SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

messed up my sc400 today :,(

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 10:36 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4o0
dont make me drive down there young man!!!
dude chill you get butt hurt so easily.
Old 10-14-13, 11:13 PM
Natey2
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tenac2215
That's what I'm hoping. I'm really bummed about the whole thing, I just hope it can be repaired. I probably will buy it back if they do total it anyway though.
When my ES300 got totaled https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7812454-post9.html I felt the same way and was unhappy to learn that I had to go look for another car. After test driving some (including BMW & Benz), I bought an LS430, and I'm much happier with it now.
I probably would never have bought an LS if my ES was still fine...

Sent from an Android device using IB Automotive Group forum reader.
Old 10-15-13, 04:33 AM
tenac2215
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want the stock bumpers, it doesn't really matter what they're made out of
Old 10-15-13, 08:45 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tenac2215
I want the stock bumpers, it doesn't really matter what they're made out of
no im saying the pricing varies depending if you want oem or aftermarket.
Old 10-15-13, 08:47 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
dude chill you get butt hurt so easily.
dude you dont have a car
Old 10-15-13, 12:28 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC4o0
dude you dont have a car
that has nothing to do with anything in this thread.

sorry for threadjack OP, I recommend you to just look for 97 front if you're replacing bumpers, unless you still like the pre 97 look. all up to you, OEM will always fit better than anything else, food for thought.
Old 10-15-13, 12:49 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

you guys are silly =P easy sc4o0, or paulo's goanna pop up one day with a 97 5spd. haha

I've delt with worse damage. all that can easily be fixed and the sad thing is the insurance company would total it. the rear bumper, front bumper,hood and support could easily be replaced from a parts car. don't "bend" the support back it's damaged and has lost its integrity bend it back will just make it worse. that all unbolts and you can just repace it with a un-damaged one. if the replacements are a different color just paint them the color of your car a paint shop wont charge much to do some bumpers and a hood compared to a whole car. as for the exhaust nows the chance for an upgrade >=) rumble rumble

hands down you should keep the car and take the money they offer, you could easily fix the damages and have some money in your pocket.

Last edited by SCstone; 10-15-13 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-15-13, 01:15 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SCstone
you guys are silly =P easy sc4o0, or paulo's goanna pop up one day with a 97 5spd. haha

I've delt with worse damage. all that can easily be fixed and the sad thing is the insurance company would total it. the rear bumper, front bumper,hood and support could easily be replaced from a parts car. don't "bend" the support back it's damaged and has lost its integrity bend it back will just make it worse. that all unbolts and you can just repace it with a un-damaged one. if the replacements are a different color just paint them the color of your car a paint shop wont charge much to do some bumpers and a hood compared to a whole car. as for the exhaust nows the chance for an upgrade >=) rumble rumble

hands down you should keep the car and take the money they offer, you could easily fix the damages and have some money in your pocket.

That rad support unbolts?! O___O maybe if i had taken my bumper off i would have seen that! it looked like it was one piece!!! but my frame rail is still bent on the passenger side :/ but this is great to know!!! and I actually am looking for a 98+ right now because I want to get atleast 25mpg,
Old 10-15-13, 02:19 PM
SCstone
Pole Position

I just went out to my SC and looked. the support seems to wrap around and NOT just bolt off. i'm shocked. i've never seen a car that the front supports don't just come off.

I aplologize for wrong info I was going by a picture in my head where there are bolts by where the quarter panel bolts up to under the hood to remove the supports. i'm amazed toyota designed it without a front end collision in mind. i've done this countless times with other cars/trucks. nice catch Paulo. now i'm terrified. theres still a chance it comes off somehow i'll have to look more into it. anyone shine some light on this?
Old 10-15-13, 02:26 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Having seen the pics now, it doesn't look too bad? If you're able to do some work, I'd keep the car and pick up a few used parts, and of course replace the core support...and continue on with the build. either way, GL and keep us posted.

steve
Old 10-17-13, 04:34 AM
tenac2215
Pit Crew

Well, to my suprise, they didn't total it! They said it's about 3000 worth of damage, but they valued the car at a little over 7000! So pretty good news! I just need to find a body shop to do the work now, an I might have to get a hold of parts myself. But Needless to say, I'm pretty happy!
Old 10-17-13, 02:23 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

let us know how much Insurance is giving you, if enough you can scoop up parts from here for stupid cheap and maybe even go full 97 aero or a new kit if you want, and still save some cash and spend it on some other goodies!

Scstone, no worries! yeah i thought it was a bolt on piece too but the closer i looked it's just painted black and in one piece so i was like man id have to cut and weld a new piece on :/ also this front support isnt that strong as i noticed when i tried hammering it back straight.
Old 10-17-13, 02:26 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCstone

lol paulo is the man!!! but he needs to respect his elders
Old 10-17-13, 02:29 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

yea ive never seen a boltable front end, that would be kool though, 7000$ total from insurance! id put it towards the cla250 lol
Old 10-17-13, 02:33 PM
tenac2215
Pit Crew

I prefer the pre facelift bumpers, so I'm gonna stick with them. There's a guy on craigslist I found who has a graveyard of SC's and I can get bumpers from him real cheap!

Quick Reply: messed up my sc400 today :,(