SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Oem Keyless Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-13, 07:13 PM
sunami02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oem Keyless Help!!!

Hey, i have a 95 sc400. My interior trunk unlocks works/ pop trunk open.
but the remote button doesn't? I held the button down enough that It beeps. but it doesn't pops open the trunk.
Old 09-02-13, 09:12 PM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

Ironically, my trunk also doesn't open
Old 09-02-13, 10:13 PM
sunami02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MajorSloMo
Ironically, my trunk also doesn't open
Okay, well atleast I'm not alone on this.

Hopefully someone able to help.
Old 09-03-13, 05:45 PM
MajorSloMo
Rookie

yeah man I know there's a DIY on here on how to fix the supports that keep the trunk up. Maybe there will be something about the trunk the release button too
Old 09-04-13, 04:09 PM
sunami02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MajorSloMo
yeah man I know there's a DIY on here on how to fix the supports that keep the trunk up. Maybe there will be something about the trunk the release button too

DIY section? Well I tried the search on here, but nothing really ?

Somebody???
Old 09-11-13, 09:32 PM
sunami02
Driver School Candidate

Bump!!! anyone!!!??
Old 09-12-13, 06:09 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lol good luck. really the only way if your lock doesn't work would be to get a Snap on Pump bag and try and pop the lock that way. Otherwise breaking your tail like with the lock mechanism or cutting your trunk out
Old 12-18-13, 01:10 PM
sunami02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
lol good luck. really the only way if your lock doesn't work would be to get a Snap on Pump bag and try and pop the lock that way. Otherwise breaking your tail like with the lock mechanism or cutting your trunk out
No, My interior trunk release toggle works!!!! but my remote (FOB KEYLESS) doesn't!!!

When I press the button, the car beeps comes on! but truck doesn't?
Old 12-18-13, 02:06 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I have a 95 sc300, and I can tell you I have the original key which is an older style of key with only a single button on the side, and the valet key has no button on it at all. basically no trunk release on the key at all.
I don't think the 3 button lexus key with the trunk release came out till a later year at least on the 300 unless the 400 is special and got it early.
are you sure you have the original key?

there was some conversion kit for the 1 button to 3 button floating around which required wiring a module in the trunk but its not very common and you would prob know if you bought it or not. It is possible for a previous owner to have installed one, then you will have to find the module and check the wiring.

If you are talking about a button on an aftermarket alarm system, it could just be not wired up to the trunk even though the beep is responding to the remote when you press it.
Old 12-18-13, 02:29 PM
10thMtnLex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I too have '95 SCs (3&4), and I have to concur w/ Ali, as far as I am aware the original remote Key has no function to open the trunk (remotely). Not holding the button or double push, simply doesn't do that. Same way it only unlocks both doors (no single for driver, double for both). It is just lock / unlock both doors all or nothing. I did recently come to find that if the front hood is not latched, the key will remotely unlock the doors but not lock them (although you can always manually lock w/ the lood unlatched... Just another 2 cents

Bestest!
Old 12-19-13, 06:54 PM
xshurikx
Driver

Thats interesting does anyone know if there is a trunk release on those keys? As far as supports go ebay 26bucks will get you supports that work really well. Its the 11.4 inch in expanded length not the 14in. 1 screw and it pops off and you are good to go.
Old 12-20-13, 11:16 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

I have a 96 SC300 which has a seperate key fob from the key and it has the trunk pop button.However it never worked well have to be very close to the car for it to work. I just installed a Viper keyless remote system right where the oem keyless modue is and everything now works great. Can now lock/unlock door and trunk from 100 feet away. Factory alarm still works like it should to. Paid $55. for it off eBay.Model 5103 I think.
Old 12-24-13, 11:11 AM
sunami02
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BiGEZ
I have a 96 SC300 which has a seperate key fob from the key and it has the trunk pop button.However it never worked well have to be very close to the car for it to work. I just installed a Viper keyless remote system right where the oem keyless modue is and everything now works great. Can now lock/unlock door and trunk from 100 feet away. Factory alarm still works like it should to. Paid $55. for it off eBay.Model 5103 I think.
Do you have a Pics of this set up ? ( since you installed it and the original locations ? I'm leaning towards this idea...

Guys,

I have the 3 button FOB ( original or not ) my lock and unlock works well. and when I press/ hold the trunk button. the car receive that signal, and confirms it by beeping. but it just won;t pop open... is all.
Old 12-24-13, 12:08 PM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Where in GA are you? I hooked up the lock/unlock and trunk pop wires at the stock alarm module plus the 12 volt + and the ground. Works great, the factory alarm still works as it should. All you are doing is replacing the oem keyless system. Check out 12volt.com they have the wires color codes and location for the SC.
Old 12-24-13, 12:57 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

the older cars may not have the trunk pop wire there conveniently. if you are 96+ with the new remote then yeah.
OP has still not told us if its an original looking one or not. maybe a picture and we can tell you.

Quick Reply: Oem Keyless Help!!!