SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Multiple Newbie Questions Into 1 !

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-13, 07:22 AM
DreaMzZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple Newbie Questions Into 1 !

Was thinking about selling the SC for awhile for something newer... But the SC is awesome so can't do that

First question is what method should I go by to lower my car? After researching coilvers seem the best way but which ones to get? Also which sets are the Full coilover set so i dont need to purchase any other items along with (shocks struts etc)..

Second question and this one is really stupid so bare with me.. I was looking at this set of rims on Craigslist and I know the bolt pattern and the spacers it comes with would be fine. What im concerned with is if they would get stolen. Can someone tell me if these wheels have a lock or whatever you would call it..?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lastly.. I got a newer front bumper off a 2000 model SC and painted whole car different color after new bumper was put on. The fog lights don't work at all on the new bumper. How do I connect these or what parts do I need to order to hookup the lights assuming they have no wiring currently? Also on the new bumper the driver side small yellow light on the side of door above the tire is out.

Whoever reads all of this and gives me responses not redirecting me to other forums kudos to you.
Old 03-07-13, 07:48 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as you get full coilovers you don't have to buy anything else.
If you're not trying to absolutely slam it I'd recommend the Megan street series, you can get lower in comfort for a decent price, but they are too soft to slam.

No, there are no wheel locks on those rims, you could always purchase new lug nuts that come with a wheel lock if you are worried. Or you can just drop your car so low that it's impossible to jack up conventionally and thieves will have a hard time getting to your rims.
Old 03-07-13, 09:59 AM
mikevandam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend getting some BC coilovers. all around they're good. Get some locking lug nuts, then you wouldn't really have to worry about theft.