SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Finally scored some MKIV CHROME TT wheels !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-13, 07:59 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Finally scored some MKIV CHROME TT wheels !!!

Like the title states, I finally found some local, well one state over. After he sent me some pictures of them, I fell in love. He wanted my Axxis 19's pretty bad, and I wanted a set of these for over five years now. My rear tires are brand new, less than 500 miles. He did tell me that they need tires, but I have the hook up on tires... I should pick them up next week. I am fortunate enough to have the Axxis as an extra set, and I can still rock the G35's when I want a change up.. I think with these installed and new rubber, the ride will be much smoother. I think I will run something like 275/40/17 in rear and maybe 245/45/17 in front. I am still undecided on how much spacer I need to run, so this is where you all come in. He currently has them on a 25mm spacer upfront, but I think it is too much IMO, and no spacers for the rear. So if anyone is rocking these, what tire sizes and spacers are you using? Remember I have a boosted SC, so I rather not use any extended studs. I have already ordered the new Lexus chrome center caps for them. Thank you goes out to drifterx27. I appreciate all the answers. If you have these, post up some pictures from the rear and side, and tire sizes.. Much is appreciated.

Here is what they look like on his car. I was really surprised of how these looked...

Only two little blemishes, but ZERO curb rash from what I can tell..
Old 10-11-13, 08:05 PM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking great!!!
Old 10-11-13, 08:11 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Thanks man. I will post them up mounted on my car, as soon as my center caps come in and get a chance to get some new rubber on them. I just cant believe how well these look in the photos. I am wondering how I can stop and/or minimize the rust coming through in those small spots. I don't want it to continue. I am hoping to pick these by Tuesday the latest.
Old 10-11-13, 09:08 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i run 275/40/17 and 245/40/17 in the front
Old 10-11-13, 09:32 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

great pick-up. on my supra wheels i ran the exact sizes you originally figured. the 275/40 and 245/45 match each other and the stock rolling diameter perfectly.

one question though. Whats wrong with extended studs? I also have a boosted sc, and i have Ichiba 10mm spacers all around, and i have extended studs installed because i figured it would be much better then not running extended studs...

Last edited by myLEXsc400; 10-11-13 at 09:32 PM. Reason: mis print
Old 10-11-13, 09:43 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I also had the same ones and size installed. The problem lied when I kept finding loose lug nuts on my G35s. One time I found 3 loose and one completely gone on the same wheel. That's where my vibration came from. From then on I was really scared on running them anymore. I also torqued them down to 85-90 foot pounds. Maybe I was doing something completely wrong. What does these look like w/o spacers? That's what I was after. I really cant find any with very specific info I am looking for. I really could use some pictures from the rear and sides...

I want to have everything here or at least on the way when I pick these up. Much abliged.
Old 10-11-13, 11:47 PM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should definitely run extended studs if you use spacers
Old 10-12-13, 12:03 AM
SCstone
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweeet! those un-badged caps are a cool. are they metal?

you can use some white rogue then jewelers compounds on cotton polish wheels will knock those scratches and rust off and have them looking brand new and polished! if you don't have a air compressor they have kits for drills and dremels too. another upside is you can use them to cut/polish steel/aluminum for other uses other than wheels. I like and use eastwoods stuff when I can but i'm sure you can get a similar kit from northern/H-F..ect.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-buffing-kit.html

After polishing use some anti-rust wax/gel also can be acquired at Eastwood/Northern/H-F. BUT if you can find some "Bullfrog Heavy Duty Rust Blocker" you'll never see rust again! ...until you polish again then just reapply. boaters use it so you know its some serious stuff. i got a few cans of it years ago and its like gold. I bet the Bull Frog Rust Remover is good too but never used it before because i use other removers i'd still try it if i could get some.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bullf...ge-BFRB16.html

Last edited by SCstone; 10-12-13 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-12-13, 12:07 AM
nlc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwin
i run 275/40/17 and 245/40/17 in the front
same here on my tt's and it rides perfect..Good find ive been lookin for a set of decent chrome for a while now..everyone wants too much though.
Old 10-12-13, 04:40 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats mark! If you are not slammed, I think TTs look fine without spacers. I ran 285s on the rear of mine and they fit perfectly. Check my old build thread for pics at stock height and with 285s. I think Omar also has some pics of his white beast on TTs with stock suspension.
Old 10-12-13, 04:47 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is mine at stock height. You could drop the car some without getting too much of a sunken look. Just my opinion mark, but I hate spacers with a passion. It is such a bandaid, and a potential point of failure on a high hp car. Not a good idea IMO.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6604426-post112.html
Old 10-12-13, 07:03 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I also want to stay away from spacers. I just have had bad luck. I think this is also a huge contributor to my wheel bearing going bad with extra stress. Might be coincidence. I dont know. I will check the threads out folks. I have removed several scratches from polish and metal but not chrome. Besides the above polishing stuff is there something I can buy over the counter? Maybe I should cancel my order of new caps until I see what I can do for tbe ones he has already. I like the idea of 285's better than 275's. Maybe I can go with a 285/35 instead of a 275/40.
Old 10-12-13, 07:04 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I am on Esplier springs in front and Eibach in rears. Nice touch for lowering. I dont like the slammed look at all. I am too old for that... lol
Old 10-12-13, 08:11 AM
SexCoupe
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

are your fenders rolled mark?
Old 10-12-13, 08:45 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The TT wheels without spacers look very sunk. I hated how they looked on my car. Here are a couple old pics off my phone

Finally scored some MKIV CHROME TT wheels !!!-sunk1.jpg

Finally scored some MKIV CHROME TT wheels !!!-sunk2.jpg

Man, now you have me worried about my car. I had no choice but to run spacers with my wheels because my LM reps wouldn't clear my BBK

Quick Reply: Finally scored some MKIV CHROME TT wheels !!!