SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Supra inspired interior?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-13, 03:28 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Just throwing this here for reference sake in case Wheel_Man wanted to get an idea. The interior inspiration thread those has a ton of different setups to look at which is nice to always reference in case you are looking to do that same thing to your SC interior. Everything that is black in my car is SEM dyed minus the seatbelts, ***** shifter, window switches, and floormats. Eventually the plan is to go full black interior but this will do for now.

damm bro that looks awesome and even better in person

did you spray the dash in car or remove dash to spray and how did you do the wood trim
Old 10-24-13, 09:32 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4o0
im so jealous, is it worth spray painting? im eventually swapping for black interior.
It honestly doesn't look horrible, but there are some spots on the lower door panes on my car where the paint has worn off. I'm only putting real black pieces in there because I'm "that guy" haha.
Old 10-24-13, 03:45 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Gotjuice
^^^ oh gawd that looks really good
Haha...thanks for the compliment 93Gotjuice I really do appreciate it.

Originally Posted by lexforlife
damm bro that looks awesome and even better in person

did you spray the dash in car or remove dash to spray and how did you do the wood trim
Thank you for the kind words Ed The dash was actually done in the car. Even the steering wheel is dyed and you would never know unless I told you. That's how good this guy that did my interior was back when I still lived in Tampa. He has literally been doing interior touch ups for over 45 years from Lexus all the way to Ferrari.

The wood trim is actually a black wood vinyl I got off of ebay and installed with the help of my father several years ago. The bad news is that I have had a ton of people PM me to the link of where I got the stuff and it appears the item is no longer sold on ebay anymore Another former member here on CL named eliteskill from California was the first to have it on his car and he was the one who inspired me to put it on my own SC. He sold his SC so it seems I may be the only one now who still has this on the forums.
Old 10-24-13, 06:01 PM
SportC400
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey P.R.S.22 your car looks awesome and thanks for all the great advice this past Sunday. I wasn't quite sure who you were on this board until I saw these pics.
Old 10-24-13, 08:16 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TweakTech
It honestly doesn't look horrible, but there are some spots on the lower door panes on my car where the paint has worn off. I'm only putting real black pieces in there because I'm "that guy" haha.
lol, im really thinking about doing this, ill test it out first.
Old 10-25-13, 12:32 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SportC400
Hey P.R.S.22 your car looks awesome and thanks for all the great advice this past Sunday. I wasn't quite sure who you were on this board until I saw these pics.
Thanks for the compliment SportC400 Pleasure to meet you this past Sunday and I look forward to seeing the progress you make with your SC. As I mentioned to you before take advantage of all the knowledge that is available here on CL and you will have the SC you've always wanted in no time. You have a great SC to start with so good luck with her in the future
Old 10-26-13, 12:51 AM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Check out Scotturnot's interior... Nicest black/tan IMO. But he used baller Recaro tan seats
Old 10-26-13, 08:52 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

P.R.S jeez, your car looks amazing with the black interior accenting. You're right I wouldn't even know that it was dyed unless you tell me. Okay, I'm only hearing about SEM now but is this process expensive and also is it reversible in case you wanted to go back to your original interior?

I'm all into modifications on a car but I'd like it that were reversible being that I'm quite indecisive at times. and Lawl @ the pregnant Supra Steering Wheel.
Old 10-26-13, 12:55 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SPLiFFY
P.R.S jeez, your car looks amazing with the black interior accenting. You're right I wouldn't even know that it was dyed unless you tell me. Okay, I'm only hearing about SEM now but is this process expensive and also is it reversible in case you wanted to go back to your original interior?

I'm all into modifications on a car but I'd like it that were reversible being that I'm quite indecisive at times. and Lawl @ the pregnant Supra Steering Wheel.
I can't remember the exact price of how much I paid for the black pieces done by a professional several years ago but I believe it was around $300. Fair price for everything I got dyed. If you were to do this yourself it is somewhat inexpensive since the cans of SEM dye are not extremely expensive (less than $10 per can) but you will need several cans depending on how much of the interior you plan on dying, along with some other materials to clean each piece before starting the dying process. Once you dye the pieces technically you could re-dye it back to the original color but you will have to buy the dye for that particular color, or you could just buy those parts again from another SC for cheap since tan interior parts are virtually worthless.

The way I see it is if you like the look of a black interior you should just dye the parts that are already in your car if they are in good shape and you know will never get touched. Higher traffic areas such as armrests and seats you may wish to buy original black just to ensure they won't dull or fade to another color such as tan. I personally love both a black/tan interior or all black interior on SCs so it was an easy decision for me.