SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I'm Disappointed But My Fault For Hopes.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-13, 11:27 AM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
You might as well be fitting that to a GMC Tahoe. That's not slight gaps, that's like trying to put an S2000 bumper on an SC. Slightly misaligned, may need adjustments, Professional installation, all describe things that fit, but need to be adjusted - NOT MODIFIED to fit...... ADJUSTED. That bumper is just **** poor and flat out does not fit from any angle. Look at the high beams shape of the cutout.......
They're trying to be innovators, hybrid car concepts such as sc300/s2000 hybrids. But seriously test fitting should be a bare minimum, either on a car or having one set that is precise to match. This sucks as Lexus is pursuit of perfection and on point on panels, quality, and relaibility. I've read other complaints and always thought no biggie just some stretch and sanding... But come on! Ecspecially when they are members on this forum.
Old 06-20-13, 04:00 PM
Spumoni
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, horrible fit. Lesson learned for all of us here, don't buy something if there is no returns on it. I never buy something I can not return for refund, this is just wrong, 300$ may not be enough for top of the line ground effects but it is none the less a lot of money. However they did promise it fits, so go after them for your money men.
Old 06-20-13, 10:14 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mak89
They're trying to be innovators, hybrid car concepts such as sc300/s2000 hybrids. But seriously test fitting should be a bare minimum, either on a car or having one set that is precise to match. This sucks as Lexus is pursuit of perfection and on point on panels, quality, and relaibility. I've read other complaints and always thought no biggie just some stretch and sanding... But come on! Ecspecially when they are members on this forum.
That's what I've always thought. Some people that exaggerates a minor problem. But, with this bumper from ED I learned first hand that it's actually bogus.

Originally Posted by Spumoni
Wow, horrible fit. Lesson learned for all of us here, don't buy something if there is no returns on it. I never buy something I can not return for refund, this is just wrong, 300$ may not be enough for top of the line ground effects but it is none the less a lot of money. However they did promise it fits, so go after them for your money men.
Vertex doesn't offer refunds either.

Returns
Vertex USA will not accept any returns on any products. The only exception is the return of products that we order and/or ship in error. Please call for further details on requesting RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) numbers. No package will be accepted without an RMA number clearly written on the outside of the box.

But I am sure they will take the extra step to ensure you end up on a very good note. Especially when you're paying top dollars for something that should be top notch.
Old 06-21-13, 08:12 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

My "maiden voyage" on the body kit for my SC300 was rocky as well. After researching options, the ED kits and AIT Racing kits seem to be "middle of the road" as the Vertex prices consumed too much of my intended budget.

I wanted an AIT kit but the "newbie" person at the body shop somehow ended up with a VIS Racing kit (and no one, including me, caught the error) which is one of the brands I DID NOT want due to several factors. Fitment was one of them and both the side skits and front did not fit well at all (the rear lip was the AIT part and it fit like a glove with no mods).

I am hoping the body shop will come through on their offer to acquire an AIT front end and re-do the front bumper. They actually did the best they could but the fit is not right even after the mods/adjustments. This is holding me up for the next phases (coil overs / wheels-tires) of my journey on the car.
Old 07-10-13, 06:41 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Hey guys, to update this.

I'll be getting my car back tomorrow or Friday, YAY! It has been almost 4 weeks without my Lexi.

About ExtremeDimensions, I have not received ANY response yet except from Irving who is the ED Rep for ClubLexus.

About the legit Vertex bumper, best fitment. It is not 100% perfect, but a solid 95% but that's only from small imperfections not necessarily fitment.

Here's the REAL DEAL VERTEX

Still don't believe me?

Once I get my car back, I'll post up final pictures.
Old 07-10-13, 08:47 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Real deal is the way to go! Looks good man
Old 07-10-13, 09:13 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

OMG I think you may have just persuaded me to a Vertex Kit over an AC kit...

any other pics?
Old 07-10-13, 09:53 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Not yet, these were taken from the guy doing the work for me.

I'll take more pics when I get my car back which will be probably tomorrow (I hope) or Friday.

But DEFINITELY get the authentic Vertex parts if you want Vertex. It'll cost a lot more but in the end it's worth it. The amount of work you would have to put into a knock off to fit as good as how the authentic product fits you might have spent the equivalent amount of money on the labor when you could've saved time and buy the real deal.

When I bought my Lexi, it had all the faux Vertex stuff already installed. The previous owner told me that the body shop (Revision Auto) had the car for 6 months!!!! So my best guess they had to put work into making the knock off fit right.

You also get the paper-size Vertex decal and a 3"x1" decal from T&E for buying a legit product. Something to show off

Another thing, PseudoK, the real deal Vertex bumper you can mount in the 97+ fogs with no issue. My previous bumper which was somewhat decent but still couldn't get the fogs to sit right or even held in... The real vertex have both mounting tabs on both sides.

Last edited by TheAzn; 07-10-13 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-11-13, 07:36 AM
Answer300
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

im sorry dude but i laughed so hard on that first joint you got. but looks like you redeemed yourself with that T&E front.
Old 07-11-13, 10:37 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheAzn
Hey guys, to update this........
About Extreme Dimensions, I have not received ANY response yet except from Irving who is the ED Rep for ClubLexus.............

Hey Chai,

I had our customer service department re-email you this morning, so hopefully this issue gets resolved soon.

Thank you for PMing me to keep me in the loop, and i do hope you will continue to do so as the case progresses.

Thank you,
Irving
The following users liked this post:
LEXXIUM (04-18-17)
Old 07-11-13, 06:39 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Whoa...that original looks like it was meant for another car.
Old 07-11-13, 08:11 PM
Graymatter
Rookie

You definitely made the right choice with Vertex. Since i bought mine, no regrets. Your car looks good homie.
Old 07-12-13, 12:39 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Update you guys;

I have received an email back from the customer service representative. And her answer is highly predictable. "...requires minor shavings.... minor trimmings..."

In other words, as I figured and why I'm passive on this case, I am **** out of luck on getting anything back for the **** bumper and knew it from the start.

Irving, I appreciate all of your help on this case. Same with Safia, the customer service representative. I apologize if you two may feel I am against you, but it is the company you work for.

I would appreciate it even more if I can get a simple straight answer like "you get what you paid for, **** out luck." Honest, straight to the point answers.

When Safia responded "minor shavings... minor trimmings..." I'm like no **** especially when I have heard that answer many times. The point that I am trying to make you guys see is that the amount of time and money to make that ****ing bumper fit anywhere decent, I could just buy the real deal where it doesn't require almost nothing.

There is simply no quality control. I understand you guys cannot test fit every single piece. But when the company receives many negative feedbacks and quality still doesn't improve, the company just don't give a damn. Pocket the money and nothing ever happened. And you can't argue that any more because even though I provided Safia with the same pictures that I shared here of the faulty bumper, she replies "it is not defective." So what does it mean when the authentic bumper fits perfectly, with ALL mounting holes and tabs there, sized right and everything?

It is just ridiculous.

I can't focus on this right now. I'm at work and have a wrap job to get done. Custom work where I have a level quality to assure and make sure the customer is happy or at least neutral.
Old 07-12-13, 01:23 PM
MKIVS374
Lead Lap

Need some heat on it and make it fit. I am installing a ED's vertex replica widebody now and yes it is not that good but with hours of work mine is starting to come out very well.
Old 07-12-13, 02:57 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Told you so, stay away from Extreme Dimensions.

Quick Reply: I'm Disappointed But My Fault For Hopes.