SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Chopped SC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-13, 09:41 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Should I start a "group buy" thread for people that want to get their roofs chopped?

If we get 15 people to sign up, there could potentially be a 25% discount on labor and materials.
Lol thats sounds very familiar

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
This is getting interesting!

Don't take it personally dude. It's just a forum. People have opinions. People are going to comment.

And also people would take these threads alot more seriously if you actually did something with them and not just go off making ten more threads about ten new ideas without ever realizing the first ten ideas you had. Just something to chew on.

If you really look into how much something like this is going to cost to produce, you're quickly going to understand that it's not realistic. It's going to cost more than your car is worth when you factor in how much labor it's going to require, getting new glass made, modifying the A pillars which are part of the door structure, making custom interior pieces, and so forth. Can it be done? Sure....who is going to do it? Probably nobody.
Word! Put your money where you mouth is.

Originally Posted by CityKnight
....but I wanted a Lexus, and a nice one at that, so I could both go fast, look cool, and appeal to chicks.

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
lol its just one random idea after another isnt it man.

Hey, how about a flying SC like in back to the future???
Lol

Last edited by Joey-E; 02-01-13 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-01-13, 09:43 PM
Candela
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. People love to get on the bandwagon and bash other people. It looks cool in those photoshops, reminds me of this S15 from japan that had a chopped roof.

Looks cool, but yeah you'd have to get a super low bucket seat lol.

How about a photoshop of radiused fenders? Haven't seen an sc/soarer with that done.
Old 02-01-13, 10:46 PM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It does though; Im somebody who cares about things in the eyes of others.
Thats why I drive a Lexus. I could have gotten a 2.5RS with an STi motor for the price I paid on my SC; but I wanted a Lexus, and a nice one at that, so I could both go fast, look cool, and appeal to chicks.
Thats reality, people think that way. It's not all about what I like, 'cus sometimes it doesn't turn out so nicely.
I don't even like my fenders that much anymore, though I still don't think they look awful either ...
I want a respectable car though; so Im gonna reach for opinions first.
If I can afford the chop, I might do it. I don't know yet, theres more research to be done.
$10G's for a nice chop, is the same as 10G's for a 2JZGTE swap, if you ask me.
As long as in the end the car gets props, and people say "That dude's got a nice-a** SC"; then Im happy.
Call me shallow, but I like to dress well for the same reason. My cars a part of my style/character.
You bought a 20 year old car to appeal to chicks?
Good god man, it just keeps on getting worse.

Why would you waste 10K on a chop
Are you really going to drop 20K on your car?

C'mon man get real.
Old 02-02-13, 12:33 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Candela
How about a photoshop of radiused fenders? Haven't seen an sc/soarer with that done.

Old 02-02-13, 01:09 AM
Dranom
Lead Lap

Looks dope when chopped! I say do it if you have the budget!
Old 02-02-13, 01:28 AM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Moosejaw - The designs timeless, that means it's good looking to people no matter the year.
Who care's if it's 20, when it's still befitting ...

Originally Posted by Harbinger
IMO this would be pretty sick if executed properly.
... You would obviously need to add a bit more bracing within and beneath the car, but having a chopped almost entirely glass roof (with side pipes??) would definitely turn heads... If executed properly.
Originally Posted by k7q
i like it. chop maybe 3" i would do it if i had cash.
Originally Posted by Dranom
Looks dope when chopped! I say do it if you have the budget!
Thank you guys

Glass roof would indeed be WICKED.

Last edited by SEIDO; 02-02-13 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-02-13, 03:11 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT

what f ing kit is this ????
Old 02-02-13, 08:03 AM
Candela
Lead Lap

Thanks UZZ, if only it had a better kit though
Old 02-02-13, 10:16 AM
3L4jzz31
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought it looked like a g35 rear bumper. Low and behold look what a google search found lol

Old 02-02-13, 12:00 PM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

MAN that red interior is hot! I always considered it after seeing the m3 with red int but wasn't sure about it..
Old 02-02-13, 12:39 PM
Dranom
Lead Lap

Yeah that rear bumper is a kenstyle rear bumper
Old 02-02-13, 12:40 PM
Dranom
Lead Lap

front looks like a g35 bumper also! lol
Old 02-02-13, 01:01 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 02-02-13, 01:13 PM
jschru
Driver

It does though; Im somebody who cares about things in the eyes of others.
Thats why I drive a Lexus. I could have gotten a 2.5RS with an STi motor for the price I paid on my SC; but I wanted a Lexus, and a nice one at that, so I could both go fast, look cool, and appeal to chicks.
Thats reality, people think that way. It's not all about what I like, 'cus sometimes it doesn't turn out so nicely.
I don't even like my fenders that much anymore, though I still don't think they look awful either ...
I want a respectable car though; so Im gonna reach for opinions first.
If I can afford the chop, I might do it. I don't know yet, theres more research to be done.
$10G's for a nice chop, is the same as 10G's for a 2JZGTE swap, if you ask me.
As long as in the end the car gets props, and people say "That dude's got a nice-a** SC"; then Im happy.
Call me shallow, but I like to dress well for the same reason. My cars a part of my style/character.
you modify your car for all the wrong reasons. you need to take a step back and really think about what you want. if you come up with a new clever idea that you like just go for it. some people will like it others won't. if you stay so concerned with what other people think you will never accomplish anything. I guarantee that if you were to actually go for it and really do this or your fender idea the same people bashing on it now would think its awesome when its done. you say your car is an extension of your personality and style yet you come on here asking for other peoples opinions on whether you should do something. sounds more like your car will be an extension of other peoples personality rather than your own. if YOU think its sick to have a chopped sc then DO IT. screw everybody else and do what you want. no matter what you do some people will love it others will hate it but at the end of the day YOU are the one that has to drive your car around everyday and YOU are the one shelling out the cash, time, and effort to make it happen.

that being said, i've always been a big fan of hot rods and i think it would be awesome to have a chopped sc, or even a vert sc with the windshield angled back a little more to give more of a streamline look. however in my opinion it would never ever ever be worth spending the $25K+ to make it happen unless i was a millionaire and had stupid amounts of money to just throw away. you might as well just get a new car to impress the ladies in or another car to just mess around with.

happy modding
Old 02-02-13, 02:40 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E
lol you crack me up man

Quick Reply: Chopped SC?