SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

aftermarket amp stnd sub

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13, 02:27 AM
aubergine
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default aftermarket amp stnd sub

hi so i ripped my tape deck out and replaced it with a bluetooth cd aux head unit .under the EMV ( amp s cd tape nav not working ) i want to keep stock speakers but need an amp to run the rear sub seperatly is it 2 ohm if so would i be able to put a 2 channel and wire it to the sub?
Old 10-01-13, 03:34 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im tryna install my double din too, i got an amp but i cant figure out where to run the wires, i was just gunna follow the oem wires and match them. my stock speakers blew so i cant use those i hope yours are good.
Old 10-01-13, 04:25 AM
SCstone
Pole Position

search feature is your friend if not theres always your buddy google or his friend bing kick it oldschool with yahoo...

your question is confusing so i skipped to the last part. ya got the nak or pioneer? nak is 5 pioneer is 1 for ohm. it also states it on the speaker like most speakers do... not sure why you would need to wire the sub/amp seperatly as it has its own amp....but the oem speakers are pretty crappy not built for fancy 2 channel stuff. they blow pretty easy as is... you already switched the head unit now its time to switch speakers. if you want the sub in the same spot make sure it's a free air sub...
Old 10-01-13, 04:35 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCstone
search feature is your friend if not theres always your buddy google or his friend bing kick it oldschool with yahoo...

your question is confusing so i skipped to the last part. ya got the nak or pioneer? nak is 5 pioneer is 1 for ohm. it also states it on the speaker like most speakers do... not sure why you would need to wire the sub/amp seperatly as it has its own amp....but the oem speakers are pretty crappy not built for fancy 2 channel stuff. they blow pretty easy as is... you already switched the head unit now its time to switch speakers. if you want the sub in the same spot make sure it's a free air sub...
ive never heard of "a free air sub" what is that and im installing my alpine in no problem, i used the factory brackets and housing, the only difference is the wiring.
Old 10-01-13, 05:34 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aubergine
hi so i ripped my tape deck out and replaced it with a bluetooth cd aux head unit .under the EMV ( amp s cd tape nav not working ) i want to keep stock speakers but need an amp to run the rear sub seperatly is it 2 ohm if so would i be able to put a 2 channel and wire it to the sub?
You can run a separate amp for the sub. If you have a 2 ohm sub, then this means you had a Nakamachi sound system. All you have to do is follow the diagram listed below. I would cut the wires going into the amplifier in the trunk that leads to the sub. Then use the these factory wires to the new amplifier. Trigger the new amp on by the new headunit, and ground it somewhere in the trunk. Make sure to scrape the paint off the body before using any ground wire.

http://www.lextreme.com/Lexradiowcd.pdf