Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

97-2000 LED Tails Fabricated "A" Right Way

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-13, 06:19 AM
DriftChris
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL thats funny you mention ebay headlights. I actually like the high beams as the design of the main headlights are not for me. But after getting to look at both the headlights and the tails personally on a car they of course are not OEM caliber but are definately acceptable low cost solutions for replacements or even pretty competent offroad lights. A lot of these lights are made by the same people and people have no problem bashing the cheap versions but prop up the JP and Sonar version when a lot of them are manufactured by the same people.

If those supermade reps ever see the light of day I can see myself modding some headlights and buying the highbeams and putting HQ HIDs on a car. Sadly I dont have an SC street car at the moment but Im in the market so who knows :]

Oh and as a response I wouldnt call what is going on there arrogance... maybe more like excitement but after looking at the opening post and the response I just felt kind of compelled to say something because I know there are plenty of people who im sure are competent enough to produce equal or better results than clearcorners but putting them up on a high horse because of the price and because of how excited you are for your new mod seems unnecessary.
Old 01-04-13, 07:48 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SCYAL8R
That arrogance is an essential part of this community though. Its the very fabric of their lives. The old heads who have the money or the time or the desire or the ability to create or obtain what they perceive to be the best solution definitely want to crap on other solutions and denigrate those other solutions (blatantly or indirectly) as sub optimal. Party yo justify their own expenditures and efforts and partly to feel superior. Both are normal human emotions for people who put a lot of effort and passion into something and consider themselves authorities on that thing.
I wholeheartedly disagree. I've been on this forum (among others) for nearly a decade. The guys who pour tens of thousands of dollars (in some cases 6 figures) into their cars are nearly always the most humble, mostly because they don't have anything to prove to anyone; they modify their cars for themselves and not for notoriety. Maybe the passion (or experience) comes off as arrogance to some, but I don't think Ryan is arrogant at all. An arrogant person wouldn't bother to take apart their expensive headlights to have them used as a mold for new parts for the whole community. He didn't even describe these as the best solution, just "A" solution.

I think it's kind of arrogant to judge people after only being here a couple of months.

Last edited by Kohinoor; 01-04-13 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-04-13, 09:44 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

That arrogance is an essential part of this community though. Its the very fabric of their lives. The old heads who have the money or the time or the desire or the ability to create or obtain what they perceive to be the best solution definitely want to crap on other solutions and denigrate those other solutions (blatantly or indirectly) as sub optimal. Party yo justify their own expenditures and efforts and partly to feel superior. Both are normal human emotions for people who put a lot of effort and passion into something and consider themselves authorities on that thing.

You see it everywhere. In gun forums its AK vs ar vs hk. The guys who put in the most effort and money and passion and knowledge feel superior very often.

For instance. Here the eBay halo headlights are annihilated regularly. However they are a legit cheap solution to modernizing the look of your headlights. If you don't have the desire to custom form your own headlights, or the resources to do so, its a legit cheaper option. But because it doesn't match up to someone s custom supreme DIY setup its more worthy of derision despite the fact that it does update the look of the car tremendously.

Add in the fact that the cars are cheaper now so more young kids or poorer people will be doing mods and you place even more pressure on the old heads who kind of ruled the roost for so long. They liked the exclusivity of owning a modded SC. Now that exclusivity is lessened. And people they feel reflect poorly on them are mossing their scs in ways they don't approve of. The only outlet they tend to have is to denigrate in various ways the work of others that doesn't adhere to their specific vision.

I love both of those led tails. And each has its good points. IMO those who feel the need to denigrate the modding work of others aside from the most garish and distasteful mods are just . . . . . I dunno. Superior.
I don't think any of that matter though. This is the internet "forums". Expect to be criticized since this is still a public place. Now, there's a borderline, between criticizing and being rude. But again, this is the internet. Turn off your PC or whatever if you can't handle it. Don't go on a killing spree after you turn off your PC though. Besides, the mods here in this forum are awesome, they'll delete rude comments or out of topic comments even before the next guy get a chance to read it.
Attached Thumbnails 97-2000 LED Tails Fabricated "A" Right Way-422609_265392276871978_167706413307232_596315_1452556039_n.jpg  
Old 01-04-13, 04:19 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow! What passionate responses! Not that I aggree with or like them all, but how did this thread get to this amount of bashing and mud slinging? I went back and re-read my initial posts on this thread, numbers 1, 2 and 4. Below is exactly what I typed.

Post 1:
"Hey members, I posted this up on my build thread, but there may be many that have not seen it. So, here is what ClearCorners did for me on my tails. I know their work is a high cost, but the type of LED's they use, plus the quality of their workmanship, and the fact that they completed this in approximately 2 months is amazing. Take a look at the comparison. They look awesome! View the stock 97-2000 tail and the modified ClearCorners light. Notice the pink hue in the outer clear lens cover? The factory Chrome actually accentuates this pink overtone and dates the tail light a little. By removing the chrome trim and matting it black, the pink hue becomes virtually unnoticeable, the tail light becomes much more current in its general appearance, especially with the optional Dark Smoke Tint added. What a major difference and improvement."

Post 2:
Nothing was stated.

Post 4:
"As I mentioned in my Project Thread, I am not attempting to sell you SC owners...I am merely showing you the differences, and they are exceptional, and to explain why, IMO, these lights are worth the money to anyone who decides to ante up for a pair of them. They are worth the money if you want this level of look and craftsmanship. No one does these tails better...Period!!! At least, I have not seen them. ScottURnot's DIY with the Combo 95 and 97-2000 tails, and Zach's Murdered Out set are both nice lights, but both will cost quite a bit as well, and neither have the quality of and quantity of LED's the ClearCorners do. So, again, for LED Tails, these are very tough to beat!"
  • How can any of my words above be construed as Arrogant?
  • How are my words a sales pitch? When was I trying to sell them? To anybody?
  • Where was I bragging about the tails?
  • Where did I once mention my income, or my ability to pay?
  • Where did I brag at all?
  • What I did do was speak very highly about the lights.
  • I mentioned they are expensive only because I knew that many on the SC forums would not buy them, plus, before I could even finish posting up, O. L. T> posted up his comments about the very high price tag of them. They cost as much or more than some members have paid for their whole car. I knew some would complain that ClearCorners prices are ridiculously high, and, in fact they are. But why complain? They are not for everybody, and that is ok.
  • I was and am very excited about the tails, and about my headlights, and I stated so.
  • I explained some of the details of the lights (both tails and headlights) only to answer some of the naysayers...There can be big differences in the quality of materials used in manufacturing similar products and that can cause a huge difference is costs. For example, look at the paint costs used by MAACO versus by a custom painter, the cost per gallon is off the scale higher by the custom painter, and for good reason. In my headlights, I mentioned billet bracket because billet is expensive, and it is much better than cast. I also mentioned that the bracket was custom made because only a handfull were ever made by the SC Member that made them. High quality, low volume means high price. ALWAYS! That is not bragging, just an economic fact! I mentioned the adjustability because many mod their lights and when they do, the adjustability is gone, or greatly lessened. I can go on, but I think my point is made here.
  • I have always had a passion for my SC, that is all. I am very proud of it. I have put my heart and soul into building this car...Over 8 years of work, time and money...And none of you have to approve or like it. Although,I would hope that you do, since I think we all want to gain recognition for our efforts when we really work hard to do someting exceptional. That is not bragging or arrogance. That is simply human nature, and it is healthy to take pride in the things we do well, or work hard at. Modding a car is a whole lot more than just throwing money at it...It is about one's personal creativity, and that is important. It makes a statement about the person that is creating...What is wrong with that???
  • Also, I clearly stated in my Title of this thread "A" way to do it correctly, not "The" way, or "The Only" way, or anything else. Again, this is "A" way. One of, I am sure, many...
OK, so let's get on to answering the myriad of comments here...

Originally Posted by SCary400
Not quite. I just expect better for the money.

The comment about the not seeing what was in the headlights worth $2500 was backed up by the R&D costs (which is what I asked, I asked what made them $2500). That concept seems to be hard for you to grasp. Get your little panties out of a bunch and don't insinuate something from text.

Seeing lines or individual LEDs in a set of taillights does make them look cheap. If it made them look like quality pieces, people would be dropping cheap 12v strips off ebay into their lights all the time. The other conversion is better.

Call me a hater all you wish, I'll sit here and wait for you to have an independent thought of your own for once. How dare someone have a different opinion and not just sit around blowing smoke up someone's .
No need to get nasty...You two can differ, but civilitiy is always the right way to carry yourself...

I disagree with your comment "more for the money", but then I guess I would since I did spend my money for the lights...And I did not just bragg because I just stated "I spent the money". I would better respect your stating they are not worth it to you...Because they obviously aren't, and that is ok by me.

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
When can we see pics you have taken of them or on the car? Close up of key hole area and behind the lights so we can see how all the wiring looks?
I will take some pics with them on the car later...The stereo is a bear to remove to get to the lights, and I only want to do that once. The car has to go back to paint for some minor repair and the final wet sand and buff, so I will wait until then to install them. I will get you a close up of the key hole at that time too. ClearCorners and I had a lengthy discussion about the keyhole and the best way to address it. I like the way it turned out. I will not show you the back as ClearCorners asked me not to since that is one of his trade secrets, and I will honor his request. I will state this, they are wired to be plug and play with the factory harness, pig tail and all. Voltages are all correct as well, so it will operate properly with the 97-2000 Lexus.

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
You gonna wait under your bridge?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
No need to state anythng else here...

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I have to chime back in I suppose. Why are there haters out there? He wanted to just share what he did with his tails not to brag about the cost of the total package. People just kept at him about what it cost. It doesnt matter what it cost but only to the person doing it. Thats why some people do a motor swap correctly and others just throw it in there and all they care about is the fact it runs. I dont see how this thread has gotten so far off of the whole purpose originally.

Please stay on topic.
You most definitely hit the nail squarely on the head...I do hope this gets back on topic and quick.

Originally Posted by DLA-USA
I suppose I have to chime in on this again. The first time aparently looked too much like a sales pitch. I also agree the post needs to go back on topic as to not crap on this mans thread. As someone who has been engineering and doing electrical work for quite sometime I have to mention I made those other lights that CalitriSC mentioned. I am interested in the construction of those lights to see what makes them engineered and high quality.

Not to bad mouth clearcorners or your purchase as I am a firm believer in people doing whatever they want to their cars because thats what makes it fun and we are all here to get ideas and to help the community. I have to say those look really really simple to produce those results.

For example you mentioned that your lights are diffused? From the distance provided it looks like a pre purchased LED strip or a row of SuperFLUX leds. I dont see a diffuser. In the brake lamp section and the turn signal section looks like a similar array to the lights I made. Long story short those dont look engineered and spraying the lights with a smoke coating and UV coating is relatively inexpensive and easy to do. I could be wrong but that is just from observation.

Those lights I made a really long time ago for fun for my car and I sold them pretty near cost to make some money for school. I had a total of 5 arrays with 2 of them being microcontrolled to produce a brighter light when the brake was deppressed by simply increasing the frequency. I also designed and created my own circuit boards hand soldered each connection and did all of the coding for the controller as well as used OEM toyota connectors and my own wiring so no splicing was required making it PNP and removable as to make sure it was always in spec with the OEM control systems as to not throw a brake light also taking in consideration if you ever wanted to remove it and put the stock lights back on it would be simple.

I did this in a week from scratch and from Concept to RnD to finished product. My initial inspiration came from all the cool DIY Bippu lights from Japan but I never finished and I didnt have them that long.

http://youtu.be/7t3V5HptNbI

For a simple fun project I would have to say my lights were pretty well engineered even if they dont suit peoples tastes. Id say I accomplished my basic goal and executed it perfectly. Sequential turns were planned and maybe even designs in the brake lamp pattern. I like the clearcorners lights personally but I wouldnt call my mod homemade personally as I tend to pay critical attention to detail and will never be happy with even the smallest mistake. ask CalitriSC. Even though I like the clearcorners lights I have to argure with the point of the thread that they were done "A Right Way"

Thats just my 2 cents and I am in no way trying to self promote or crap on your thread. I just get really buthurt with my personal projects because I tend to expect the best of myself and it kind of bums me out that what I worked hard to do is getting passed off as cheap. You did say you wanted someone to start their own thread so Id say look out for when I make CalitriSCs baller set. I wasnt happy with his tails I modded and I chipped a small part on one of his diffusers and offered to make him a really cool set for free.
I thank you for your kudos, and your honesty...I want to offer up my apologies for my "looks homemade" comment. That is what it looks like to me in the reverse section since you did not place a diffuser, but I clearly stated your lights are nice. In fact, if you recall, I PM'd you a long time ago about making me a set like them but with a few changes as I wanted the ClearCorners, but could not at that time justify spending the money on the ClearCorners to myself. You said you did not have the time, so I went the other route...Eventually...

You see it everywhere. In gun forums its AK vs ar vs hk. The guys who put in the most effort and money and passion and knowledge feel superior very often.

For instance. Here the eBay halo headlights are annihilated regularly. However they are a legit cheap solution to modernizing the look of your headlights. If you don't have the desire to custom form your own headlights, or the resources to do so, its a legit cheaper option. But because it doesn't match up to someone s custom supreme DIY setup its more worthy of derision despite the fact that it does update the look of the car tremendously.

Add in the fact that the cars are cheaper now so more young kids or poorer people will be doing mods and you place even more pressure on the old heads who kind of ruled the roost for so long. They liked the exclusivity of owning a modded SC. Now that exclusivity is lessened. And people they feel reflect poorly on them are mossing their scs in ways they don't approve of. The only outlet they tend to have is to denigrate in various ways the work of others that doesn't adhere to their specific vision.

I love both of those led tails. And each has its good points. IMO those who feel the need to denigrate the modding work of others aside from the most garish and distasteful mods are just . . . . . I dunno. Superior.
I highlghted your whole first paragraph in red...That is simply not true. And your accusations are down right offensive. Perhaps that is how you feel when you read a thread or a post from an OG or other that is working hard to build their car to a standard that they set, but just because you say it, that does not make it true. Other than my "looks homemade" comment, nowhere did I denigrate other people's work. And even that was simply my opinion. I can clearly tell you I do not have to justify anything I do with my SC to you or anybody on CL. I sometimes share out of excitement, and I shometimes share out of helping others. I also comment on several other cars in this forum that I believe to be well modded. I think that is kind of what this forum is about?... Please keep these kinds of comments off of this thread and forum. I DO NOT THINK I OR MY CAR ARE SUPERIOR TO YOUR CAR OR ANY OTHER SC ON THIS FORUM. I hope I have now cleared your thoughts of me or others of being garish or superior...Gee Whiz...

Originally Posted by DLA-USA
LOL thats funny you mention ebay headlights. I actually like the high beams as the design of the main headlights are not for me. But after getting to look at both the headlights and the tails personally on a car they of course are not OEM caliber but are definately acceptable low cost solutions for replacements or even pretty competent offroad lights. A lot of these lights are made by the same people and people have no problem bashing the cheap versions but prop up the JP and Sonar version when a lot of them are manufactured by the same people.

If those supermade reps ever see the light of day I can see myself modding some headlights and buying the highbeams and putting HQ HIDs on a car. Sadly I dont have an SC street car at the moment but Im in the market so who knows :]

Oh and as a response I wouldnt call what is going on there arrogance... maybe more like excitement but after looking at the opening post and the response I just felt kind of compelled to say something because I know there are plenty of people who im sure are competent enough to produce equal or better results than clearcorners but putting them up on a high horse because of the price and because of how excited you are for your new mod seems unnecessary.
Why is it that when someone or some company that gets high praise for a job well done, that is considered bad or putting them up on a high horse? Add doing so because of the price? Please show me where I did that? Of course I am excited about the new mod...Why is that wrong? Again, where did I denigrate? My opinion here, but it seems like some serious insecurity on your part here...

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
I wholeheartedly disagree. I've been on this forum (among others) for nearly a decade. The guys who pour tens of thousands of dollars (in some cases 6 figures) into their cars are nearly always the most humble, mostly because they don't have anything to prove to anyone; they modify their cars for themselves and not for notoriety. Maybe the passion (or experience) comes off as arrogance to some, but I don't think Ryan is arrogant at all. An arrogant person wouldn't bother to take apart their expensive headlights to have them used as a mold for new parts for the whole community. He didn't even describe these as the best solution, just "A" solution.

I think it's kind of arrogant to judge people after only being here a couple of months.
Thanks Man! I so appreciate your words. I also agree with your last statement!!

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I don't think any of that matter though. This is the internet "forums". Expect to be criticized since this is still a public place. Now, there's a borderline, between criticizing and being rude. But again, this is the internet. Turn off your PC or whatever if you can't handle it. Don't go on a killing spree after you turn off your PC though. Besides, the mods here in this forum are awesome, they'll delete rude comments or out of topic comments even before the next guy get a chance to read it.
Agreed, let's now get back on topic...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 01-04-13 at 04:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GZZ-TT (08-05-21)
Old 01-04-13, 06:14 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok guys.... THIS IS THE LAST WARNING !!!!

I understand that this website is like many others, but this bickering back and forth, plus all the negative comments will be haulted on this thread, here and now. I will not, nor any other moderator, will put up with this kind of comments nor disrespect to others. This website is designed to help each Lexus enthusiastic people out there, and by ANY means this will continue. If there is one more comment on here that I feel inappropriate, I will lock the thread and make my corrections to the entire thing to better suit future readers. If anyone has any questions, do not clutter this thread, PM me for further. I will be more than glad to talk through email or by phone, the choice will be left to you.

For those who have actually contributed, I applaud you, and please continue to post freely on this thread, all others, move on. THIS IS THE LAST WARNING
Old 01-04-13, 06:47 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool look forward to more pics when you have time. I only ask because your really the only person I know that has these lights done by Clear Corners.
Old 01-04-13, 08:25 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Cool look forward to more pics when you have time. I only ask because your really the only person I know that has these lights done by Clear Corners.
No worries...Deron also has them. He is NextLevelCoupe.

Ryan
Old 01-05-13, 01:46 AM
DriftChris
Pit Crew

No worries man like I said I just get buthurt hahaha Ive always wanted to buy a set becuase I am lazy from time to time but the interest in LED mods has given me a bit of passion because Ive been lurking for years and I dont have a ton to contribute past what people already know lol You must have sent that to my old SN I dont remember what it is but I think that was around finals or something so you may be right.

I might have read it wrong because im not so good on the internet but thanks for the props. I might have read it wrong im not so good with the internet. I try to give credit where it Its due and I usually dont like to see people putting people down because of difference of opinion.

To answer your other question I got a lot of the heat I did from these specific things.

They are worth the money if you want this level of look and craftsmanship. No one does these tails better...Period!!!
Your friends lights look good, but being able to view each LED with no reflectors or diffusers just looks totally homemade. The LED's used by ClearCorners are not the cheap Chinese ones that burn out quickly. Modifying a non-LED light assembly with LED's is a whole lot more involved than simply stuffing a bunch of LED's in an assembly and calling it a day.
The diffuser material is not from Home Depot, and it comes coated with anti UV coatings so it will not yellow or easily brittle in the sun over many years. The soldering is a whole other topic...Good soldering is critical to long lasting LED's, and although many people can solder, that does not mean they do it correctly. I could go on, but you get the point...
I was saying my old post that got deleted sounded like as sales pitch not yours lol

Anyway back on task...

Im actually really interested in seeing them up close. One of the things that stopped me from buying them in the first place is I dont trust other people doing things for me in most cases because I usually end up having to go back and fix sloppy work. Im definately not so big headed where I cannot appreciate quality work. Id like to see what makes them worth the money. One of the things I try to do with any mod on my car is to find the perfect compromise between cost and quality.
Old 01-24-13, 06:51 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Here are some pics in the sunlight. The smoke is dark as I requested, and they look real good...Almost murdered out...But not quite the Zach Culver look...

Both:

Another:

Driver side:

Passenger side/Keyhole:

They should be put on within the next 4 weeks...

Damned oil spots!! I recently had a contractor working on my attic flooring and his truck leaked oil on my driveway...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 01-24-13 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-24-13, 07:14 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice, but overpriced
OEM tails for me
Old 01-25-13, 11:28 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Really looking foreward to seeing these installed along with the new rims!
If you end up wanting to go another direction with lights after you install 'em, we might be able to make a deal.

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 01-25-13 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-25-13, 09:11 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think those tails look more contemporary at all.
Im also not a fan of everybody painting the chrome-trim black.
Same as around the door-trim; why does everyone hate chrome some much?
I can understand when it comes to cheap lookin' Big Pimpin' wheels, but chrome isn't always bad.
E.g. I think this guys CCW Wheels look BANGIN' on his SC.
The only reason I haven't chosen the same wheels, is 'cus I wanna show-off my big-brakes/calipers more; so I need less "spoke".

Im perfectly fine with my stock '97 taillights though, and I would NEEEVER pay $2500, for some "lights".
Thats an "engine" right there, or a turbo kit, or even a whole 'nuther car.
Old 01-25-13, 10:54 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Still with the too expensive comments? Okay, I'm gonna be at the borderline of being rude while criticizing, so please, excuse me. If you think it's too expensive why get a Lexus? Lexus is expensive? Dont give me that 'dude its a 20 year old car and sells for $2k on craigslist or even less', newsflash dude, more likely it is the reason why your SC looks like crap compared to people who really adore and spend blood sweat and tears to their beloved SC's. If you can't afford it, good news bro, you're not their target market. I really expect more from Club Lexus forum members than 'dude that's expensive'. Get a Hyundai bro, if you want the ballin' while in a major budget look since they try to compare themselves to Lexus. Lol

Edit: it looks really top notch and almost OEM. Looking forward to seeing it on the car. Good luck with the build. Don't forget to update us on the SC430 front seats too, Ryan.

Last edited by OG Dada; 01-25-13 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-26-13, 12:23 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Nice, but overpriced
OEM tails for me
Thanks for the props. Like I said in the beginning, these lights aren't for everybody due to their very high prices.

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Really looking foreward to seeing these installed along with the new rims!
If you end up wanting to go another direction with lights after you install 'em, we might be able to make a deal.
Zach, are you buying up parts for the SC again? Hmmmmm, I wonder why? , perhaps another Project Galactus on its way?

Originally Posted by CityKnight
I don't think those tails look more contemporary at all.
Im also not a fan of everybody painting the chrome-trim black.
Same as around the door-trim; why does everyone hate chrome some much?
I can understand when it comes to cheap lookin' Big Pimpin' wheels, but chrome isn't always bad.
E.g. I think this guys CCW Wheels look BANGIN' on his SC.
The only reason I haven't chosen the same wheels, is 'cus I wanna show-off my big-brakes/calipers more; so I need less "spoke".
Im perfectly fine with my stock '97 taillights though, and I would NEEEVER pay $2500, for some "lights".
Thats an "engine" right there, or a turbo kit, or even a whole 'nuther car.
I appreciate your comments...I obviously disagree with you......I think they look very contemporary...I like chrome, I did not attempt to rid my car of chrome, just on the tails...I do not like it on the tails. But, if I ever change my mind or want a diff look, I have a set of brand new 97-2000 tails that I can swap onto the car.... Chrome wheels are cool...But not for this project...My new set is not chrome though, brushed silver, chrome fasteners, chrome lips, billet center caps, black lugs. So, still some chrome, just not all.... As far as price, I get it...you don't want to pay that nor can you justify in your mind spending that much for lights...it took me many years of going back and forth before I could either...But, I do like the exclusivity of them...There is not another set of theses tails modded this way anywhere in the world, and I do like that.

Comparing the price to an engine or a turbo kit...Well that depends upon the engine and the turbo kit...Many cost much, much more than that...I will not even say how much mine cost...

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Still with the too expensive comments? Okay, I'm gonna be at the borderline of being rude while criticizing, so please, excuse me. If you think it's too expensive why get a Lexus? Lexus is expensive? Dont give me that 'dude its a 20 year old car and sells for $2k on craigslist or even less', newsflash dude, more likely it is the reason why your SC looks like crap compared to people who really adore and spend blood sweat and tears to their beloved SC's. If you can't afford it, good news bro, you're not their target market. I really expect more from Club Lexus forum members than 'dude that's expensive'. Get a Hyundai bro, if you want the ballin' while in a major budget look since they try to compare themselves to Lexus. Lol

Edit: it looks really top notch and almost OEM. Looking forward to seeing it on the car. Good luck with the build. Don't forget to update us on the SC430 front seats too, Ryan.
Thanks King for you props and defense...I must agree that even though peeps are now able to buy many SC's at cheap prices, they aren't cheap to own or to drive...This model was never built for or targeted towards the budget class car owner...No Lexus was, or even now is...This car is expensive on fuel, maintenance, repair, upkeep, etc...OEM Parts are outrageously expensive in most cases...Anybody who picks one of these babies up, regardless of the price they pay, will get sticker shock if they decide to return their ride to new and stock condition...That is before ever spending a dime on MODS! My car is now 20 years old...The model originated 22 years ago...It was discontinued 13 years ago...Amazing that a car this old can stir the emotions so much...That is the beauty of the SC...It has always and still does stir your soul...It definitely stirs mine!

The SC ROCKS. IMHO,,,,,

Ryan
Old 01-26-13, 01:59 AM
DriftChris
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SC400TT
My car is now 20 years old...The model originated 22 years ago...It was discontinued 13 years ago...Amazing that a car this old can stir the emotions so much...That is the beauty of the SC...It has always and still does stir your soul...It definitely stirs mine!

The SC ROCKS. IMHO,,,,,

Ryan
I love this statement... For as much money as some of us have spent we could have bought really nice cars but the fact that people are so passionate about the car really does my heart good. The SC is in my top 5 cars I would love to own in the 1k to 100K range and there are a lot of really cool cars in that price range. Very good outlook on the car man

Quick Reply: 97-2000 LED Tails Fabricated "A" Right Way