SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Velocityball's annual check in. Now with Wide Body and 345 rear tires!

Old 07-30-13, 04:12 PM
VelocityBall
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocityball's annual check in. Now with Wide Body and 345 rear tires!

Lots of things have happened since my last post. All the mechanical issues have been remedied and the widebody, cf doors and trunk, new wheels with 345 mickey T's, and the recaro seats have been installed. Mad props to Darin @ Double D Tuning who squeezed 903whp out of the 71mm turbo and straightened out all of the issues from the car being with "The Idiots That Always Neglect" their customers. Also have to give the same to Doug Gibson at Coastal Motorsports for the incredible custom work getting the widebody stuff on the car properly and trimmed out. He also chased down some electrical gremlins, fixed them, and made a very nice center console for my tablet pc

Here are some pics of the bodywork and the final product. I plan on making my own headlights and adjusting the hood fitment, as I am not satisfied with either.
The SCupra is now back in TN. I'll be coming for some O.L.T. lighting soon!

https://picasaweb.google.com/1074032...talMotorsports

https://picasaweb.google.com/1074032...tRodsUnlimited

https://picasaweb.google.com/1074032...303297/SCupra#

Velocityball's annual check in. Now with Wide Body and 345 rear tires!-velocityballclresize3.jpg
Velocityball's annual check in. Now with Wide Body and 345 rear tires!-velocityballclresize.jpg
Velocityball's annual check in. Now with Wide Body and 345 rear tires!-clresize1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Velocityball's annual check in. Now with Wide Body and 345 rear tires!-clresize3.jpg   Velocityball's annual check in. Now with Wide Body and 345 rear tires!-clresize2.jpg  

Last edited by VelocityBall; 07-30-13 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-30-13, 04:37 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, nice job. Congrats on getting her back on the road.
Old 07-30-13, 05:42 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Shane I was going to text you last week and see if you had fallen into a hole and dissapeared. Lol. Glad to see you're still at it. I gotta go for a ride in that one day.
Old 07-30-13, 05:44 PM
VelocityBall
Driver

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Shane I was going to text you last week and see if you had fallen into a hole and dissapeared. Lol. Glad to see you're still at it. I gotta go for a ride in that one day.
Ha! I fell into a BMW e39 M5 hole... I need to come see you about the ac lighting soon and we can go for a ride!
Attached Thumbnails Velocityball's annual check in. Now with Wide Body and 345 rear tires!-img_0496.jpg  
Old 07-30-13, 05:52 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

That thing was brutally bright last i saw it. Hope he did it right when he wired it.
Old 07-30-13, 05:55 PM
VelocityBall
Driver

He did. Need to let you look at the dimming function.
Old 07-30-13, 06:36 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats some nice body work! I like it but something is throwing it off for me, i think its the headlights and highbeams.
Old 07-30-13, 06:47 PM
VelocityBall
Driver

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Thats some nice body work! I like it but something is throwing it off for me, i think its the headlights and highbeams.
I agree. I am not satisfied with them. I have the oem lights and some acura projectors lying around. I will be working on some new lights for it soon. However, they will still be painted the same color as the car.
Velocityball's annual check in. Now with Wide Body and 345 rear tires!-velocityballclresize2.jpg
Old 07-30-13, 10:52 PM
durps
Lead Lap

Niceeee! Cant wait to see a time slip
Old 07-31-13, 07:09 AM
VelocityBall
Driver

Originally Posted by durps
Niceeee! Cant wait to see a time slip
As long as the weather stays dry, I should have one in a couple weeks. I only get one chance usually because I don't have a cage.
Old 07-31-13, 10:32 AM
2jzmk3
Driver School Candidate

Mad props to Darin @ Double D Tuning who squeezed 903whp out of the 71mm turbo and straightened out all of the issues from the car being with "The Idiots That Always Neglect" their customers.

I always find this funny when you say things like this... The idiots that screwed up the wiring, you would think you would never have them touch the car again, yet the exact same person who worked on it then, is working on it now. So just think of how you word it. i understand you are mad at Nero for whatever you reasons are. But the facts dont lie boss. Darin/John worked on you car at Titan, Darin/John worked on your car at DD. same two people working on the car and you are saying the outcome is different because......

Props to doug, he is awesome, he does fantastic work and he does everything for all my cars/trucks.

And darin has always been great at what he does.

SC looks awesome with that rear tire. Glad you finally have it back home, and can finally enjoy it, i was begining to think you never wanted it back. it was here, then dougs, then darins, then the paint, then darins then dougs, lol
Old 07-31-13, 10:44 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very Nice....The bodywork looks great as well as the tablet/console. Incredible numbers too
Old 07-31-13, 11:01 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

Nice build man! I really like that wide body.
Old 07-31-13, 11:47 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Originally Posted by 2jzmk3
I always find this funny when you say things like this... The idiots that screwed up the wiring, you would think you would never have them touch the car again, yet the exact same person who worked on it then, is working on it now. So just think of how you word it. i understand you are mad at Nero for whatever you reasons are. But the facts dont lie boss. Darin/John worked on you car at Titan, Darin/John worked on your car at DD. same two people working on the car and you are saying the outcome is different because......

Props to doug, he is awesome, he does fantastic work and he does everything for all my cars/trucks.

And darin has always been great at what he does.

SC looks awesome with that rear tire. Glad you finally have it back home, and can finally enjoy it, i was begining to think you never wanted it back. it was here, then dougs, then darins, then the paint, then darins then dougs, lol
Management is everything. Just clearing management out of a business and replacing the brass with good people makes the whole thing work.
Old 07-31-13, 12:14 PM
golf007
Driver

like the way u re locate the ac control unit , looking good n i love the white color

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Velocityball's annual check in. Now with Wide Body and 345 rear tires!