The Future Of The Sc's

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-13, 01:15 PM
ScWift92
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow The Future Of The Sc's

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/n...exus-lf-lc.php

I Just Comment On This Recent Post And Have Felt for The Longest That Were Moving In The Wrong direction Yes I Know Im Gonna See Comments About The LFA and The ISF And Also The Scion Boxer Powered FRS

But Does Toyota,Lexus Still Have It?

Is It So Hard To Give Us cars like The First Gen Sc300,Sc400 Or The Mk4 supra i know there Everything We Seem To Love Whether its looks,speed,style,power, Reliability,refinement . We Dont Get This Any More Ive Even Seen are Community Downsizing We No Longer Have Club NA-T and we Have Been Getting The same B.S post on CL for the longest What's Happening To Us ?
Old 05-13-13, 01:25 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I dont understand. Yes, they came out with a super high end LFA, and fun FR-S/FT-86 that won't hurt your wallet. They're also coming out with coupes inbetween
Old 05-13-13, 01:59 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wrote to Toyota about what I like to call a "Renaissance Edition" vehicle.
What do you guys think?

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to you as devoted driver, and enthusiast of import/tuner vehicles.
As a member of various forums, such as SupraFourms.com, and ClubLexus.com, I have entered some discussions regarding the future of your product-line, both in Toyota, and Lexus. That said, it's been realized that there will never be another Lexus SC300, regardless of how marvelous the LF-LC really is; and believe me, I love that car. However, granted its a nice car, the consensus is you dropped the ball, with production of the SC430.
So, Im offering a suggestion which I think may have some impact on the market, and would be interesting to see nonetheless.
Many of us (drivers/owners) truly love the vehicles we have, which you've produced for us; and regardless that there are newer models arriving, some of us have a special place in our hearts for some of these vehicles, and we'll never part with them - Particularly the Lexus SC300, and the late Toyota Supra. I mean, we are DEVOTED fans of these cars, and most of us, never only own just one, but either more than one at the same time, or we go back to one in the future, after having owned another vehicle. My current '97 SC300 is my second; prior to it I had a '92 SC300.
Thats the kind of commitment your users have to you and your product(s) ...

Therefore, my suggestion is this:
I personally think it would outstanding if manufacturers began to put out repeats of previous vehicles - call them the "Renaissance Edition". That is, the same cars, with the same motors (because we all know, and adore the 2JZ engines), but with some slight changes only that fit the times. I mean, do we really need a whole new model every year? Why??
I don't think thats what enthusiasts really care about. The average consumer might care, but only because it's a new car with zero-miles; nothing more. The average consumer isn't buying a "particularity" such as a $70-80K Nissan GT-R ...
However, a $30K Mitsubishi EVO, or $40K Toyota Supra, is realistic to the average middle-class buyer. Perhaps not in 1993- which was why Supra-TT sales weren't so high, but you have to understand, the Tuner-Culture/Market wasn't established yet. Today, you have different buyers, with different goals; bigger goals! I think such an endeavor would be feasible, and even strike-up a certain spark amongst buyers; I think it'd be revolutionary. After all, everyones asking about this "mythological" MK5 Supra we've been hearing of for more than a decade now, and still, nobody's seen it. Further, what concepts we have seen, aren't even as attractive as the MK4 Supra. I say, why bother? If it isn't broken, don't fix it!
Lexus is about the "pursuit of perfection" is it not?
Well sometimes, some things, are Perfect. Thats why they need-not be changed.

To further my suggestion, I say bring back the same car(s), but with a few contemporary upgrades, such as: a Formula 1 style "KERS" system, GPS Monitor, for the MK4 Toyota Supra. What about an SC300, but Turbocharged with an Active Suspension this time, as it had in the Soarer model, perhaps an Active Rear-Spoiler also, which pivots in response to a G-sensor?

That car (the SC300) even to this day is SO beautiful, and it's design - timeless, that people often ask me if my '97 is a 2000-something.

We don't need new models all the time.
Bring us a new-original; deliver us the "Renaissance Edition".
Same Car(s) - Added Features.

Thank you!

Last edited by SEIDO; 05-14-13 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-13-13, 02:00 PM
estomax
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why Are You Writing Like This? It Is Very Difficult To Read If Each Word Sounds Like A New Sentence.

Are the number of active users on this forum actually going down? I think a mod can chime in and squash your fears that the SC popularity is dwindling. At least i assume those numbers are available somewhere.

Marko
Old 05-13-13, 02:12 PM
StuntKing
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i feel like there might not be anything else to do to our cars so thats why there aren't as many ppl in the community actively using the forums
Old 05-13-13, 02:32 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

I think Lexus really messed up after the first Gen SC. After 2000 they pretty much took an egg and stretched it and then threw an engine and wheels on it. Their could possibly be a chance that maybe the community is dwindling. Me personally, I think this is the greatest forum in the world. ALL HAIL CLUB LEXUS
Old 05-13-13, 03:04 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by estomax
Are the number of active users on this forum actually going down? I think a mod can chime in and squash your fears that the SC popularity is dwindling. At least i assume those numbers are available somewhere.

Marko
The population isn't dwindling IMO. It is wierd though that SC drivers that have been SC drivers for years ditch Club Lexus and go to Infiniti, or Honda. They have thousands of posts that were full of DIY's, help, and guidance. Where'd they all go to? One's thing for sure, I'm not leaving CL till it's down...so I guess I'm with it forever...
Old 05-13-13, 04:05 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

the next step should be an SC500,

Similar to our body style but a little more sleeker and sportier, with new features and interior, perhaps a tiptronic.

They dropped the ball BIG time with the SC430 its time for them to make up for it with a new model.
Old 05-13-13, 05:13 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The biggest problem is when our head designer got high and started watching the Predator on TNT one weekend, and decided to put this BS on each car

Ever since this new design, the public and media have decided to name us LOLxus.
Old 05-13-13, 05:53 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by estomax
Why Are You Writing Like This? It Is Very Difficult To Read If Each Word Sounds Like A New Sentence.

Marko
I wouldn't say that the SC's popularity has gone down. It seems more popular now than it did when I joined the forum a few years ago. The only thing I've noticed is that there isn't quite as many super nice SC's running around like there was back then. I see a lot more local guys buying SC's and modding them which is cool, but they all look like crap.

The number of users may have gone up since a lot more people are buying older IS, GS, and SC's.
Old 05-13-13, 05:59 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
I see a lot more local guys buying SC's and modding them which is cool, but they all look like crap.
This is where I agree...this is why I am trying to restore my SC to original OEM. (Besides the Ferrari leather)
Old 05-13-13, 06:00 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Giving us the cars of yesteryear is not gonna happen. With the new regulations which are set for next year I believe car company's are forced to produce lower displacement motors to compete in the range department as well as marketing to the tree hugger society. Things which aren't bad but sucks the enthusiasm IMHO of the car builders. For lexus to make the LFA alone was a clear step back into the motorsport division which should trickle down to their other brands. Now for how long who knows. This IMHO is the very reason why i think the used car market is gonna fawkin explode in the next 5 years making previously owned cars not as cheap as they are now or were yesterday.
Old 05-13-13, 06:01 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

I'm not sure if Toyota still has it to be honest. Supposedly the IS-F has been cancelled and there still isn't an SC430 successor. I read that the LF-LC coupe might come into production but it's still a few years away. I think if they want to stay competitive with BMW, Audi, and Mercedes they need to bring out another SC. Toyota keeps coming up with cool concept cars but none of them have hit the production stage.

The FRS and LFA were a step in the right direction. The cancellation of the IS-F and SC was two steps back.
Old 05-13-13, 06:04 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by SC400slide
This is where I agree...this is why I am trying to restore my SC to original OEM. (Besides the Ferrari leather)
I'd love to see more people go your route and try to restore SC's. It's just costs a lot of money if you start out with a really nasty beat up car.
Old 05-13-13, 06:56 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I think they need to make a new SC that resembles the original 1st gen more the way the Fairlady Z's have. I understand they want a new look, but they shouldn't stray too far from the original predecessor.

Quick Reply: The Future Of The Sc's