Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Any more ideas?
Old 05-03-15, 11:35 AM
Toysled
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adding 2 more to my list:

Gas cap with a built in retaining cord (so it does not keep falling when filling up)

Center console without a radio power/volume switch (aftermarket radio installed and that switch is useless) will remove switch and wrap trim in future.
Old 05-03-15, 05:46 PM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more headroom. I have to take my hat off every time I drive. im gunna ditch my leather seats and put racing buckets in, that should give me an inch or so. other than that. she's great...... mostly.
Old 05-04-15, 02:07 AM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ems
more headroom. I have to take my hat off every time I drive. im gunna ditch my leather seats and put racing buckets in, that should give me an inch or so. other than that. she's great...... mostly.
Swap in some supra seats. Creates so much more room. It's actually the best mod I've done.
Old 05-04-15, 05:53 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah my silver sc300 is sooo much better now that I don't have the factory seats in it, there's tons more headroom, plus sc300 seats are heavy as Hell I've swapped three sets of seats and it baffles me why these seats weigh so much.
Old 05-05-15, 12:57 AM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Auto close on the doors and pull down for the trunk if you gently latch it. Acura Legend coupes had the pull shut doors in them so it was not asking the impossible in this price class for the time.

One touch moonroof would have been good. The passenger window should also have had an express down feature like newer cars where it is "all auto" marked on the driver's master switch panel.

They should have put in an oil pressure and temp gauge.

The center arm rest should have been placed as to not have the driver put his elbow exactly on the top stitching to wear it away.

The glove box should have had a damper so the door does not crash down if you do not lower it all of the way manually.

The doors should have had a red safety light near the latch mechanism to alert other drivers of a parked car with an open door at night. The puddle light at the front of the door panel is not noticeable from the rear of the car.

The cig lighter and ashtray lights should have been switched by the door to shut off when the door is closed.

They should have put an additional 12 volt power port somewhere in the passenger footwell where it was not really seen to run a radar detector instead of having the ashtray open to do it.

The visor mirror lights should have not looked so economy car like with dollar store looking lens' in them. Use a lens similar to the dome light.

The trunk light also sucks in the SC. They should have had 2 lights that are not so cheap looking in there.

The nets on the seats should have been pockets instead.

The biggest blunder on the SC3 was running the air intake ducting over the exhaust manifold where it constantly cooks in the heat. They should have come up with something to keep the ducting on the cold side of the engine with a different intake manifold design similar to the turbo cars.

Stock electric fans would have been nice. The fan shroud would have been eliminated and opened up a lot of space. The mechanical fan also slightly eats up engine power.

Just use plain clamps on the heater valve and do not make it a PITA to deal with.
Old 05-06-15, 07:58 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 482 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by joe diego
Swap in some supra seats. Creates so much more room. It's actually the best mod I've done.
Me 2 Luv my seats

Other cars have it, but SC's don't....... and you want it-pict0574.jpg
Old 05-07-15, 06:12 PM
lownfastsc
Rookie

My sc has more than I need from the factory. Probably not what your looking for in this thread but its true. Anyone else feel the same?
Old 05-07-15, 07:51 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 482 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by lownfastsc
My sc has more than I need from the factory. Probably not what your looking for in this thread but its true. Anyone else feel the same?
Yeh me: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...wanna-run.html
Old 05-08-15, 05:01 AM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ambiance lighting
Old 05-08-15, 08:44 AM
sunny416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by horent135
Sunroof that doesn't stop halfway!
one touch sunroof.
6 speed. (sc400 owner)
bigger cup holders! (i usually take the cup holder out and put the mug in there. super ghetto.
bigger trunk. that fuel tank should have been somewhere else.
Old 05-11-15, 09:07 AM
pulkitt
Driver School Candidate

backup camera/beeping thing, hids, airbag suspension like in those new range rovers, ls400 brakes, bigger fuel injectors, lsd, and v160s lol im dreaming
Old 05-11-15, 09:38 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

First time viewing this thread. Lots of good suggestions here.

Originally Posted by texan_176
Just use plain clamps on the heater valve and do not make it a PITA to deal with.
Holy hell, I thought I was the only person who noticed that PITA!

Originally Posted by mak89
Rear seats that fold down
Originally Posted by horent135
There no logic in that because all you will look at is ur gas tank
I've often thought it could sort of be accomplished with a horseshoe shaped tank that uses more of the space near the shock towers, allowing for a small center pass-through as well as more clearance for subwoofer depth.

Re: adaptive headlights...

Originally Posted by SC400slide
All you need to do there is flip the blinker on and the side marker lights go on, unless of course, you converted them to fogs.
Really, that's what the cornering lights do? A year later and I still hadn't figured out their purpose! Has anyone tried wiring them up to the steering input to actually be adaptive and respond to x° off-center in either direction?
Old 05-11-15, 12:21 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
Holy hell, I thought I was the only person who noticed that PITA!
The clamp fell off mine so coolant was leaking onto the exhaust and causing a big smoky mess while driving. I threw that clamp away and replaced it with a conventional screw-in clamp, as the SC should had been built with. Wonder why they made it like that...

Quick Reply: Other cars have it, but SC's don't....... and you want it