SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My LS1 SC with Extreme Dimensions widebody

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-13, 04:07 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This the last warning, one more negative comment and the person will be ban..
Old 02-15-13, 05:02 AM
1slowsc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^haha. Any videos of this car in action?
Old 02-15-13, 05:32 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

You guys have some thin skin around here. I love the fact that the car has 600HP and the LS1 is a great engine. Clearly, this guy knows how to create very fast car.

That said, I hate the way the car looks. Now, if I post a pick of my car, are you required to say only nice things about it? Suppose you don't like the wheels I choose to put on, are you required to remain silent?

If so, let me know that this is the way the game is played. I will play according to the rules if those are the rules.
Old 02-15-13, 06:05 AM
1slowsc
Driver

It was lack of respect calling it a pos. Everyone has an opinion but maybe calling it a pos is kinda harsh when he obviously lots of work into it.
Old 02-15-13, 06:10 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your comment was very harsh for no reason.It's not my car but i was offended.

The rules a simple if you don't like something the thread or what was posted in the thread just hit the back botton, it's very simple.

If it was your thread i would done the same.

We need to respect everyone's opinion /choice.

Now back to topic!
Old 02-15-13, 06:41 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i might disagree with the kit fitment but this car is def not POS...thats just wrong.
Old 02-15-13, 07:17 AM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Fair enough
Old 02-15-13, 08:10 AM
Blaxxus
Rookie

Don't like how it looks, maybe that will change if/when it's painted. But if your happy with it, that's all that matters!
Old 02-15-13, 08:38 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the car looks good as is. The 2-tone from satin to matte black, along with the exposed rivets gives a very aggressive look. Also as mentioned earlier, IF you tap a wall, or get a boo-boo its an easy fix vs. having paint.

And I dont think it would be Batman that would want this..remember, Darth Vader's suit was 2-tone black
Old 02-15-13, 08:52 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

i think the kit is perfect for what your doing, which is drifting and beating on it, it would be a waste of money and time buying a vertex widebody and painting it perfectly , if it was mine I would buy a cheap matte black finish and give it a few coats, matte finishes are extremey easy to apply and very forgiving, also very easy to touch up.

I think plasti dipping would be a bad move, uve came this far just finish it off half decently.

Also one complaint I have here is all the engine swapps going on here I havent seen even one DIY from anyone, I would of loved to see how this ls1 was done and everything involved with it.
Old 02-15-13, 07:03 PM
boosted4.6
Pole Position

There is a semi build thread on here. It's titled 6.0 genIII t56 swap
Old 02-15-13, 07:29 PM
autoboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Your car looks like mine Luv it and swap is amazing
Attached Thumbnails My LS1 SC with Extreme Dimensions widebody-_best_dsc_5027_small.jpg  

Last edited by autoboy; 02-16-13 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-15-13, 08:17 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Are there really people bashing this car ????? Just the motor conversion alone is incredible in itself. As what I consider to be a "veteran" guy on here I find it pretty offensive at some of the comments guys have made that looking at there cars really shouldn't be saying anything. I hold my tongue on a daily bases at some of the bull**** that some of the guys do to there cars on this forum. If you don't like it, don't comment on it. Oh, if I offended anybody, feel free to tell me how ****ty my ride is too.

Boosted, nice work brother.

Shane
Old 02-15-13, 08:33 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmith
Are there really people bashing this car ????? Just the motor conversion alone is incredible in itself. As what I consider to be a "veteran" guy on here I find it pretty offensive at some of the comments guys have made that looking at there cars really shouldn't be saying anything. I hold my tongue on a daily bases at some of the bull**** that some of the guys do to there cars on this forum. If you don't like it, don't comment on it. Oh, if I offended anybody, feel free to tell me how ****ty my ride is too.

Boosted, nice work brother.

Shane
I actually thought the same thing. I understand that this is a public website and comments are welcome, but I have heard alot of negativity on here, not just from this thread, but from others. What is going on here? Is CL going to pot in a short time or what? All the hard work this guy did or paid someone to do, regardless of the situation it serves his purpose. People have to remember not everyone's taste is the same nor designing the perfect car. I am sure everyone has heard different strokes for different folks??? To be honest, if someone knocked my build or any of my projects, I would move on. What I mean is simply not log on here anymore.

Bottom line is here I like the car and I wish someone would do a complete swap with this motor. Nice work
Old 02-15-13, 08:33 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I think it may be my time of the month, that and the huge bandage on my hand from working on my "POS" earlier today. I must say, I do feel better after venting.

Shane

Quick Reply: My LS1 SC with Extreme Dimensions widebody