SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Random Positive Gestures From Random People When Driving Your SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-13, 06:10 PM
2o7SC3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the local drag track a few months back I happen to return to my car to find some tool leaning against it telling these two girls he was with all about my car, and seeing as it's a factory 5, how he had swapped in a "supra transmission" and done this and that mod. He kept up his act until I quietly walked up, unlocked the car, and leaned in to grab my sweatshirt. Needless to say the surprised expression on his face was priceless. I'll take it as a compliment though
Old 08-01-13, 06:11 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was recently at my storage unit where my car is currently torn apart to get rebuilt, and one of the managers was on a golf cart patrolling around, and he stops at my unit, and asks "is that a Lexus?" Mind you my wheels and tires are off, the front bumper is off, so there is no emblem, and it's on jacks. I proceeded to tell him it's an SC300, and he interrupts me telling me that they share the same chassis as a Supra. I'm just sitting there dumbfounded because this guy seems to know his stuff. Really cool guy, even asked if it was JZ swapped and what my plans for the car were.

Last edited by Toyboxx; 08-01-13 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-05-13, 05:54 PM
roc
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

the other day the elderly couple in my building parked next to me in the garage,all of a sudden the old lady probably around 70-75ish said "nice set of wheels you got there",i started to crack up
Old 08-05-13, 11:16 PM
Uhhhsc300
Rookie

It's funny that there is a thread like this because I have never had these things happen to me till I got my sc, and I've had some what I think to be pretty nice cars 240 Silvia and whatever. Me and my wife were sitting in my car out front of a sandwich shop eating and a older guy walks out see's my sc, and stops and walks over to ask me what kind of car and what year my car was, and say its a good lookin car lol. Then I'm driving over the pass and I stop at a store for a drink, and as I'm walking to biker guys stop me just to say they like my car, and ask what year it is. Nobody ever thinks an sc is as old as they are and mines a 93. Sc's apparently get alot of attention lol
Old 08-07-13, 06:37 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

have customers at work always asking me about my car, they're liking it and sometimes ask what year and when i tell them its a 93 they are impressed. I also went to a meet last sunday, i got attention that i didn't even think i deserved one bit. Again complimented about how clean the paint was and also got a lot of "are you on bags" questions asked too.
Old 08-11-13, 02:12 PM
CleanSC3
Driver School Candidate

My car gets a lot of looks and I've been asked by several strangers if I want to sell it. I love the car but don't like the attention.
Old 08-11-13, 03:21 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanSC3
My car gets a lot of looks and I've been asked by several strangers if I want to sell it. I love the car but don't like the attention.
What attention? A lot of people don't even know the model of this car anymore, which is exactly the reason why I made this thread to see what kind of people does this car still attract.
Old 08-13-13, 04:03 PM
Tommy150
Rookie

The first like 15 minutes of purchasing my SC i went to fill it up and some guy at the gas station just couldn't get his eyes off of it and was like NICE CAR! i was like thanks! It was just awesome.