SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

You let your girlfriend or wife drive your SC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-13, 05:39 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't even own one. My gf has to let me drive her 1j/r154/holset/emanage 92 factory 5spd to get a lexus fix, but I try to avoid that because she doesn't wanna give up my cressida when it's over.

edit: and she's on a 6 puck extreme with 1pc shaft, and now 3.90s since a couple weeks ago she grenaded the ****ing awesome 4.08 diff. Which was my fault, saw the seepage and ignored it.

Last edited by Vrank; 07-03-13 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-03-13, 06:34 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

I make mine drive me around in it all the time. She hates it, lol.
Old 07-03-13, 07:13 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrank
I don't even own one. My gf has to let me drive her 1j/r154/holset/emanage 92 factory 5spd to get a lexus fix, but I try to avoid that because she doesn't wanna give up my cressida when it's over.

edit: and she's on a 6 puck extreme with 1pc shaft, and now 3.90s since a couple weeks ago she grenaded the ****ing awesome 4.08 diff. Which was my fault, saw the seepage and ignored it.
Is she permanently band now or what???
Old 07-03-13, 07:57 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I was thinking on the way home this morning. You know come to think about it, my wife has never driven my SC since I tore it apart and now have boost. She does rag me about it, but I intentionally tell her how hard the Stage 4 clutch is, and she couldn't handle it and keep it from stalling. Like she knows what Stage 4 means anyway. She drove it a few times before the build but NEVER since then. I would honestly be afraid she would curb a rim or tire, or more so wreck it.

Do you let your wife or girlfriend drive your SC?

Let the story telling begin.
I use the same excuse! She has a pretty weak leg as it is, and can barely handle driving her Si in traffic without her leg shaking. I did however have her move it from the driveway into the garage, and she had a hell of a time. IF I let her drive it again it would probably be only on the highway where she doesn't have to use the clutch often. I'm a little leery on letting her drive it after the new single setup. Especially since the fastest car she has ever owned is her current Si. She LOVES boost, but I'm afraid she doesn't grasp the concept of it, and will end up going around a corner and giving it to much throttle and injure herself and other motorist. However she has been begging me to sign her up for some Auto X events, so maybe after she learns some car control I MIGHT let her drive it after the single swap.
Old 07-03-13, 11:46 PM
wrivera283
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
No, and honestly it's not because of her driving skills. It's more or less for my wifes safety. I have no driver airbag, front driver side tire loses 5lbs of pressure every other day, the steering is loose like a **** star, the car continues to move a few inches at a full stop, it shakes and rattles at 65+mph, the subframe is completely rusted, and it has no A/C to help defrost the windows in extremely humid rainy days. That's all I can think of now.
I always wondered why your sig said an SC is like a hot girl with herpes...

Oh.. and yes I have my girlfriend drive when I'm feeling lazy... but I freak out when she parks against a curb.
Old 07-04-13, 05:36 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Nope 1jzP, it was my fault for ignoring a leak. I did have to ban her from my sportcross though. She ****ed it up twice in a walmart. And a rare *** wheel I waited for from japan the first day at the bank. But she bought her swap, her car, i can't say **** about it.
Old 07-04-13, 06:58 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Originally Posted by Vrank
Nope 1jzP, it was my fault for ignoring a leak. I did have to ban her from my sportcross though. She ****ed it up twice in a walmart. And a rare *** wheel I waited for from japan the first day at the bank. But she bought her swap, her car, i can't say **** about it.
Don't ignore the leak next time. Till then, its ok to blame it on her...
Old 07-04-13, 11:16 AM
1of120
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes I do. I taught my wife how to drive mine(5 speed) but she thinks it's too much work so she doesn't care too much for it. There's just something about it when someone drives my car. I now get to see the beauty that everyone else sees when I'm driving it. Thinking to myself, "man that's a nice car!"
Old 07-04-13, 04:43 PM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fiance definitely is allowed to drive any of my beasts... Especially when she puts in work

Before

After

Old 07-04-13, 06:58 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Just purely awesome man. I have had the wifey out there turning a few turbo bolts. This is only because I had a set of extra medical gloves to keep her nails clean. I don't know if it is still worthy to allow the feeling of boost under her foot..
Old 07-04-13, 08:07 PM
golf007
Driver

I let my wife drove my sc one time n she broke the font li of the car LOL girl can't drive lower car for real !
Old 07-05-13, 06:38 AM
snomanlex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This a good thread. As far as letting my wife drive the SC she drove my last 5spd with a Stage 4 6 puck clutch and around 500whp. She loved it and I had fun being driven around. She drives 5spd very well. I'm still trying to get her to race it on the track. I showed her how to do a burnout and she was pumped. We were in an industrial park and she would stop every few hundred feet and leave one hahahah. Gotta love good clutches
Old 07-05-13, 06:41 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

My wife would not drive my SC at all. I forced her to drive it once and she never got back in it, hates it. Hell, she would not even drive my 01 GS300 which is stock and drives flawlessly.
I do not let anyone drive my SC anyway.
Old 07-05-13, 06:47 AM
xiaolong
Driver

All I can say is this; When I first saw this thread I laughed out loud and said "f no!". To which my wife says "what?". "nothing", I say. Nothing.
Old 07-05-13, 08:05 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I just love the comments. So many meanings of how not to let the wife or GF drive our beloved SC's.

and I thought this thread would be a dead one w/o any participation. LOL

Quick Reply: You let your girlfriend or wife drive your SC?