SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I'm Disappointed But My Fault For Hopes.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-13, 08:18 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

I thought they would at least re imburse you some money , or offer you a swap, they clearly don't care anymore and it might be time to remove their vendor status.

I like to mess around with body work here and there but that first bumper needs more then a little trimming and shaving, it needs a whole lot of work that the average person isn't capable of.
Old 07-13-13, 01:31 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I havent sent a reply email yet. I will.

Good news I finally got my Lexi back I'm not sure whether it was the air freshener or the leather. But when I first bought the car, it has a unique smell. After four weeks being without my Lex, that smell. Definitely not a bad smell or anything, probably shouldnt say smell... scent Getting in it after four weeks, its like the first day I bought the car. It smells like tea. Maybe it is the leather. My nose got used to it, then after four weeks, it needs to get re acquainted so the scent is strong. The scent is pleasant and Lexus like lol
Old 07-13-13, 08:47 AM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering the horrid figment, extreme dimensions is actually a fitting name
Old 07-13-13, 12:27 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

they would be much better off not even cutting the headlight holes
Old 07-13-13, 02:09 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheAzn
I havent sent a reply email yet. I will.

Good news I finally got my Lexi back I'm not sure whether it was the air freshener or the leather. But when I first bought the car, it has a unique smell. After four weeks being without my Lex, that smell. Definitely not a bad smell or anything, probably shouldnt say smell... scent Getting in it after four weeks, its like the first day I bought the car. It smells like tea. Maybe it is the leather. My nose got used to it, then after four weeks, it needs to get re acquainted so the scent is strong. The scent is pleasant and Lexus like lol
I know exactly what you mean.. And I to love that unique scent..lol
(It's the leather)
Old 07-13-13, 02:33 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jznosht
Lol
Old 07-13-13, 05:19 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

lol, that's almost sig worthy
Old 07-15-13, 08:48 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Hey Chai,

Expect a phone call soon.
Old 07-15-13, 12:02 PM
chrisindub
Pole Position

Fell out of my chair laughing..................
Old 07-15-13, 12:56 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAzn
Update you guys;

I have received an email back from the customer service representative. And her answer is highly predictable. "...requires minor shavings.... minor trimmings..."

In other words, as I figured and why I'm passive on this case, I am **** out of luck on getting anything back for the **** bumper and knew it from the start.

Irving, I appreciate all of your help on this case. Same with Safia, the customer service representative. I apologize if you two may feel I am against you, but it is the company you work for.

I would appreciate it even more if I can get a simple straight answer like "you get what you paid for, **** out luck." Honest, straight to the point answers.

When Safia responded "minor shavings... minor trimmings..." I'm like no **** especially when I have heard that answer many times. The point that I am trying to make you guys see is that the amount of time and money to make that ****ing bumper fit anywhere decent, I could just buy the real deal where it doesn't require almost nothing.

There is simply no quality control. I understand you guys cannot test fit every single piece. But when the company receives many negative feedbacks and quality still doesn't improve, the company just don't give a damn. Pocket the money and nothing ever happened. And you can't argue that any more because even though I provided Safia with the same pictures that I shared here of the faulty bumper, she replies "it is not defective." So what does it mean when the authentic bumper fits perfectly, with ALL mounting holes and tabs there, sized right and everything?

It is just ridiculous.

I can't focus on this right now. I'm at work and have a wrap job to get done. Custom work where I have a level quality to assure and make sure the customer is happy or at least neutral.
if i were you i would call your credit card company and file a dispute immediately. state the item is defective along with pictures for your case. copies of emails helps as well. good luck.

i wouldnt count on ed for anything. the whole business is built upon selling shoddy knockoffs for dirt cheap.
Old 07-15-13, 02:39 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I think Kohinoor has a good point.
I think the rep's point of view is if you set the bar really really low and then remove all expectations of receiving a quality product and THEN look at the fitment again, its not as horrendous as you originally thought it was.
With taking all that into consideration it is now only somewhere between awful and marginally unacceptable, which isn't nearly as bad.
Old 07-15-13, 09:57 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eknine9
lol, that's almost sig worthy
Just saying...in my business dealings I would be ashamed if people found out I was selling such half *** products
Old 07-16-13, 07:05 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Ouch man the original pics look pretty fawkin bad man. I was considering this just for kicks as well but I need something with a better seal around the lights and hood for sure with no garage!
Old 07-16-13, 09:04 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

Would the credit card company even understand whats being dealt with here?

what did you end up doing with the ED kit anyways? scrap it for material?
Old 07-16-13, 10:10 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

ED wants me to Hulk Smash the bumper and send them a picture to prove it has been nuked by North Korea then they'll refund me.

For how much I will be refunded, I'll sell the bumper to anyone up to $200. It is less than what I'll be refunded, it's not about the money. But if no one local buys it by Saturday, Pres Bush would finally found the weapons of mass destruction he looked for during his presidency.

I'm looking for fun ways to destroy it. Too bad I don't live in a state where gun laws and explosives are relaxed enough. I want to mythbuster it.

Quick Reply: I'm Disappointed But My Fault For Hopes.