SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I'm Disappointed But My Fault For Hopes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-13, 03:09 AM
PseudoK
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait, they want you to destroy the bumper so you can be refunded?

what they dont want you to use the thing if you are refunded? or they dont want you to make any extra money back in re-selling it? how does that benefit them?
Old 07-17-13, 08:26 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PseudoK
Wait, they want you to destroy the bumper so you can be refunded?

what they don't want you to use the thing if you are refunded? or they don't want you to make any extra money back in re-selling it? how does that benefit them?
Its less expensive to have him destroy it than have it shipped back, and we don't want defective parts in circulation.

@Chai, I personally requested they have you field destroy the bumper so you could get a refund, please don't make me look stupid by refusing it.

Also,

As for ways to destroy it, here are some of the following ways people have done it before:

Chainsaw

Bat (very tiring, takes forever according to the video we received)

killing it with fire (not recommended)

Thank you,
Irving
Old 07-17-13, 10:03 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not trying to make you look stupid Irving, it's nothing personal. Even though I'm not satisfied with the bumper, I appreciate the time that went into making it (only wish it was better). But by you telling me that you personally requested this, I'll smash it today once I get off.
Old 07-17-13, 10:19 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TheAzn
Not trying to make you look stupid Irving, it's nothing personal. Even though I'm not satisfied with the bumper, I appreciate the time that went into making it (only wish it was better). But by you telling me that you personally requested this, I'll smash it today once I get off.

Thank you, and i really am sorry you had a negative experience with our parts.

Irving
Old 07-17-13, 07:55 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PseudoK
Would the credit card company even understand whats being dealt with here?

what did you end up doing with the ED kit anyways? scrap it for material?
ED wants me to Hulk Smash the bumper and send them a picture to prove it has been nuked by North Korea then they'll refund me.

For how much I will be refunded, I'll sell the bumper to anyone up to $200. It is less than what I'll be refunded, it's not about the money. But if no one local buys it by Saturday, Pres Bush would finally found the weapons of mass destruction he looked for during his presidency.

I'm looking for fun ways to destroy it. Too bad I don't live in a state where gun laws and explosives are relaxed enough. I want to mythbuster it.

Reading ED repeatedly after work (medical field) made me lol hard...pun un intended

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Its less expensive to have him destroy it than have it shipped back, and we don't want defective parts in circulation.

@Chai, I personally requested they have you field destroy the bumper so you could get a refund, please don't make me look stupid by refusing it.

Also,

As for ways to destroy it, here are some of the following ways people have done it before:

Chainsaw

killing it with fire (not recommended)

Thank you,
Irving
I get you are trying to help, but really? Was that the last bumper, or the first proto type? How are there no other examples of the quality on the streets?
Old 07-18-13, 07:40 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2jznosht
Reading ED repeatedly after work (medical field) made me lol hard...pun un intended

I get you are trying to help, but really? Was that the last bumper, or the first proto type? How are there no other examples of the quality on the streets?

I'm not sure what it is your asking, if we've sold more of these bumpers, or....?
Old 07-18-13, 04:09 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

TheAzn, you should post the pictures of the destroyed bumper on here, we'd all get a kick out of it.

I remember once, back in high school m buddy had bought a crappy head unit and after I convinced him to replace it with one that actually did what he wanted, we took his old head unit out to a field, we all dressed up business casual just like in office space and we took pickaxes, a shovel, a sledgehammer, and a machete to it. It was great fun and even a little cathartic, I still laugh everytime I see the pictures, it was a blast.
Old 07-19-13, 08:10 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

It’s true that nearly all aftermarket parts will need some kind of modification. Our pieces are hand trimmed at the factory to the best of our abilities, however it simply isn’t possible to test fit every part we manufacture on each specific vehicle. Even if we could, there are numerous circumstances that could cause the same part to fit differently on two different vehicles of the same model and year. It’s for this reason that we never advertise these parts as a direct bolt-on part, and we always recommend they be installed by professional installers with experience with aftermarket body kits.

thank you,
Irving
Extreme Dimensions
1-714-278-8000 EXT60
irvingr@extremedimensions.com
Not necessarily. I bought the Shine Auto front bumper for my SC400, and it fit PERFECT!!! I did not have to modify a single thing. It actually fit better around the high beam lights than my 20+year old STOCK LEXUS bumper did. I am more than willing to share pictures of the quality fitment this bumper has for those interested.

Yes, this front bumper alone was twice the cost of the ED bumper, but I could NOT be happier with my purchase. WELL WORTH the money spent.
Old 07-19-13, 08:12 AM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not sure what it is your asking, if we've sold more of these bumpers, or....?
Nah...we all know no one else has had issues with ill fitting gear
Old 07-19-13, 09:01 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Most issues with the lower priced kits stem back to the quality of the mold and the original casting of the mold.

Most Japanese kits have a ton of hours in R&D and modifications of the mold prior to a production mold being casted.
Old 07-19-13, 10:10 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrMark
Most issues with the lower priced kits stem back to the quality of the mold and the original casting of the mold.

Most Japanese kits have a ton of hours in R&D and modifications of the mold prior to a production mold being casted.
That's the thing. The Japanese company take the time to make sure it's as perfect as possible so when they sell it, the buyer doesn't have much "modification" to do if any. So if another company buys one authentic part to make a mold of, the copy should at least be just as good as the authentic. As good, SOME imperfection. But the whole copy being smaller, irregular, too big, bad alignment, there's no quality control/ care.

Irving, I have sent the picture to the customer service rep. Smashed the bumper yesterday. I almost passed out in the heat taking a sledgehammer to it to a point where I just threw the hammer onto the bumper repeatedly. Hot as hell...

And since I'm sharing pictures, here's one for ****:

Last edited by TheAzn; 07-19-13 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-19-13, 11:32 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Irving, I have sent the picture to the customer service rep. Smashed the bumper yesterday. I almost passed out in the heat taking a sledgehammer to it to a point where I just threw the hammer onto the bumper repeatedly. Hot as hell...

Thank you,
Irving

Was it at least hard to break?

Again, I am sorry you had a bad experience with our products.

Thank you,
Irving
Old 07-19-13, 04:11 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

It was quite durable, I'll give you that. Every time I swung the sledgehammer, certain areas the hammer will just bounce off with only putting a crack.

I'm happy with this whole case. Well, when I see the $$$ back in my account lol But like said, it's nothing personal with you, Safia or even Bryan, the one that had put the order in for me. It's
all a learning experience. Really wish the company you work for can go back to make the kit fit better.
Old 07-19-13, 06:35 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like the same quality of fitment ED sent you to begin with

Looks alot better.
Old 07-20-13, 08:06 AM
SFrymyah
Driver

ED wants me to Hulk Smash the bumper and send them a picture to prove it has been nuked by North Korea then they'll refund me.

For how much I will be refunded, I'll sell the bumper to anyone up to $200. It is less than what I'll be refunded, it's not about the money. But if no one local buys it by Saturday, Pres Bush would finally found the weapons of mass destruction he looked for during his presidency.

I'm looking for fun ways to destroy it. Too bad I don't live in a state where gun laws and explosives are relaxed enough. I want to mythbuster it.
So wait - You're destroying a bumper and still not getting a full refund? I see you've already killed it, but thats unacceptable. What a bunch of crooks
Originally Posted by Joey-E
Looks like the same quality of fitment ED sent you to begin with

Looks alot better.
Thats what i was thinking!

I nearly bought an ED bumper on craigslist last year and after seeing it in person, I was absolutely mortified. How do people like this stay in business? For every 1 person that cares whats going onto their car, there MUST BE 15 chumps that just need something quick because their stock stuff fell victim to a firetruck.

Minor trimming and shaving? Give me a damn break, that thing wasn't in the ball park of being right when it left your door and judging by the way you guys are handling this - YOU KNEW IT! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowingly sending out product that's of quality I wouldn't ever consider using on my own vehicle. I understand that a lot of aftermarket parts have to be slightly modified for fit sometimes, but I guess our deffinitions of "slight modification" is the difference in trimming a tab off and sledgehammering it into tiny bits.

Irving, it seems like you care a little about OP's problems, and that's good. Now take my advice - quit, and work for a company that takes care of their customers.

Quick Reply: I'm Disappointed But My Fault For Hopes.