SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Couple random questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-13, 04:34 AM
Volume123
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple random questions

Ok guys, as some might know I just got my sc300 finally coming from a na-t singled 2jz is300... also own a gs300, gx470 and a camry... ya all yota's and lexies lol. Anyways, with this new sc300 it did not come with a master key or a remote keyless entry key.

I have a few extra keyless entry keys from my is300, 2 to be exact that are not in any use to me anymore but they do work. Now I am trying to make these keys work with my new sc300, is this at all possible in any way? I know people use the ebay keys and get them made and then activated but is it possible to deactivate a key, and then reactivate it so it works with my sc300 now? Obviously I am assuming, I will need to purchase a blank key because the keys have my is300 engraving. So what are my options with this?

Also, since I do not have the master key, (I'm really not even sure what keys these are, they might be the valet keys, one is a little circle and one is more of a triangle, but both have the lexus "L" symbol on them) with my is300 I had the valet key but it was grey and looked much different, of course I assume it's just because my sc300 is much older now they probably changed the key shape and look for the valet. Anyways, I cannot lock the glove box and with these valet keys, I cannot unlock the trunk, but the car came with a separately made trunk key, only for opening the trunk... ANYWAYS my manual trunk open switch next to the steering wheel does not open the trunk because the little lock next to the manual open switch and the gas tank open switch is locked and once again I do not have a key to unlock it...

Secondly and lastly, my blinkers are not working, the hazards and alarm works so I know the bulbs themselves work, but when I turn on my signals neither the front or rear blink, and it also does not show it on my tach as it normally would. I think it might be a fuse, but I changed the fuse in the kick panel labeled "turn", is this the only fuse it would be? By the way, currently the hazard button is unplugged because I am installing my double din system.. which is a whole another problem I have some assisting in another thread... could this button being unplugged be possibly the reason why the turn signals are not working? They just worked earlier before I took apart the dash to install the head unit, what other fuses are their to look for and change ? Also my electronic antenna doesn't work with this new head unit plugged in, but it works with the other single din plugged in.... strange and maybe this could be related to the signals not working? Same fuse?

Sorry I also forgot one other one, I did search this and found the proper bulbs for the cluster but it was really confusing as to which ones I need BUT my real question is, is there any specific advise anyone has for me to get very bright led lights, I really just want either all orange or white lights, as my speedometer is half dead and my gas meter finger (normally orange) is completely dead so I can't even tell how much gas I have left ....

Is it as simple as just changing out those bulbs? Why do these bulbs die so easily compared to other bulbs on the car? I would assume they project even less light than all of the other lights around the car and I have rarely ever needed to switch the lights, unless I am just simply upgrading to brighter LED's. I just want my whole cluster to light up so that I have no problem in seeing everything that is going on...

Last edited by Volume123; 02-19-13 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-19-13, 05:59 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

You need to plug in the hazard button so the blinkers will work. They are tied together. For the antenna not working, make sure and tie in the pink and green wire. This will allow the antenna to work only when the radio is on and not on another source.
Old 02-19-13, 06:11 AM
Volume123
Driver

cool! that I did not know about the antenna, not extactly sure what wire your talking about, as I just simply took every wire from my previous head unit, and put it into my new head unit, so it should be in there, but I will make sure it is connect correctly right now.
Old 02-19-13, 06:41 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Check out Raines reply for the DIY for the SC300/400 in the audio section. Shows everything you need.
Old 02-19-13, 07:26 AM
Volume123
Driver

I've done everything I can think of , honestly I don't care about the antenna at all as I dont listen to the radio and don't like the look of the mast going up anyways. Really the only thing is my aftermarket amp and sub and my stock amp and sub is not working with my new head unit even though everything from my single din was transferred over perfectly they just don't seem to work and that thread is nothing specific enough to help my situation...anyways those problems are in my other thread..