 12-04-13, 02:19 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vwpride12
I guess that is one of the Pro's about being a Mod on a forum. You can act however you want.
There is always a bigger fish. You can contact the head moderator and let them know how you've been treated on their forum.

With that said, I spoke with a head moderator recently and let them know of this thread. Not that it will sway them into a ban or anything, but I was told that Lextech hasn't been an approved vendor in over five years. That means they can't advertise their product. Period. It's up to us to find other sources or create a DIY.

However, we have to stick to forum rules and not post website links inside threads. If you have a new source for business, send personal PM's or post the name of the business and contact information with no external links.
Old 12-04-13, 03:55 PM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

So if I understand correctly, Lextech is not an approved vendor but it's owner is a moderator here. Does that seem strange to anyone else?
Old 12-04-13, 07:34 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So if I understand correctly, Lextech is not an approved vendor but it's owner is a moderator here. Does that seem strange to anyone else?
No, it's not strange. He's been here for 10+ years and has provided many threads with lots of valuable information. He's pretty dedicated to the growth and strength of the SC community. However, his personal company is obviously under fire for bad work and minimal customer service skills. Believe me, he will remain as our moderator until he retires or someone else is willing to take on that responsibility.
Old 12-04-13, 09:44 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, that concludes that, I'll be doing it on my own for sure. I'd rather tape a flashlight to my steering wheel before they get my cluster..
Old 12-05-13, 04:36 AM
phermes1
Driver School Candidate

Could I get a pm too, please? Thanks
Old 12-05-13, 07:15 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Seeing all of these horror stories is crazy! The backlighting on my climate control has been acting funny so I was going to send it in but now I'll just put up with it until I get a new unit.

My friend sent his cluster a few years ago and it took him about a month to get it back. That's way too long for me to be without a cluster. I ended up putting the LED's in my own cluster and it looks great. One of the bulbs doesn't come on but overall it looks much better than stock.

For you guys that need the backlighting on your cluster fixed I'd recommend replacing the bulbs yourself if you don't mind taking it apart. The bulbs were about $15 from Superbrightleds.com and it comes out looking pretty good for such a low price.

Quick Reply: Review of Lextech 32's and Needle