SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-13, 12:27 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you increase the profile to lets say a 40 on a 245 the stretch wont be too difficult.
Old 02-04-13, 01:23 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im pretty much an anti stretch ****, but if they wont handle it at your hole in the wall tire shop, starter fluid should do the trick.
Old 02-04-13, 01:35 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
if you increase the profile to lets say a 40 on a 245 the stretch wont be too difficult.
yea forsure the extra sidewall gives u a little extra meat to play with , but two main reasons im trying this set up is for one i have the tires on hand , and two the smaller the tire the less fender modifying I will have to do

Originally Posted by greens14
im pretty much an anti stretch ****, but if they wont handle it at your hole in the wall tire shop, starter fluid should do the trick.
lol yea man its definitely something I might have to consider.
Old 02-04-13, 06:37 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a big fan of stretch either, I guess if you put wide wheels I think they are pointless with narrow tires. I can tolerate a little but in general I like big fat tires tucked in the fenders. These are going to take some crazy fender mods to fit, especially if you stick with proper sized tires. I am really looking forward to some progress.
Old 02-04-13, 07:05 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your best bet will be just going widebody because you will need an insanee pull but subbed I wanna see how this looks.
Old 02-04-13, 07:42 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Not a big fan of stretch either, I guess if you put wide wheels I think they are pointless with narrow tires. I can tolerate a little but in general I like big fat tires tucked in the fenders. These are going to take some crazy fender mods to fit, especially if you stick with proper sized tires. I am really looking forward to some progress.
yea scott lots of people feel that way , to be perfectly honest i got the wide wheels purely for looks, I love the deep dish look and I want to have some poke as well, im only on stock power so i dont really have the need for big meaty tires as of yet.

But the good thing is if I do ever add power I have the option there to add fatter wheels
Old 02-05-13, 03:17 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

Did you start assembling the wheel yet?
Where did you get your lips?

I am considering radical lips for my Work VX-ZF's.
Old 02-05-13, 04:04 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Did you start assembling the wheel yet?
Where did you get your lips?

I am considering radical lips for my Work VX-ZF's.
thats exactly what i said in your other thread lol, getting some new fatty lips will turn those wheels into something very nice.

I got the lips from MC3 wheels, he is no longer a vender here i think but if you pm me tomorow ill get u his phone number, its on my other phone and i dont have it on me .

and no i havent started yet ive been so lazy , going to buy a torque wrench and silicone and tackle it tomorow i think
Old 02-05-13, 04:15 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
thats exactly what i said in your other thread lol, getting some new fatty lips will turn those wheels into something very nice.

I got the lips from MC3 wheels, he is no longer a vender here i think but if you pm me tomorow ill get u his phone number, its on my other phone and i dont have it on me .

and no i havent started yet ive been so lazy , going to buy a torque wrench and silicone and tackle it tomorow i think
That explains the Deja Vu feeling ;-)

Ill PM tomorrow.
Thanks
Old 02-06-13, 12:19 PM
jblack1018
Driver School Candidate

"pm me tomorow ill get u his phone number, its on my other phone and i dont have it on me"

Sounds like someone is a player with more than 1 girlfriend :P must be the car! haha cant wait to see pix. GL on the roll/pull
Old 02-11-13, 08:34 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Ok so it has begun , I got the tires off and I started the process of re lipping.

In case anyone was interested ill do a brief step by step on re lipping.

First step is of course removing the bolts, best way is to do everything in a criss cross pattern when removing and installing the bolts.

Second is to cut the silicone seal in beetween the lip and barrel, I used a sharp knife but its better to use a razor blade.

Then you have to take the time to break the seal, some people use a rubber mallet, some people use a two by four and a hammer, either way it needs to come apart so figure it out.

Now I have a question I need to throw out there, Im going to be refinishing my fronts, I really love the look of high polished aluminum, its almost as bright and shiny as chrome when done right, im wondering if I go through the time to sand through the grits and then polish with compounds, Can i then spray a clear gloss over it to protect it? It seems to me that spraying over a polishing compound wont work out well, should i just leave the polished face bare with no clear? Or can I spray a clear over it?

Thanks guys

(edit) damn I need a proper cam these pics are horrible.
Attached Thumbnails Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)-refinish-wheel-001.jpg   Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)-refinish-wheel-002.jpg   Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)-refinish-wheel-003.jpg  
Old 04-22-13, 06:16 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Bumpity Bumps!

Wazzuppppppppp?

Updates and piks please!

I am following you up this tree!

Damn those are some big Mick Jagger's !
Old 04-22-13, 10:14 AM
NixusSC
Driver

Can afford to buy big money lips for wheels but uses a potato to take pictures of said big money money lips...-.-
Better piktarz!!!
Old 04-22-13, 10:19 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

also curious to see this wideness
Old 04-22-13, 11:38 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Wazzuppppppppp?

Updates and piks please!

I am following you up this tree!

Damn those are some big Mick Jagger's !
lol i been having lots of trouble getting the old lips off , I got the lip/face removed from the barrel but now the face seems like its siliconed to the lip and there is no way to access the silicone because it is underneath the face , so unless anyone has any advice im going to soak the entire lip/face in thinner to break it down. But yea spring is here so one way or another they are going to be done soon

Originally Posted by NixusSC
Can afford to buy big money lips for wheels but uses a potato to take pictures of said big money money lips...-.-
Better piktarz!!!
lol man leave my 1.3 mega pixel alone
Attached Thumbnails Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)-a-wheeeeeel.png   Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)-a-wheeeel.png  

Quick Reply: Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)