SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Toyota Equivalent?

Old 10-13-13, 08:49 AM
xshurikx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Equivalent?

I have a 93 SC300 what is the toyota equivalent because calling lexus for parts is double the money

i would also like to know what is the 94 and 95 SC400 toyota equivalent

For instance I need LCA's people get it off a Toyota Supra for so much less, I need a Serpetine belt Tensioner is it a direct fit? do they even use the same engines? i.e 2JZGE and 1UZFE or whatever

I dont have time to do reasearch on toyota forums to check I was hoping someone knows the answer.

as always thanks.
Old 10-13-13, 08:53 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The tensioner should fit, if I am not mistaking. I have the LCA's complete for front.
Old 10-13-13, 08:59 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

It should be the same as a 94 NA Supra.
Old 10-13-13, 09:20 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

just buy used buddy, off the classified section, don't go to the dealer for anything
Old 10-13-13, 12:18 PM
xshurikx
Driver

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
just buy used buddy, off the classified section, don't go to the dealer for anything
used is good but if the bushings are shot i dont know if i want used bushings again that will go on me in 10k miles. plus some things i want original lexus/toyota. i just did the timing belt job tensioners pulleys...........everything original except for the waterpump which jumped in price from 80 to 190 so i just got aftermarket for 50
Old 10-13-13, 12:28 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Basically anything MKIV Supra NA in the engine and transmission. Front suspension is all NA MKIV Supra. Rear suspension is only partly compatible with the MKIV (rear control arms have to be Lexus for instance). Diffs are the same. Radiator is SC-specific but you can run an MKIV radiator conversion very easily. Brakes use SC pads but there is a lot of information about upgrading those.
Old 10-13-13, 12:31 PM
xshurikx
Driver

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Basically anything MKIV Supra NA in the engine and transmission. Front suspension is all NA MKIV Supra. Rear suspension is only partly compatible with the MKIV (rear control arms have to be Lexus for instance). Diffs are the same. Radiator is SC-specific but you can run an MKIV radiator conversion very easily. Brakes use SC pads but there is a lot of information about upgrading those.
thanks thats what i basically needed. brakes and pads rotors i already ordered, not doing the ls upgrade as i am not changing my rims for a long time. sitting on 15's and rockin it.

I ordered R1 Concepts which from what i gather are much better brakes rotors and calipers than oem anyway, so anything better than what i have is already good enough for me. my speed racer days are over, just cruisin at this point.
Old 10-13-13, 01:17 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ nothing is wrong with looking fast but still driving slow lol
Old 10-13-13, 07:18 PM
xshurikx
Driver

Originally Posted by bigwes
^^ nothing is wrong with looking fast but still driving slow lol
So true. Thats the goal
Old 10-13-13, 08:21 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by xshurikx
thanks thats what i basically needed. brakes and pads rotors i already ordered, not doing the ls upgrade as i am not changing my rims for a long time. sitting on 15's and rockin it.
You're welcome. I'm biased but I do recommend the LS400 brake upgrade even on a stock car. The stock SC300 brakes scared the crap out of me and I changed them to four-pots as soon as possible. Much safer in my opinion even if you drive calmly.
Old 10-13-13, 08:48 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

MKIV Toyota Supra (93'-98')
3rd Gen Toyota Soarer (91'-00')
1st Gen Lexus SC300/SC400 (92'-00')
check compatibility as you are pre-obd2/vvti, certain things change througout the models/years.

I'm a "have it and not need it, then, need it and not have it" kind of guy. driving a car or sending my wife off with the kids in a car with bad anythings just doesn't fly with me from experience. sports car or not. she may jump down my thoat about how much money I waste on parts but shuts right up when her car wont start and magically gets fixed.

for me its a no brainer to replace crappy rubber vs awesome polyurethane. a cheap mitsuboshi timing belt vs gates racing timing belt. standard oem Headgasket vs bad-azz multi-layered Headgasket. weak oem studs/bolts vs strong ARP studs/bolts...ect. none of these parts really make my car any faster nor am I trying to be a speed demon but I'd rather have quality parts that will out-last and out-perform the rest. don't get me wrong, if some douche in a mustang brown-noses my baby I don't mind putting the parts to use and teach em' a lesson every once and awhile. I'm still a guy. =P

becareful and look around before you buy that $700 dealership part. you just might find one online or localy for a fraction of the price if you look hard enough. used parts are ofcourse a gamble and situational but condition is most important. i.e what counts in a LCA is the balljoint and integrity of the arm. if the balljoint is good just replace the bushings with poly's NOT oem as the oem will just crap out again like you mentioned. doing this you saved some money and it's now better than before.
Old 10-14-13, 12:19 AM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I usually do is get the part number from Lexus, then call toyota and buy from them. You need to get a Sewell Lexus account.. Huge discounts for forum members
Old 10-14-13, 07:46 AM
xshurikx
Driver

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
You're welcome. I'm biased but I do recommend the LS400 brake upgrade even on a stock car. The stock SC300 brakes scared the crap out of me and I changed them to four-pots as soon as possible. Much safer in my opinion even if you drive calmly.
Sorry i am still a little new to this and just getting my hands dirty working on the car, what is a four-pots

I am also in agreement about the brakes they arent that great thats why i went with R1 slotted (not drilled) premium front and E-line back with with good posi quite pads. read some reviews and people are amazed at how much better they are than stock.

Plus on 15's i have no room for LS brakes and calipers as much as i would love it. i have maybe 1/2 inch clearance right now between the brakes and the rim
Old 10-14-13, 07:52 AM
xshurikx
Driver

Originally Posted by SCstone
MKIV Toyota Supra (93'-98')
3rd Gen Toyota Soarer (91'-00')
1st Gen Lexus SC300/SC400 (92'-00')
check compatibility as you are pre-obd2/vvti, certain things change througout the models/years.

I'm a "have it and not need it, then, need it and not have it" kind of guy. driving a car or sending my wife off with the kids in a car with bad anythings just doesn't fly with me from experience. sports car or not. she may jump down my thoat about how much money I waste on parts but shuts right up when her car wont start and magically gets fixed.

for me its a no brainer to replace crappy rubber vs awesome polyurethane. a cheap mitsuboshi timing belt vs gates racing timing belt. standard oem Headgasket vs bad-azz multi-layered Headgasket. weak oem studs/bolts vs strong ARP studs/bolts...ect. none of these parts really make my car any faster nor am I trying to be a speed demon but I'd rather have quality parts that will out-last and out-perform the rest. don't get me wrong, if some douche in a mustang brown-noses my baby I don't mind putting the parts to use and teach em' a lesson every once and awhile. I'm still a guy. =P

becareful and look around before you buy that $700 dealership part. you just might find one online or localy for a fraction of the price if you look hard enough. used parts are ofcourse a gamble and situational but condition is most important. i.e what counts in a LCA is the balljoint and integrity of the arm. if the balljoint is good just replace the bushings with poly's NOT oem as the oem will just crap out again like you mentioned. doing this you saved some money and it's now better than before.
Also in agreement here, thats why the first thing i did when i got the car was do the timing belt and tensioner, water pump hoses...

then come to find out my serpentine belt split (had to change) and my rad was not leaking but not good either (that was changed)

i am in full maintenance mode, everything to make sure the car runs another 20 years. i think the LCA itself was fine they looked it over just the bushings. the issue is he can get something aftermarket and it would cost less to replace the lca with work than just the 2 bushings. so as long as the bushings are not life threatening i have to live with it.
Old 10-14-13, 12:15 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xshurikx
Also in agreement here, thats why the first thing i did when i got the car was do the timing belt and tensioner, water pump hoses...

then come to find out my serpentine belt split (had to change) and my rad was not leaking but not good either (that was changed)

i am in full maintenance mode, everything to make sure the car runs another 20 years. i think the LCA itself was fine they looked it over just the bushings. the issue is he can get something aftermarket and it would cost less to replace the lca with work than just the 2 bushings. so as long as the bushings are not life threatening i have to live with it.
it was much easier and cheaper to buy in bulk, and get new lca's, the bushings are difficult to remove and install.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyota Equivalent?