SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

electrical problem with my '93 sc300. (dome light.courtesy lights.tilt/teles. alarm.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-12, 10:44 PM
jmarque7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical problem with my '93 sc300. (dome light.courtesy lights.tilt/teles. alarm.

I messed something up and I hope it won't cost much. I was trying to fit a 95+ master key and transmitter to work on my 93 SC300. I spliced the old harness and connected the wires to the new transmitter with different harness. After i tried and it didn't work I put back the old harness and put the original transmitter box in. Well I then found that my electric tilt and steering. Wheel doesn't work. Then the lock/unlock do not work. Then alarm doesn't turn on. N I just noticed the courtesy/dome lights do not work either.

Does anyone know if the receiver box may have been damaged ? Or another electronic component ? I will check the fuses for dome , etc. I am wondering if anyone knows what it might be ? Might save me some time. I tried looking but didn't find anything. Help is needed and appreciated. Thanks...
Old 12-10-12, 10:56 PM
jmarque7
Driver

All these things were working before I messed around with the car today
Old 12-11-12, 06:28 AM
StealthGS
Driver

First off go through the fuses, Second double check the wires to make sure they are all connected properly to each other and not crossed in any way, Third make sure you have a solid connection between the wires if not you'll have this issue!

I recently bought a 96' SC300 with the harness being damaged from a blowout, The previous owner tried fixing the harness but nothing worked power seats, windows, locks lights etc. I went through the wiring which is the small harness that runs off the main harness, And re did the wiring and heat shrinked all the connections...Fixed it! And it's good as new now.

Go through those steps and you should be good!