SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Quick question: On a 2 week battery drain

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-13, 09:00 AM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
yeah I know what you mean, but the plumpness kind of grows on you after a while .
The 2 huge cans on the bottom help even things out a bit. I had a wingless 240 hatch before this SC, both are less common than the wing version but somehow I keep finding them.

finding the drain is a long process you test the current draw on each fuse, then when you find it you have to test everything on that circuit until you track it down. probably be ages before I get to finishing that. I sort of half guessed it will end up being some factory item I don;t want to remove, then I will be back to square 1 flipping the switch.

Although if its a less important module, one could put it on switched power instead of having a direct battery connection depending on what module it is, and that could solve the problem.
Yeesh, I'll live with the battery drain/switch then...

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
alot of the mercedes have this problem because the seat control circuit has power when the key is removed, so it can move the seat forward or back its the coutesy entrance thing. well the module goes bad and drins the battery every few days and costs over $1K per side to fix, but the DIY fix is that each module has a constant battery connection and a switched one, you just cut off the constant wire and jump it to the switched wire. you loose the ability to move the seat with the key not in the ignition, but no battery drain and the seats and memory work just fine.

I think alot of our seats work like that, as in you can move them without the key in the ignition, so maybe it has something to do with that.
Me thinks you're onto something...