SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Clear tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-13, 08:28 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iridebmx
people are way to high and mighty about these cars... opinions are strong in this thread.
Omfg...thank you so much. I thought it was just me who thought that.
Old 01-24-13, 08:35 PM
DriftChris
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2jznosht
They are tacky eh...shall I link your f badge thread

But in seriousness if k2 is the same company that sells the smoked projector headlights then the quality and fit should be fine from my experience. I say if you like them buy them and if you're gonna listen to anyone they better be buying the tail lights for you
Or the Flamethrower Kit thread lol
Old 01-24-13, 08:42 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DLA-USA
Or the Flamethrower Kit thread lol
Forgot about that one...
Old 01-24-13, 08:54 PM
OhHiChris
Rookie

DLA-USA, you can't really compare a S15... It is an uncommon car in the US. Some people wouldn't even know about the car. People can be open to their own opinions, and you are pretty damn sure they did in this thread. I have to agree with the others though, OEM tail lights look much cleaner than those ebay ones. The little white window in the red for reverse lights I am guessing looks really weird. Who cares though, to each their own.
Old 01-24-13, 10:00 PM
DriftChris
Pit Crew

I could have picked an S14 also or a 13 which the tails are similar that was the first one I picked but its not about the car its about the point I tried to make. People should stop crapping on other peoples styles just because you dont agree or because Its not what a group says to conform to. Especially when youre not open minded enough to try to understand what the other person is going for.
Old 01-25-13, 07:51 AM
Fige
Driver School Candidate

It's a matter of taste. Not sure about the quality. but if you like them go for it.
Old 01-25-13, 09:30 AM
MooJohn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would it have been better for them to make the new lights with the reverse lights in the center like the later OEM lights? Absolutely. Would I have bought used OEM lights if they didn't cost 2-3x the price of the aftermarket ones? Absolutely.

The first-gen stockers are nothing to swoon over through:

(pic from the day I bought the car)

Reverse in the same location. I don't see being half-height any more of a plus or minus over the whole-height reverse lights of the ebay lights.

As far as I'm concerned the new lights make the rear of the car look 10 years newer. Most people assume they're stock. I got them for ~ $130 which isn't bad on a car I paid $800 to purchase. I also bought "non-perfect" front seats from a member here, and "non-perfect" door panels & trim from another. It's a 20+ yr old car that I bought to make roadworthy again for occasional driving. The fact that it runs & drives so well today is a testament to its design and engineering, and my choice of lights doesn't change any of that.
Old 01-25-13, 12:00 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MooJohn
Would it have been better for them to make the new lights with the reverse lights in the center like the later OEM lights? Absolutely. Would I have bought used OEM lights if they didn't cost 2-3x the price of the aftermarket ones? Absolutely.

The first-gen stockers are nothing to swoon over through:
As far as I'm concerned the new lights make the rear of the car look 10 years newer.
Ever hear of a AutoYard aka pick-n-pull or craigslist? Dont have to buy them brand new.
I rather have a OEM tails then those POS ricer looking tails.

OEM looks alot cleaner then Ebay lights. OEM has a sleek look the Ebay tails says Welcome to the Fast & Furious late 90s early 2000's.

and people wonder why value of the SC is going down and becoming the next 240.

But its your car, do as you wish

Last edited by Joey-E; 01-25-13 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-25-13, 12:25 PM
jjffyy
Lead Lap

Someone should've warned the OP to have a flame suit ready cause this is a touchy subject here. Everyone's got to face the fact that these cars are not getting any newer and are starting to reach the price range of used civics and 240's, so mods like this are bound to happen. If the OP likes them then fine, they're not going on my car so I could care less. But being a car enthusiast is all about modifying the car to YOUR taste and not doing it just because other people will like it. This is what being a tuner is all about and that uniqueness is what sets everyone apart, if it was up to some of the SC "purist" then we will all be driving around in our stock body SC's. Just my 2 pennies
Old 01-25-13, 12:49 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Ever hear of a AutoYard aka pick-n-pull or craigslist? Dont have to buy them brand new.
I rather have a OEM tails then those POS ricer looking tails.

OEM looks alot cleaner then Ebay lights. OEM has a sleek look the Ebay tails says Welcome to the Fast & Furious late 90s early 2000's.

and people wonder why value of the SC is going down and becoming the next 240.

But its your car, do as you wish
please tell me why YOU think the SC is so cheap... is it because they are all around 15 or so years old? is it because most of them are starting to develop problems and the interior is basically shot after so long? is it because there were more than 110,000 SC's made?

the next 240... bold statement so many people are making. the cars we all own are cheap deal with it it's not going to turn around or change, not even s-chassis people complain this much.
Old 01-25-13, 12:56 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

People defending Ebay Tail lights on ClubLexus?.....that'll be the freakin day. Shame.

Anyways im out of this thread.

Last edited by Joey-E; 01-25-13 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-25-13, 06:57 PM
DriftChris
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Joey-E
People defending Ebay Tail lights on ClubLexus?.....that'll be the freakin day. Shame.

Anyways im out of this thread.
Nobody is really defending the tails you just dont read. People/I are/am tired of somebody using that same old tired excuse for not adding a part to their car that suits their needs. You keep talking about a look (Fast and the Furious type cars) and your worries about the cars being the next 240 like thats a bad thing. Our cars have **** for the aftermarket because people like you wont support the aftermarket and instead go wanting to make 20 year old cars look like they rolled off the show room floor and leave it at that and say youre modding your car. Normally I dont go ragging on peoples cars because of my beliefs but youre acting like the pot that called the kettle black.

Take a look at your car man... I tried to find a build thread so I can see what makes you such an expert but all I find is stuff on misc subjects. The only things I really found was something about a SC400 vs Supras and something about late model stock wheels on an early model car. You want to go crapping on people for having a difference of opinion without having any kind of relevant experience in the subject is just ignorant. I rarely post but it seems like every time I do its some long drawn out post about why someone is making an *** out of themselves (myself included) I to am out of the thread... Good luck to the OP and I really hope the thread goes back on track.
Old 01-25-13, 07:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Enough guys. Let's knock off the personal commentary in future threads please.