SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So i've been thinking...... what would an SC-F look like?

Old 06-10-13, 09:10 PM
CrispyST3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i've been thinking...... what would an SC-F look like?

The main reason why i've been wondering is because my cousin is currently building his 98 toyota solara and it's going to be a monster! The thing about his Solara is that it looks like it was a Solara TRD version straight from the dealer. That was his whole approach when it came to setting up his exterior, he wanted a factory TRD look so,

I've been wondering, how would an SC-F look like, and i'm not talking just slapping some emblems on it, i mean actually having it look like lexus started the "F" line with our SC's. Emblems, rims, interior, and even engine. What would be different about the "SC-F" engine than the SC300/SC400 engines. What do you guys think would be some cool added features that would be on the SC-F, maybe a sports suspension package? Some factory 18 inch "F" wheels, or maybe even 19 inches depending on your preference, factory red leather interior? Certain specific paint that came with the SC-F,
A digital cluster? 6 speed manual transmission or 6 speed auto with paddle shifters or tip tronic.

Below is my attempt at trying to make an SC-F emblem lol, i know somebody can make a better looking one but it was worth a shot

Any other ideas?

Some more about my cousins Solara:

At first my cousin just had a supercharger and some other mods and he was making 290 to the wheels with that bad girl. It was a pretty fast solara. The day he told me he got it a few years back as his first car all i remember thinking was, "A SOLARA???? WHYYYYY?????"

well he sure proved me wrong because not only was that thing fast! His exterior looked amazing, he put alot of work into it. His solara was black, he put a lip kit on the front and rear bumpers and some simple side skirts. He got rid of the oem grill and put in a different grill and it had the TRD symbol on the side of it. He put TRD on the trunk and his shift **** was a TRD shift ****. The car looked like it came that way. He tells me that a bunch of other solara owners would even ask him where he found that "TRD version of their cars". Ultimately he told me he felt the engine was about to give out so before that happened, he pulled the motor out and sure enough, the cylinder walls were full of oil. Right now the block is at a shop getting bored out to become a 3.2 liter and he plans on twin charging the sucker, with forged internals that are rated to be good for 1100 hp. He's shooting for the 700-800 range.
Attached Thumbnails So i've been thinking...... what would an SC-F look like?-111.jpg  
Old 06-10-13, 10:54 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I just hope you wont actually ever put IS-F emblems on an SC. I have both cars and they have nothing at all to do with each other lol.
Old 06-10-13, 11:26 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that the SC-F would have an Clean look. Something like a wise front lip with sides and rears IMO. I would imagine that the engine would be the same as the LS-F sport. Or if they wanted to be different they could throw the same 4.0L V8 in there with the same output as the IS-F V8. Definitely better looking 18" wheels with an adjustable dampening suspension. Better interior and features would be in their as well.

But this is just my two cents
Old 06-11-13, 12:01 AM
Acura2Lex
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
I just hope you wont actually ever put IS-F emblems on an SC. I have both cars and they have nothing at all to do with each other lol.
Yeah, the SC is sexier.
Old 06-11-13, 12:04 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a guy in the sc430 forum who had the ifs fenders moulded and wide body ish kit. Looked like it could have been a sc-f is was that clean
Old 06-11-13, 12:14 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just leave the cars as is.....please.
Old 06-11-13, 05:46 AM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E

Just leave the cars as is.....please.
Never! must future proof car!!1!!1!
After the whole spindle grill thread oh man, the SC would need a whole redesign to even consider something like this.
Old 06-11-13, 07:09 AM
Midengtoy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2jzgte with v160, ls400 brakes, SC400 oem style lip, some type of 17" forge wheels by BBS or Rays, lower and stiffer suspension, BFI, less resonators and a sportier exhaust. That would be an ideal SC-F for me but it'll cost about as much as an IS-F or maybe even more.
Old 06-11-13, 07:33 AM
CrispyST3
Driver

I'm not saying it should be done, i'm just saying what would it look like? What would be some cool added features and major differences we could come up with.

Maybe it can come with some stock bucket seats like the AMG's do.

Any other ideas?
Old 06-11-13, 07:47 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

it would basically look like the LF-LC
Old 06-11-13, 03:07 PM
wrivera283
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
it would basically look like the LF-LC
This. There was an article on here that came out during its release and it said something about finally having a lexus coupe as nice as the sc300/400
Old 06-12-13, 12:24 AM
PseudoK
Pole Position

youve got it all wrong

it would be a turbo 1UZ with a Getrag manual
Old 06-12-13, 01:20 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PseudoK
youve got it all wrong

it would be a turbo 1UZ with a Getrag manual
I like this.
Old 06-12-13, 03:26 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you're talking re-design, LF-LC would be it, or something close. If not, I agree with Ashtray...Turbo and a Getrag 6-speed. Keep the SC in its lines, just see if you can "dress" it up tastefully, and stay away from the urge to place the "F" badge on it. There have been some excellent renditions that some members on CL have made, and their cars are true to the SC, but will smoke any stock "F" series car. With the tech going into today's models, you can't re-engineer today's cars to that level without totally rebuilding or simply replacing nearly everything in the car...A daunting task, and I tell you, I have a little experiece with modding the SC....

Today's high end coupes are getting so sophisticated, it almost requires no modding...But they are very expensive to buy...Mod your SC like Kohinoor, ScottURNot, Shane, or several others out there. You will like the results.

Ryan