SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Big Win Front Lip vs Fujin Lip

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-13, 02:36 PM
mattjk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Win Front Lip vs Fujin Lip

Are these the same? They look very similar. In some pics, they Big Win seems to flare out less, which I like. Thanks
Old 04-21-13, 09:10 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

theyre certainly differnt. im pretty sure that fujin is much more subtle.
Old 04-21-13, 10:45 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got pics of each?
Old 04-21-13, 11:10 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

the fujin is basically a big win replica but its made in a better material.
Old 04-21-13, 11:46 PM
mattjk
Driver

Big Win:

Fujin:

They both look about the same, but it seems to me the big win does NOT protrude out as much as the fujin. I don't like that raked look the Fujin has.
Old 04-21-13, 11:53 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

my vote would be for big win.
Old 04-21-13, 11:54 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Big Win is fiberglass and over $600 plus shipping and wait from Japan. I would never want a fiberglass front lip on a daily.
Old 04-22-13, 11:21 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

the fujin i slightly more subtle and fits the 97 side more the bigwin looks like itll work better with a more aggressive kit
Old 04-22-13, 11:27 AM
mattjk
Driver

hmm, not according to the above pictures... I guess I'd have to see it in person. thanks
Old 04-22-13, 11:37 AM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Its the exact same lip, Redskinz made a rep of it last year and had a group buy going. Only difference is Big-Win is fiber glass and Fujin is urathane.
Old 04-22-13, 11:44 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Big Win is fiberglass and over $600 plus shipping and wait from Japan. I would never want a fiberglass front lip on a daily.
gotta play to play!
Old 04-22-13, 04:22 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see a lot of assumptions and not many factual answers in this thread.
Please allow me to chime in with an experience of having installed the Fujin lip on my SC.

For those who weren't on the forum when Fujin lip became available as a group buy, here are some facts. (I am not endorsing the Fujin lip, nor am I bashing on Big Win.)

-P.R.S.22 and Rideskinz are the people who made this happen. P.R.S.22 has conceived the idea and did many of the leg work to find a right manufacture (Rideskinz) to create an attractive, durable, and affordable lip for our cars.

-Fujin lip is a not an identical copy of Big Win lip. Fujin lip sits, and flares out a bit more. (Design cues were voiced by CL forum members at the time. Rideskinz then refined the ideas into physical form with his own twist.)

-Fujin lip is constructed with Polyurethane. Big Win, Fiberglass.

-Big Win is made in Japan. Fujin lip, USA.

-Big Win fits nearly perfect right out of the box. Fujin lip's fitment seems to vary slightly on batch, but generally good.

I'm sure Rideskinz will chime in if he's still an active member here. If not, view the original thread for further details. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-its-here.html And this, for fitment concerns: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...fujin-lip.html

IMO, $600+ Fiberglass front lip pales in comparison when a Polyurethane lip is available for substantially less. Fujin lip did require my auto body guy to modify the lip slightly and cost me a bit for the work. However, I'll be mad if I had to come back to repair a crack every time I hit a speed bump or two. I just don't consider paying for recurring issue a "ballin'" status.
Old 04-22-13, 04:44 PM
mattjk
Driver

Thank you, uras300. I would pay an extra $300, not to have fitment issues... that's probably what I'd have to pay the body shop to fix fitment issues anyhow.

Fiberglass doesn't bother me... my other car is fiberglass and I've learned to be EXTRA careful.
Old 04-22-13, 07:43 PM
need2boost
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fujin fits 95% perfectly, which is pretty much one of the best kit you can get. Its urethane, so its flexible enough to do any modding to fit properly and strong enough to wthhold any damage from scrapings or slight accidents. I highly recommend the fujin lip.
Old 04-22-13, 09:33 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like it is time for me to chime in on this one.....

As uras300 stated earlier I had been waiting patiently for over 4 years for some company to make a replica of the Big Win front lip for the SC community. There were several attempts to get the project off the ground by several companies but none of them actually pulled the trigger. I grew tired of waiting and took matters into my own hands. I had been in contact with Extreme Dimensions on getting the lip done and instead was referred to Rideskinz to get the process up and running.

I spent a lot of time in talks with Rideskinz and fellow CL members throughout the process to make the Fujin lip what it is today. The Fujin lip is not an exact duplicate of the Big Win front lip. As stated earlier the Fujin lip flares out a bit more than the Big Win lip and is made of polyurethane vs. fiberglass.

To those looking for the Big Win lip to put on their SCs I wish you good luck. As stated numerous times they are over 600+ to purchase with a substantial wait time (could be several months) and for me fiberglass on the front bumper is not an option on a daily driver.

The Fujin lip fits perfectly fine and needs only minor adjustments to fit each owners individual needs. Due to it being polyurethane it is much easier to work with compared to fiberglass and will take a pounding since I have personally put mine to the test on multiple occasions.

I wanted the Fujin lip to be the solution to many 97+ SC owners who desired a front lip for our rides that could take a beating from DD, made in the USA, and was affordable. It is hard to argue against it and I will always back Tony at Rideskinz and the product he has put out for us since he was the only person to step up and make us a quality product for a 16 year old car (I speak for 97 SCs and newer when I say that)....haha.

Quick Reply: Big Win Front Lip vs Fujin Lip