SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The Future Of The Sc's

Old 05-15-13, 03:51 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Thank you, Highway. Actually I've never thought of the SC/Soarer as a sports car. I've always felt it was a luxury muscle car. It sure does drive like a refined and yesteryear-luxurious Japanese interpretation of 60's muscle to me. One big difference though: EVERYTHING that is a caveat about the refinement in a 60's Detroit muscle car has been removed from SC/Soarers. Almost. We all know about the many small interior trim quirks but these are old cars now. I've owned a 60's Ford and that's the best way I can describe it. It's why I bought the car, other than that I knew I could add a lot of MKIV Supra hardware and planned to.

Not to offend anyone but when I got into mine at a used car dealer my first impression was the idea of a racy Buick coupe built by Toyota. I remembered test driving a used 1987 Grand National and of course it didn't have the power of the GN but the car felt similar in a way.

But the caveats you feel in a GN/T-Type's body you don't feel in an SC. Night and day difference of course. Difference being that an SC can actually handle very well like a GT tourer. Even stock you get that feeling at least with a 5-speed manual car.

More genuine sports cars act differently and I never felt the SC should be compared to the likes of a 370Z or Lotus. I feel there is a place for both in the car world.
Funny story is my my close friend just finished his Grand Natty build with a mosnter Precision turbo and all the bells and whistles while i start my sc\swap build which will most likely consist of a similar size frame turbo Very similar indeed. I think they are both almost same in weight give or take 1-200 lbs
Old 05-15-13, 08:33 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CityKnight
Got a reply from Toyota (still awaiting Lexus' reply) ...

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate your feedback because the only way we know what our customers are looking for is when they tell us, as you have. We try to scope out our customers in advance, by researching the market, conducting interviews, surveys, focus groups and doing our homework, but there's no better source than a Toyota owner who takes the time to tell us like it is.

We can't guarantee that a "Renaissance Vehicle" would be made, but your honest feedback may help us to evaluate different alternatives.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email by using the following link, http://www.toyota.com/help/contactus.html, or by calling 800-331-4331. We are available from 5 AM to 6 PM, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday and from 7 AM to 4 PM on Saturday.

Sincerely,
Anita Mouton
Toyota Customer Experience
Thats funny, i got almost the same reply a few years ago when I wrote to them about bringing back the Celica Altrac/GT4 one of these days. Oh well
Old 05-15-13, 11:01 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by Highway
Funny story is my my close friend just finished his Grand Natty build with a mosnter Precision turbo and all the bells and whistles while i start my sc\swap build which will most likely consist of a similar size frame turbo Very similar indeed. I think they are both almost same in weight give or take 1-200 lbs
That's cool! I'm comparing my build with my buddy's '80 G-Wagen turbo-diesel 5-speed but so far he's gotten a head start on the engine. Right now we're both sorting out our new transmissions so I'm neck and neck with him in that regard at least for now

Yes, they are very similar in weight. I believe the GN's were about 3500lbs roughly. This thread is more specific as per each version:

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.ph...ational-Weight

My impression was just that for all the handling and refinement differences the spirit of both cars is very similar. I like both cars. GN/T-Types are a favorite of mine.
Old 05-18-13, 02:05 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

its very hard to read the way you have it written.. try breaking it up with more commas.. lol jk i agree with this fully.. the new supra from what i have read should be pretty nuts..
Old 05-19-13, 07:33 AM
Djfoho
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400slide
The population isn't dwindling IMO. It is wierd though that SC drivers that have been SC drivers for years ditch Club Lexus and go to Infiniti, or Honda. They have thousands of posts that were full of DIY's, help, and guidance. Where'd they all go to? One's thing for sure, I'm not leaving CL till it's down...so I guess I'm with it forever...
amen to that brother, i might buy another car in the future but if i do ill drive my SC less which will make me glorify it even more, sure i wouldn't mind getting my hands on a g35 or a Z but the SC just has that extra appeal to me. imo even if people become less active on the forum and sell there SC's guess what those cars will be sold to new people who are interested so we can keep the love flowing!
Old 05-19-13, 07:40 AM
Djfoho
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spurge
I dont want a new model of the sc300 to me it devalues the care, i like the fact that the sc300 stands out as a great car with damn near the best engine. Period.
Couldnt have said it better myself!
Old 05-19-13, 09:07 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by eknine9
Just a heads up, the IS-F has not been cancelled. They are extening the current generation IS-F for another year, and eventually in a few years they will most likely have a new IS-F based on this newer generation of IS. The same way that the M5 for each generation tends to lag behind a few years from it's standard model.

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/01/2...on-lexus-is-f/

Also the LF-LC has been confirmed for production. I've read that the expected release date is around 2017.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...duction-report

I'm currently looking forward to see what Toyota does with the two RWD performance coupes they are planning. The FR-S/GT86 was just the beginning, it's part of a plan for a three-tier performance coupe offering, with the FR-S being the slowest/cheapest.
That's great to hear the IS-F won't be cancelled. It would be a shame to lose a car like that in the Lexus lineup.

The release on the LF-LC is too far away. Seven years after the SC430 seems stupid to me.